• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokkén Tournament Choice Mafia - Game Thread

Re: Pokkén Tournament Choice Mafia - Game Thread

I know that at least my role has an action that I can spend one synergy point to use (in addition to other actions that require more synergy points, and which I haven't had a chance to use yet since I got my only synergy point last night). It's possible that, for example, Flora has such an action in addition to her free action, and used that night 1 after getting a synergy point with her free action night 0? That would remove the inconsistency, right?

I know that at least my role has an action that I can spend one synergy point to use (in addition to other actions that require more synergy points, and which I haven't had a chance to use yet since I got my only synergy point last night). It's possible that, for example, Flora has such an action in addition to her free action, and used that night 1 after getting a synergy point with her free action night 0? That would remove the inconsistency, right?

It would, but she said nothing about using such an action. Also, my cheapest non-free action takes 2 points, so I didn't realize anybody had 1-point actions.

I'll retract my vote for now, but I do really think a lynch is more in our interest than another abstain.

I'm gonna guess that Music Dragon is an alien or alien-like role, since his wild finger-pointing yesterday and his refusal to cooperate with our plan today just reeks of trying to get lynched. Scum, please get rid of him tonight — it's in your best interest, since an alien win is good for neither town nor scum.
Bah! Alien this, alien that. I simply believe that revealing who I've been targeting is not in our best interests at this point in time (though I'm sure you could make an educated guess). I'll tell you this much though: my Synergy totals are consistent with what you've calculated, so presumably no one's lied about targeting me.

Besides, if I really were an alien, I wouldn't have you suspect that of me so soon, nyehehe!

Yea, I'm at three. I guess being clear and precise is too high a cost move for me to use. Oh well.

Time for confirmation:

First off Jack, YES, I have targeted Faorzia both nights. However as I said before, I can not switch targets, so I targeted Faorzia on N0, N1, and if I choose to, I will have to target her tonight as well. The move I used to target her was a free move that requires 0 synergy, and it does nothing except target the same person you chose when you first used the move each time you use it, unless I use a separate move which allows me to switch targets. But that costs a pretty steep amount of synergy to use, so until I can get my synergy gauge any higher, I will either keep using my free move, or I will use nothing at all. And finally, this is all true. All of it.

Anything else?

I have a point :D

To clear up what I said at the beginning of this day phase, I gained a point- so my current total is two. My cheapest action is also two points, so I haven't been able to target anyone as of yet.

I'm actually curious as to others' lowest synergy costs, now

Ah! That clears that up.

Since Superbird and Music Dragon have also confirmed that their Synergy totals match my hypothesis, that just leaves Negrek and Kratos Aurion who haven't followed up.

I have four. If no one else is lying, I assume one of VM, MD or Butterfree targeted me on night one.

Honestly, though, I am a little nervous about revealing synergy totals. It's part of why I didn't say anything sooner. I guess there are situations in which it could help solve discrepancies, but going forward I'd rather be careful about advertising having a lot of points—it might direct the mafia toward people who look like they're about to be able to do something big, yeah?

Boy howdy I'm late.

24-hour time extension.

I'm down with that.

Abstain

This time, the Ferrum battlers managed to sit down and have a mostly civile discussion of their situation and the current events. They made much progress, although their leads ultimately ran dry and they could arrive at no conclusions that everyone -- or at least most people -- could agree with.

Still, with different suspicions rising in each individual, the approaching nightfall promises to be eventful, for better or for worse...

No one was lynched.

72 hours for night actions.

When the oft-meeting brawlers reconvened, it was again in a nostalgic location -- the training dojo. Most of them were utterly astonished to find that there was not, in fact, a facility in which they could strengthen their deduction and debate skills. Bereft of the opportunity to perhaps deadlift some premises, they settled on striving to improve themselves as their present situation allowed.

And yet, as if to answer this concern, came along the perfect opportunity to take on the new challenges with kid gloves. For once, the morning's roll call saw no faces missing from the list -- aside, perhaps, from one or two on the list who were a little too engrossed in their dojo exercises to pay attention to this boring stuff. But this fortune was not necessarily a result fate taking a sudden turn for the merciful, thus leaving mysteries to be solved still.

The matter that stood out is that the Speed Training Dojo had been all but totaled sometime between dusk and dawn; every single mat was out place, many having been blown into the walls and ceiling, and the hard floor below had taken its toll just as well. Still, considering the vigor with which trainees ocasionally approach their bettering, who can know whether this was truly foul play?

No one has died.

72 hours for discussion.

So I now have 5 synergy points, and a support pokemon, so I don't know what to think.

What!? No deaths tonight!? That's not supposed to - well, I mean, it's good, it's good, ehehe! Just... just unexpected, that's all.

Hmm.

... But what does that mean? There's no reason the mafia would forgo their kill, so I guess someone must have stopped them. If that's the case, whoever prevented the kill is probably sitting on a lot of information right now: either they targeted the killer and blocked their power, or they targeted the would-be victim and kept them safe! Either way, that tells us a lot.

I suppose a third possibility is that the kill was prevented by some sort of global power, in which case you wouldn't learn anything. Hmm!

So I now have 5 synergy points, and a support pokemon, so I don't know what to think.

I have to wonder if you're the first to get one (assuming you're not lying). Like is it a synergy-based role or someone's basic role and if it's the former if they had a reason for picking you

idk just brainstorming

Yo, sorry for completely disappearing last day phase. I still haven't caught up and probably won't participate "today" at all, either. Should be back next day assuming I don't die.

Back
Top Bottom