• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Platinum Discussion

Right up to the Elite Four with just a Rapidash in the way of a Fire type was TORTURE for a PokéPyromaniac like me. But then that's my own fault for starting with Turtwig ^^;

I didn't have a problem without Fire-types. I hate Ponyta/Rapidash and I started with Piplup, so I just taught my pokemon Fire-type attacks, like Flamethrower to Skuntank. It really wasn't that hard, and with Sinnoh even colder you would expect fewer of the Fire Pokemon.

Its not that I don't like Fire-types, its just that there aren't as many interesting ones. I mean seriously, why Infernape? Even though my favorite type is fire I tend to choose Water-Types...(Squirtle, Totodile, Mudkip, and Piplup come to mind). I mean come on come up with awesome fire types and leave the trash like Heatran in the dumpster.
(hint: look in signature. And if its not there, refresh.)

Its not that I don't like Fire-types, its just that there aren't as many interesting ones. I mean seriously, why Infernape? Even though my favorite type is fire I tend to choose Water-Types...(Squirtle, Totodile, Mudkip, and Piplup come to mind). I mean come on come up with awesome fire types and leave the trash like Heatran in the dumpster.
(hint: look in signature. And if its not there, refresh.)

You don't have to like the way it looks, but for the record Infernape's design is probably one of the most inspired out of all the Fire-types. It's a hell of a lot more creative than "stick random fire on badger OKAY DONE" at any rate.

Infernape's design is cool, but that's the only fire starter I didn't get. I just don't like monkeys. *shrug*

Also, yay for starters in Amity Square!

Mm, I agoree, I love Infernape, he's so cute~

And fire-types are the worst for taking a random animal and modifying it only slightly; Ponyta's the worst, but like Kratos said, Cyndaquil and co. aren't much better, Ninetales has nothing on all the other nine-tailed-fox designs there are out there and Flareon is essentially a red Eevee and clearly the eeveelution they spent the least amount of time on.

Magmar is awesome, however.

Starters + evos in Amity Square is cool, although they should allow Croagunk for maximum Spaekle happiness. I mean wtf Croagunk's cute >:(!

Interesting new NPC's, hmm! :D

Mm, I agoree, I love Infernape, he's so cute~

And fire-types are the worst for taking a random animal and modifying it only slightly; Ponyta's the worst, but like Kratos said, Cyndaquil and co. aren't much better, Ninetales has nothing on all the other nine-tailed-fox designs there are out there and Flareon is essentially a red Eevee and clearly the eeveelution they spent the least amount of time on.

Magmar is awesome, however.

And Magcargo isn't?

I love fire types, mainly because of their stats and moves. Their designs, admittedly aren't that great. The only ones that seem interesting to me, at least, are the Magmar chain, Magcargo, Charizard, Cyndaquil, and the Houndour chain (Admittedly, those are simply dogs that breath fire, but the addition of the Dark type and all the bones and evilness make them seem original)

...they're hellhounds? Not quite the same as "just a fire-breathing dog".

Honestly, I'm not convinced they put any significant degree of thought into any of them other than the Chimchar line, Torchic line and Ho-Oh. And I guess the Houndour line, but hellhounds seem like they'd be a more common pick than Hanuman/Son Goku/Sun Wukong, fighting roosters and a specific kind of phoenix. And Charmander is a mythical salamander, but Charizard is still only generic dragon + fire = yay done. Don't get me wrong, I love the type and the vast majority of Pokémon in it, but... they could do better idea-wise.

Game is epic. I caught Origin Giratina yesterday, I can't get enough of the music.

Also Dahlia is... well, when I saw her art I went "holy shit".

Back
Top Bottom