• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon Sun & Pokemon Moon

Salandit revealed!

It's a Poison/Fire type salamander bandit with a new ability called Corrosion, which allows it to poison even Poison or Steel types!

its 3d model looks like some guy in a motion capture body suit wearing a rubber lizard head i'm laughing so hard omg my god

Salandit's definitely going into my team even though I'm picking Litten. I've wanted a Fire/Poison type for so long and now we finally got one and it's great *u*

Love the ability as well, hopefully lil' salamander here evolves into something strong enough to be useful in competitive play :O

New Pokemon revealed!

Seems they're pretty new, as all we know about them are their Japanese names, types, abilities, and appearance.

Anyway, we have Kiteruguma, a Normal/Fighting bear with the body of a black bear and the head of a teddy bear (in my opinion). It can either have the abilities Fluffy (we don't know what it does yet), or Klutz.

And the other one is Mimikkyu, a Ghost/Fairy that looks like a faded 6 year olds drawing of a Pikachu (they do note it's resemblance to pikachu in corocoro). It has the ability Disguise (again, which we know nothing about).

I think that Kiteruguma is so weird and cute that I like it a lot, to say nothing of the rad typing. As for Mimikkyu, it's a Mimic pikachu with a rad typing as well!! That's super cool! Also forget Togedemaru, this thing is the new pikachu clone

So... any thoughts?

Not sure if I like Kiteruguma. It looks a bit too... featureless? Or too featureless for how big and round its body is, if that makes sense.

The picture of Mimikkyu on the bottom of the page reminds me of a Milton Jones joke.
"I was driving alone at night the other day when on the side of the road I saw a dead baby ghost. But now that I think about it, it could have been a handkerchief"

I really like Mimikkyu? Ghost/Fairy's a real interesting type combo, and the fact that it's like, possessing some Pokemon merch or something is just as hilarious as it is unnerving.

Kiteruguma... um? I thought I'd like it more when I saw its 3D model but that new Japanese trailer that showed both Pokemon in game for like a few frames didn't really... sell me on that Pokemon as a whole. Guess I'm just gonna have to get used to it.

But that Mimikkyu, I mean wow

New pokemon, including BEST HORSE!!!

Seriously though I need Mudsdale in my team so bad. The design is great and it has a neat new ability and it's A DAMN FINE HORSE :D

Also other neat info: we've now got HYPER TRAINING because super wasn't super enough and we can change pokemon's IVs? Sign me the fuck up

Hooooo boy, Game Freak is increasingly trying to let anybody have maxed-out competitive-quality Pokemon without having to put in days or weeks of effort, huh? I can't say I'm upset, since opening up the metagame to more people who would've been deterred by the effort is awesome, but on the other hand, why couldn't Game Freak have had this change of heart back when I was playing the metagame around Generation IV >:(

omg I am sooooo ready for hyper training--some of my favorite ingame 'mons can suddenly become, like, actually competitively useful? Awesome! Unfortunately if it's tied to an item it could still be quite limiting, but it's definitely better than nothing.

I'm a bit weirded out by how sad bounsweet's 'dex info is. Like, it's an adorable bouncing fruit thing that occasionally gets SWALLOWED BY ACCIDENT. It looks so adorable running away from things that NO ONE WILL BOTHER TO HELP IT. idk if they're setting up for some kind of angry revenge-fueled evolution or what.

Hyper training sounds amazing.

Maybe it'll be able to help breathe life back into the vaguely forgotten TCoD WiFi League section which I have secretly long and patiently been wanting to actually make active again muahahahahaha...

Hyper training sounds amazing.

Maybe it'll be able to help breathe life back into the vaguely forgotten TCoD WiFi League section which I have secretly long and patiently been wanting to actually make active again muahahahahaha...
Seems like the ability to set up your own online competitions might be more likely to do that, although if you don't want to wait for Sun/Moon I'd be down for a casual wi-fi tournament at some point. Haven't done much properly competitive stuff for years now, but I don't think a lot of people around here have.

Seems like the ability to set up your own online competitions might be more likely to do that, although if you don't want to wait for Sun/Moon I'd be down for a casual wi-fi tournament at some point. Haven't done much properly competitive stuff for years now, but I don't think a lot of people around here have.

If I'm 100% honest, I haven't even finished ORAS yet, buuuuut I could probably be persuaded to rush through it with the promise of a casual WiFi clash. Only got the Elite 4 to go haha. I always did enjoy the themed battles!

What kind of stuff would you (and other people) want to see?

Also I haven't been keeping super up to date with the Sun/Moon news; exams and work experience and general life has been keeping me busy. :( Being able to set up your own online tournament sounds really useful. :o Does anyone know how it'll work?

I really like how imaginative they were with Comfey (it's a freaking lei), but I kinda don't like the resemblance to Klefki. Bounsweet is just totally adorable and I freaking love it! It's so cute (even though it looks super similar to Cherubi)!!

I've never actually played competitive before, so if we could see lots of simple tournaments simply to get started, it would be nice.

Also I haven't been keeping super up to date with the Sun/Moon news; exams and work experience and general life has been keeping me busy. :( Being able to set up your own online tournament sounds really useful. :o Does anyone know how it'll work?
All I know is what it says on Pokebeach:

The new update will introduce Friendly Competitions, a new function which has been created to allow players to become competition hosts and host their own original competitions where they can set the regulations. Two types of Friendly Competition will be available, Online and Live:

Online Competitions – These are competitions which are played over the internet. Players will be matched with an opponent and compete against each other for the best rating. These competitions can be open to Pokemon Trainers all over the world, or they can be set to only allow pre-approved Trainers to enter.

I think just a bog-standard tournament would be fine, either whatever OU is supposed to be nowadays or VGC-style (although the current format is kind of crazy, with primal pokemon and whatnot). Since we'll probably have more casual players, some sort of more niche format like little cup or monotype might be nice. But it would probably be best to start a thread in the wi-fi forum to discuss it, rather than talking here. XD

I think just a bog-standard tournament would be fine, either whatever OU is supposed to be nowadays or VGC-style (although the current format is kind of crazy, with primal pokemon and whatnot). Since we'll probably have more casual players, some sort of more niche format like little cup or monotype might be nice. But it would probably be best to start a thread in the wi-fi forum to discuss it, rather than talking here. XD

And so, here is my shameless plug-in link to the WiFi league in hopes that people will actually look at/respond to this!

Here's a link.

New forms for old pokemon? More awesome new pokemon? Something other than gym leaders? Z moves? NO MORE HAVING TO FILL PARTY SPACES WITH HM SLAVES?? YEAH RIGHT HERE

Everything is beautiful (lmao SUPER TALL DRAGON EXEGGUTOR) and I need that gorgeous PANTS MANTIS in my team *u*

Also, the starter evos and the chinese rumours that have been floating around for a while were kindasorta confirmed.

The starter evo image has a sketch with one of the characters from today's reveals. If I remember it right, the starter typings from the leak were grass/flying, fire/dark and water/fairy.

Sorry, Litten, I'll be picking Popplio instead if that's what we'll be getting :Y

WHA WHAAA HWA ????? WAUAAAHAHAH ???? WWHUWWAAAAA HAAAHA??? WUUHHAAAAA?????

ahem

wow they are really changing things up this time. the island challenge and totem pokemon look pretty different from the standard "go get the gym badges and battle the pokemon league" progression. i think... bear with me... game freak is actually changing up the formula??? WHUUUUUU???? AHUAHAHA???? AAAAAAAAA????

and those new alola forms are totally inspired by those pokemon variation posts on tumblr, you can't tell me they aren't

Back
Top Bottom