• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Platinum Discussion

So, the new forms.

I think they're Rotom. Look at the bottom left hand one. It looks like a battery, with thunderbolts and a spike attached. The one to it's right is a Tv with hands and a spike.

Rotom isn't legendary. So it seems unlikly that it would get a forme, but then we were all suprised before. (Curse that Arceus...)

And it seems the flashlight is used in a gym, acording to serebii. Maybe it will replace flash, but I doubt it.

Flashlight...gasp...I didn't expect that.

if this hasn't been posted yet:
121807221821.jpg
I wonder what the Pokemon are. The purple one looks sorta like a Rotom form, but it's not legendary....

Castform isn't a legendary and still has multiple forms. Why can't Rotom have multiple forms? D:

Okay I guess the lack of any actual method of switching between the forms is a problem. But still.

Can't wait :D

Return of the Battle Frontier will be awesome <3 Supposedly, there will be 5 buildings instead of 7, though.

I hope you can catch Dialga and Palkia in Platinum just like you could capture Groudon and Kyogre in Emerald.

EDIT: Here's the official sprite for Shaymin Sky form from the Platinum website, although it's small in the pic:
shayminsky.png

Last edited:
All together it seems awesome I will buy the japanese version because I can't wait. It just seems too good to be true except the new robot legendaries that are just really wierd.

Robot Legendaries?

Anyways, apparently the Sinnoh Dex may jump from 151 to 210, to include all (?) new Pokemon (E.g. Magmortar), and their (pre)evos (E.g. Magmar)

Meh. At least it would mean one more fire type before the Elite 4

Oh, wow. I do like the new battle interface in that trailer. 8D

And I love the better animation. It looks like Platinum really has enhanced a lot. And that double battle against Flint and Volkner looks awesome~

New Pokedex news.

I think that the "new" Pokemon are probably pre-evolutions to other Pokemon that were only available after you beat the E4. For instance, Duskull will most likely be one of them. If you look at a pic of the Hearthome gym, they have Duskull lamps. It wouldn't make much sense for them to have Duskull lamps if you can't get Duskull until after the E4. Plus you'll probably be able to get other pre-evos to the newer Pokemon before the E4 (i.e., Snorunt, Eevee, Elekid, Tangela, etc). It's a pretty smart idea.

Who knows, maybe we'll see some new Pokemon. :D

I'm just glad that they fixed the sprites. Especially the Electivire and Snorlax ones. They just appeared to be... sitting there doing nothing. Now they have them where they look like they are about to show their power. I absolutely love the Infernape, Magmortar, Electivire, Lucario and Garchomp sprites.

Aaaaagargh, some modifications to the Sinnoh dex was one of the main things I wanted for this game. :D Hopefully they'll do something about the ridiculous lack of fire-types. And maybe they'll work to have a bit more variety in the Pokemon that appear on each route. The sameness and ridiculous number of EVERYWHERE Pokemon was one of my biggest pet peeves in D/P.

Aaaaagargh, some modifications to the Sinnoh dex was one of the main things I wanted for this game. :D Hopefully they'll do something about the ridiculous lack of fire-types. And maybe they'll work to have a bit more variety in the Pokemon that appear on each route. The sameness and ridiculous number of EVERYWHERE Pokemon was one of my biggest pet peeves in D/P.

Like Starly, Staravia, Kricketot, Bidoof, Bibarel and Zubat. You're right. The game was not fun when all of the Pokemon could be found somewhere else and all the cool Pokemon couldn't be found until after the game. And 2 fire Pokemon in the whole game was just so stupid, especially since one of them had to be a starter and the other was Ponyta.

Back
Top Bottom