• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon Sun & Pokemon Moon

I think the trailer that introduced the starters and legendaries showed a battle where the character that was the opposite gender you picked had a starter strong against yours. So it's like some sort of reversal from the Sinnoh games. gen IV remakes confirmed

Pikipek is so ADORABLE, like omg

edit: just checked, and... that's prolly wrong, it looks like the girl protag is the player, and you're fighting against someone with Pokemon weak to your starter. Which I guess we know that's Hau then.

So totally disregard that point, I guess we really don't know who would have the starter strong against yours, or if someone even has that starter.

Last edited:
Battle Royals look fun, though I'm a bit annoyed they spelled it without the -e...
omG I swear that is going to be my huge peeve this generation. Clearly GF is fucking with me personally. "Hmm, 'form' doesn't look exotic enough, let's stick an 'e' on the end for no reason. Ooh, nice, there we go. But 'battle royale' is too generic, why don't we just chop that insightly 'e' off and make it our own."

Love the battle UI changes, helps to remove some of the pointless memorization element of battles. Don't care if they did it solely to make things easier for younger players, it helps out literally everyone who wants to do serious battling. New pokémon are nice, too; no runaway favorites out of that group, but I don't hate any of them, either.

Much though I prefer the look of the "royale" spelling, "battles royal" are actually a thing. It's not just GF being ~special~. I'm not sure why they didn't use "royale", though, because they have used it before in the Pokémon Rumble games. Maybe they wanted to be extra sure no one would confuse these with the Rumble battles? For some reason? ????

Last edited:
TOOT TOOT new pokemon have arrived!

I'm super hyped because FAB FISH and BEE FLY and GRANDPA DRAGON and everything is perfect

Fab fish apparently has an ability (Dazzling) that prevents priority attacks? Hope it has good stats because competitively speaking that's some Good Shit :D

The Grubbin evolutionary line has some fantastic designs. I noticed that the middle stage was like level 28 in the video, and that hypes me up.

I never thought a mosquito would be cute. Also, all of the designs look amazing.

Definitely my favorite set of reveals so far! Cutiefly and drampa are fantastic, and vikavolt looks super cool. Bruxish unsettles me, though. Those teeth! D:

Lots of Electric- and Fairy-types this time! I hope this means we'll have a large-ish regional Pokedex with lots of new biodiversity, instead of Kalos' whole "oh we're gonna give you a max of like two new fully evolved 'mons per type" schtick.

Charjabug is the cutest thing ever. I'm dead serious when I say this thing will probably stay on my team in its cocoon phase long after the point at which it becomes dead weight. Car battery bug is best bug.

Togedemaru is probably my favorite-looking Pikaclone since Plusle and Minun... the trope is still getting old, but this is a nice continuation of it. Getting an unusual(-ish) type combination doesn't hurt, either.

Unpopular opinion: Bruxish is gonna take me awhile to get used to. It looks to me more like some kind of nightmarish Lisa Frank parody than I'm comfortable with. I'll get used to it, just like I've gotten used to every other new Pokemon over the course of the decade-and-a-half-plus I've been in the fandom, but I'm getting as strong of "nope" vibes from this as I've ever gotten from a new Pokemon.

Tapu Koko is... interesting? Maybe slightly underwhelming? I was expecting the "guardian deity" Pokemon to be a little more imposing, but breaking that expectation is not a bad thing, just a surprising one. I'm really hoping these look fairly different from each other and aren't another Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf group.

Despite its ability I am pretty prejudiced against Bruxish right now because all the pink? and its eyes? it will take me a while to get used to

but. cutiefly. I need one

Tapu Koko is... interesting? Maybe slightly underwhelming? I was expecting the "guardian deity" Pokemon to be a little more imposing, but breaking that expectation is not a bad thing, just a surprising one. I'm really hoping these look fairly different from each other and aren't another Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf group.

Eh, I dunno, didn't they call tapu koko a "silly little thing" or "curious little thing" or something during the E3 video? I don't remember the exact wording, but if it were some kind of big, stately suicune-lookin' thing I would have expected phrasing more along the lines of "We will never fully understand the whims of Tapu Koko", not "oh look at the funny decisions it makes". Honestly I got the impression it would be even cutesier than it is. Definitely cool, though!

But, of course, the most important question is whether there will be a "dramma" to go along with drampa. Also will it bake me cookies.

Eh, I dunno, didn't they call tapu koko a "silly little thing" or "curious little thing" or something during the E3 video? I don't remember the exact wording, but if it were some kind of big, stately suicune-lookin' thing I would have expected phrasing more along the lines of "We will never fully understand the whims of Tapu Koko", not "oh look at the funny decisions it makes". Honestly I got the impression it would be even cutesier than it is. Definitely cool, though!

Ohhhhhhh I didn't catch that line of dialogue! Makes sense, then!

Vikavolt is totally rad, Drampa is totally rad, and Cutiefly's so ADORABLE omg

I'm really digging all of these 'mons, especially Togedemaru. i'm naming one Sonichu and no one can stop me

Serebii's website says that Iwanko and Nekkoala's English names are Rockruff and Komala.

I'm... not sure if I get the pun involving Komala. Is it supposed to be a mashup of coma + koala? :O

Probably!

Meanwhile charjabug has the best cry and cutiefly is basically a tiny lucario friend (for some reason????) and life is wonderful.

Tapu Koko's name is two words. This just stuck out at me for some reason. Different! Mr. Mime and Mime Jr. are two words but that kinda makes sense, you know? It's not two words for the sake of two words.

Lots of these things look pretty neat.

Alright I'll take these guys in order:

Tapu Koko looks pretty great! I really like its new ability and move, but honestly, I'm really excited for the guardian aspect of it. I assume there's a guardian for each island, and ive always been partial to legendary trios.

Charjabug and Vikavolt look pretty cool, and I'm glad they're straying away from the early game Bug or Bug/Flying or anything else, but I find it pretty hard to believe that Grubbin evolves into Charjabug.

Drampa is also really cool in my opinion, because it looks so wacky to be a dragon, and there's never been a Normal/Dragon type, so I'm really liking it.

Cutiefly and Togedemaru don't really strike me as anything special; Cutiefly because it looks like a regular early-game basic-stage pokemon, and Togedemaru because it's a Pikachu clone.

I saved Bruxish for last because even though I'm not partial to it, it reminded me of something: Once, when I was in second grade, I decided to make my own starter trio, complete with names, types, and it's evolutionary family. Well, they weren't great: I forgot what the Grass one was (i think it was a tree (It evolved into a Grass/Dark type)), and the Fire one (which later became Fire/Fighting) was just a flame with fists and a face. But the water one was an entrancing fish with bright spots all over its body that later became water/psychic. So when I saw Bruxish, I immediately thought of that. It's kinda scary how similar the two are on reflection...

I also have a theory regarding the info on Zygarde and it's new forms... but I'll save that for later.

Back
Top Bottom