• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Post Count & Forum Games

Do you care whether the Forum Games' forum counts toward your total post count?

• I want it to count.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I don't want it to count.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 19 61.3%

• Total voters
Unless I'm missing something crucial, being able to decide what you see in someone's postcount sounds like a decent solution to the problem. The actual postcount would remain the default option (as in the exact number of posts that you actually have, you know), but the other people who really hate forum games/the coughing cupboard/ASB/whatever could just turn off that forum from postcount. Meanwhile, the people who don't care about postcount/just want it to be an accurate measurement of posts could keep it as it is.

I'd imagine it would work similarly to hiding a forum (if hiding a forum already does that... sorry, I don't hide any of the boards here).

If this is impossible or doesn't make sense or something, sorry again; I just figured it would be a way to end all the threads that have come up about forum games.

pretty sure postcounts are usually updated every time a post is made rather than actually being counted every time -- that would be inefficient.

Counting posts is for counting posts. Wow. I really don't want to be mean or something, but that's a really stupid argument.
wait, what? Why is it a stupid argument? That's what postcount actually does. It's a number that counts how many posts you've made. That's why it's called 'postcount'. Just because you seem to attach significance to counting posts, it doesn't mean other people do.

I still think it's better to use the post count feature for the gain of those who judge people based on post count rather for some statistical-people's amusement. But it's an opinion. Just please don't say "counting posts is for counting posts" again. I really don't like it. Thanks.
but you've said before that you don't really agree with this mindset. ??? I don't really get how your justification for postcount is that other people judge members based on it when you personally don't think that's a very good thing to do. Besides, I'm pretty sure members are more likely to be judged by their signatures/avatars/usertitles etc., if not their posts.

and yet, mysteriously you're still asking what postcount means and what the purpose is of counting posts without really giving your opinion. mostly people are saying that it doesn't inherently mean anything, but you seem to disagree. What do you think it means? and don't start off with 'well other people ...'; I am asking you what significance postcount has to you, because you seem to be dodging this question.

postcount counts posts. it is a post-count, get it? counting posts is what it's for.

it's not a notinforumgamespostcount. it's not a meaningfulpostcount. it's a postcount. it counts posts. that is, it is what it is. it is not, notably, something it isn't.

thing a is thing a is logically tautological, perhaps. if thing a were allowed to be thing a, it would not be particularly notable, since thing a is expected to be thing a. but if one means thing b when one says thing a, where thing b is not necessarily thing a, then that is at least slightly annoying.

"Counting posts is for counting posts" means that counting posts is intended to count posts.

Why is this ever an issue? Post count isn't ever supposed to be a metric of quality. It's a measure of quantity. For some reason, forums tend to show some indicator of rank based on post count. It's meaningless. No one really cares if you're a Metapod or a Butterfree or whatever (past versions of this forum had other ranks, such as Charizard and Flygon, but we don't care if you're one of those either).

Don't speak for other people. You don't care. Others do. (For the record, I don't care either. But I know I'm subtly influenced by it and I'm also speaking up for those who do care because I know they'll be bashed by those who don't.)

It gives some impression of seniority because that's really the only way to express experience (not importance or rank) on a forum. Forums exist to be posted on, so the more you post on a forum, the more well known you are and the more you experience that forum. The ones with the most posts are, therefore, the ones who are the most active, because that is what that particular metric is meant to gauge. It says nothing about quality of those posts, only that those posts exist.

Your opinion. Others' differ.

There is a forum feature called "reputation" or "karma" that's supposed to be a metric of post quality (sort of like upvotes on reddit, if you're familiar with reddit), but it's not enabled on this forum for various reasons I don't care to research right now.

No idea what that is, and doesn't sound like it's worth the effort.

Well, sorry for inciting another "Forum Games" incident. =/

Yes, post counts can influence people, and they are something of an indicator of how active the person is or has been on the forums (whereas join dates tell you only how long it's been since they joined, with no indication of how much they've contributed). However, post count is so inherently unable to measure the worth of a member's contributions that excluding forum games would be a really futile effort. It's kind of like putting a saddle on a wild lion: even if the saddle technically improves your chances of being able to ride it, the fact it's a lion still makes that impossible, so why don't you just let it be a lion and not bother with the saddle? Post count will always be unable to distinguish between a member who makes long, thought-out posts in Serious Business and a member who posts a one-liner answer to a bunch of polls in Miscellaneous Discussion or General Pokémon Discussion, so why go to lengths to let it discriminate against people who just play a bunch of forum games?

For the part about post counts not being a good measure; I agree with you, others don't. Again, it's an opinion.

For the other part; I am assuming the discrimination against Forum Games players is that people think they are trying to earn posts to earn fame/respect/whatever. Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, if that's the case, you can't just magically remove the discrimination; you can try and weaken it, because the people who judge Forum Game posters will feel less hostile towards the Forum Game posters if Forum Games has its posts discounted from the post count since the Forum Games poster's perceived goal (from the discriminators) isn't reached.

Did I make sense there?

We used to have post count off in forum games, actually, several years ago. Then people made threads going "LOL BUTTERFREE IS THE SILLIEST ADMIN, DON'T YOU REALIZE THAT POST COUNT IS FOR COUNTING POSTS? ALSO REMOVE FORUM GAMES BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE IT AND ALSO I LOVE STOMPING ON CHILDREN'S SANDCASTLES." And I turned post count back on in forum games because I don't actually give a damn whether posts count in forum games and just wanted them to stop complaining. But the reasoning for that side of the matter is ultimately what I described above.

I personally believe that it is the best to take the correct course of action rather than the action that stops people complaining. But you do have a lot on your hands, so I guess it's an acceptable measure. Still, it is obvious the people are complaining aren't subject to reasoning if they actually spoke about sandcastles and stuff.

As for post count counting posts; well, isn't the signature a "signature"? Why don't we ban links to other sites! That's not part of a signature at all!

Point is, things don't have to follow their name in order to be effective and have a purpose.

Also, you can make analogies involving genitalia even when they're not strictly necessary because they're often more amusing than their cleaner counterparts. I enjoy Music Dragon's strange analogies; from my previous impressions, many other members do too. One person not liking to hear about penises doesn't really counteract that, I think.

Well, I don't enjoy it, so I request to not to analogies involving genitalia. He doesn't have to comply to my request, but I'd appreciate it more if he did.

And some whining here; I don't really have the time for amusements when I'm trying to answer a question I deem absurd.

I don't get it, why are you so intent on encouraging weird pointless judgements?? You're even calling it 'judging'!

Ugh, the "judging" is not as bad as you make it out to be. And as to why I'm arguing for something I don't support, read my first response.

Okay, for starters: who actually judges people based on post count? Can you point to some sort of vague evidence that this is the case?

Secondly: even if there were loads of people who judge based on post count, the proper way to handle that should be to attempt to change their minds, not adapt to their prejudices, as I explained earlier.

Polymetric Sesquialtera's early post clearly demonstrates that the post count is of some, if not a lot of, positive value. Other people have responded as well.

Go ahead and attempt to change their minds then. I don't think you will succeed. If you do, I won't mind having posts in Forum Games counting. But chances are you won't. The problem is the phrase "adapting to prejudices" is just too negative; judging people based on post count is not a big deal.

From an objective point of view, there is no such thing as purpose. Purpose is subjective. Purpose is arbitrary. Why are you discussing this with me? Why are you on these forums? Why do these forums even exist? What purpose does any of this serve? Why have fun? What is the purpose of fun?

We're human. We have emotions. We are subjective. Our methods should be subjective. If you are so keen on being objective, why don't you just do nothing since nothing has purposes? And you're wrong, because even objectively things have purpose. For instance, humans eat food, and the purpose of eating food is to stay alive. That's an objective sentence that demonstrates the purpose of something.

What is the purpose of these questions?

I don't know. You asked them. Why did you ask them? Please tell me.

We didn't put it there, it was here when we arrived and we just didn't bother getting rid of it. And anyway, I'm still not buying your "everything must have a reason" argument.

If a "thing" doesn't have a reason, why have it? That's not a rhetorical question, I'm expecting an answer.

Post count has the express purpose of counting posts. And anyway, what is the purpose of portraying personality, linking to other websites and conducting social experiments?

...What do you think? This is getting ridiculous. Fine, linking to websites like DragCave will ensure the users' dragons survive (or something, I'm not familiar with the site) and therefore they can derive mental satisfaction.

I'm seriously considering ignoring your posts altogether. I really don't mean any offense, but these questions seem absurd to me.

This is probably the best argument you've made so far. Nevertheless, I highly doubt post count will ever be a meaningful indicator of anything other than post count; trying to turn it into one is futile as far as I'm concerned. Your proposed change would still not make post count a valid way to judge a person's merit as a poster.

It's not futile; there are people who agree with me.

And it would not to you; it would to some people. Otherwise they wouldn't use it. Yes, other people matter.

I enjoy discussing male genitals with strangers. It's what I do during spare hours, when I'm not using my vacuum cleaner to -

Okay, I just don't like it. I request that you do not use such analogies when discussing anything with me, unless it is directly related. Thank you.

Murder is worse than violating copyright laws, but is that a justification for breaking copyright laws? If I commit a crime, can I just say "well it could have been a worse crime" and somehow use that as an excuse? Obviously not. In the same way, judging a person based on their post count is not a good thing, regardless of how it compares to sexism or manslaughter.

Judging someone based on post count is far less serious than violating copyright laws. There will not be a rule of any sort that restricts judging people based on post count (well, from my deduction that the forum owners are competent enough to avoid such things). Judging someone based on post count is not as bad as you make it out to be. And since you cannot remove the behaviour, you might as well adapt to it.

I really needed to emphasise that.

I used sexism as an example to illustrate my point; it wasn't an inherent part of the argument. I could just as easily have used an example involving male genitals and vacuum cleaners, but I decided against it because I thought it would upset you. My actual argument is simply this: in the face of prejudice, the proper reaction is not to accept that prejudice as set in stone and then try to adapt reality to it, but rather to combat it.

It still was a part of the argument and if you are to use it I should be able to too. It is very unfair if you are allowed to point out sexism when I am not.

Blah, we're repeating ourselves. Combat it. If unsuccessful, adapt to it, since it's not remotely a serious issue.

In any case, your counter-argument still isn't valid for reasons explained above; sexism is bad, but that doesn't make other things good. How sexism compares to the issue at hand is completely irrelevant. I could just as easily say that first-world sexism is a minor issue compared to human rights violations in Syria, but does that somehow make sexism acceptable?

No. This is entirely of a different magnitude. Is judging people based on post count causing any problems? Repeating myself again. Ugh.

Give me an example of something that has a meaningful purpose, then.

Look at my response which involves eating food.

And while "counting posts is for counting posts" is true, it makes a terrible argument because anyone with basic grasp of the English language can infer that.

Some people enjoy being able to count the number of posts they've made. That's good enough. What is it with you and points, anyway? What kind of higher purpose is it that you believe in? There is no point in having fun or loving other people or being alive or posting on the internet, but we do it anyway because screw points, and screw vacuum cleaners.

Everything has a point. You just said that my best argument was about utilising things that aren't utilised properly. That was to make them have a point.

What is with you and your insistence on pointless things? I don't get why you want pointless things. What benefit do you get? Why have things when they don't have a point?

It's already there, some people enjoy it, and it causes no harm.

We could make it cause more good than it is currently.

What is the purpose of logical arguments?

... This is just so frustrating because you think things that have no points should be kept, even if they have no points. And... why are you asking what is the purpose of logical arguments? Will you have a problem if I start presenting you with illogical arguments? Because I will do that exclusively to you from now on in this thread if you don't think logical arguments have a purpose.

I like debating, though. So that kind of balances the frustration out.

The last time I remember one of these threads cropping up, I think I was still in the "Forum Games should go" squad, but I've pretty much settled down from my angry-at-everything hipster-nerd phase, and, hey, turns out Butterfree's making a lot of sense. Sure, I think Forum Games is a bunch of noise, personally, but some people are having fun, and I remember having lots of fun there when I was thirteen–fourteen, so I can just hide it and move on.

I do agree Butterfree's post makes sense (and most others), but I still think my posts make more sense. (Otherwise I wouldn't be using up two hours to make this post in favour of removing Forum Games' post count, duh.) Music Dragon's views make no sense to me, however. Just me being me.

On postcount counting posts, I do like having that statistic (plus the average posts per day) and it's not just for the pure thrill of numbers or anything. I like seeing how often someone... posts. Uh. How often someone, like, actually takes part in the forums, I guess, how active they are, how frequent a thing it is in their lives. Separate from what they actually tend to post, especially since that's way more complicated.

Hmm... wouldn't it be a more accurate measure of how much someone posts when the type of posts is restricted to a more narrow range?

What's your opinion on palm reading?

This is the problem I have with your posts. You're clearly intelligent enough to know that Zero Moment meant he judges people based on post count, but for whatever reason, you ignore it.

It seems to me you're not really judging the expected quality of anyone's posts by their post count.

Does it matter? It's still judging people, even if it's not their quality of post but what type of people they are (forum-wise).

Unless I'm missing something crucial, being able to decide what you see in someone's postcount sounds like a decent solution to the problem. The actual postcount would remain the default option (as in the exact number of posts that you actually have, you know), but the other people who really hate forum games/the coughing cupboard/ASB/whatever could just turn off that forum from postcount. Meanwhile, the people who don't care about postcount/just want it to be an accurate measurement of posts could keep it as it is.

I'd imagine it would work similarly to hiding a forum (if hiding a forum already does that... sorry, I don't hide any of the boards here).

If this is impossible or doesn't make sense or something, sorry again; I just figured it would be a way to end all the threads that have come up about forum games.

Hey, that is actually quite a good idea. That ways we can suit everyone's taste. I think there might be technical problems with it, though...

wait, what? Why is it a stupid argument? That's what postcount actually does. It's a number that counts how many posts you've made. That's why it's called 'postcount'. Just because you seem to attach significance to counting posts, it doesn't mean other people do.

Hm, just wondering, why don't you capitalise the first letter of paragraphs?

And yes, I don't deny that that is what it actually does. My point is that it's so blatantly obvious it doesn't need stating. And even though it does answer my question I'm sure he is intelligent enough to know I wasn't looking for that. (That or our values are way too different to have a proper argument.)

but you've said before that you don't really agree with this mindset. ??? I don't really get how your justification for postcount is that other people judge members based on it when you personally don't think that's a very good thing to do. Besides, I'm pretty sure members are more likely to be judged by their signatures/avatars/usertitles etc., if not their posts.

You're right; I don't agree with judging people based on post count. However, I subconsciously do it, and I believe many people subconsciously do it without meaning to. Read my first reply as to why I'm trying to argue for a side I'm not fully on.

Well, as Zero Moment says, post count is quite important in his "judging system", and I'm sure it would be in others. It is true that a picture or even words would mean more than a number, but the number still has quite a significant impact on people's minds.

and yet, mysteriously you're still asking what postcount means and what the purpose is of counting posts without really giving your opinion. mostly people are saying that it doesn't inherently mean anything, but you seem to disagree. What do you think it means? and don't start off with 'well other people ...'; I am asking you what significance postcount has to you, because you seem to be dodging this question.

I apologise for not giving my opinion earlier. I believe I have clarified it in my post.

Well other people... *slapped* Okay, what post count means to me as an individual. I can judge how much the person posts, and coupled with other factors I can decide how active he/she is. But with Forum Games' posts counting it becomes much more inaccurate a users with 2000 posts could either be a person who posts in Forum Games a lot, or a consistent participant in discussions. And I also subtly think that people with more posts are more mature, but I don't want to. It's reflexive, though, so I don't really have a choice.

I didn't want to dodge the question; just seems like I never got around to physically answering it.

I'm sensing you're one of the people I might get frustrated with as well, but I'm not really certain. Different values again -.- (because if I saw someone criticising someone else for saying "x is x" I'd be on their side, at least most of the time).

postcount counts posts. it is a post-count, get it? counting posts is what it's for.

And you're on the people-I-might-get-frustrated-at list as well. I just don't agree with the mentality that something should be there if t doesn't serve a purpose.

it's not a notinforumgamespostcount. it's not a meaningfulpostcount. it's a postcount. it counts posts. that is, it is what it is. it is not, notably, something it isn't.

I've said why names aren't everything. Here, I'm copying from my own post:

As for post count counting posts; well, isn't the signature a "signature"? Why don't we ban links to other sites! That's not part of a signature at all!

Point is, things don't have to follow their name in order to be effective and have a purpose.

thing a is thing a is logically tautological, perhaps. if thing a were allowed to be thing a, it would not be particularly notable, since thing a is expected to be thing a. but if one means thing b when one says thing a, where thing b is not necessarily thing a, then that is at least slightly annoying.

I checked the dictionary for tautological, and I'm pretty sure of what it means. But still, it just seems like a stupid argument which was used since he had no other explanation to give. Well, it seems like that to me.

"Counting posts is for counting posts" means that counting posts is intended to count posts.

That statement is correct. That does not mean that statement makes a good argument.

Any possible insults at any individual are unintended, and if you feel offended please address what caused it and I will edit it and attempt to avoid it in the future.

I am also not going to respond to everyone that is somewhat opposing me in the future, because many people's posts makes me repeat myself and I need more time to do other stuff.

EDIT: Right after I posted this the forum went down for 3 hours. Sorry x:

Last edited:
Hmm... wouldn't it be a more accurate measure of how much someone posts when the type of posts is restricted to a more narrow range?
See, this is the part of your argument that really doesn't make sense to me. People who post a lot in Forum Games are posting a lot. They are very active, and they are probably fairly well-known on the forums, at least among the people who frequent the same categories they do. For every measure you can sensibly deduce from post count (of which length or thoughtfulness of posts is not one and never will be), people who post a lot in Forum Games genuinely do rank highly. You would get an inaccurate picture of how active and prominent a member is overall if posts in Forum Games were excluded. And because post count has exactly nothing to do with the quality of your posts even outside of Forum Games, post count could never become a remotely accurate way to gauge that even if we did exclude Forum Games. On the whole, snap judgements based on post counts are likely more accurate if Forum Games are included, because then at least the measure of activity and prominence are correct, even if the ludicrously inaccurate measure of post quality they shouldn't be deducing from there anyway become ever so slightly more ludicrously inaccurate.

I personally believe that it is the best to take the correct course of action rather than the action that stops people complaining. But you do have a lot on your hands, so I guess it's an acceptable measure.
The thing is I don't think there is a "correct course of action" inherent to the matter. The whole issue is silly and I don't see why anyone really cares exactly what post count is counting, except in that vague kind of "Hey, I like statistics for statistics' sake" way. The correct course of action when there isn't a definitive right thing to do is whatever makes the largest number of people happy. Hence, doing whatever people complain less about.

I actually find pretty striking here that you care so much. Why is it so vastly important to you that the inevitably inaccurate snap judgements people make about other people shouldn't include posts in Forum Games that you'll persist in arguing it even in the face of most people including the administrator disagreeing? If this were a genuine moral issue and you were standing up for something you perceive as the right thing, yeah, you should definitely not let it deter you no matter who disagrees, but a suggestion as trivial as "let's not include this forum in the post count" has no reason to inspire that kind of passion, especially when you agree that post count is never going to be a decent measure of post quality and have yourself argued in response to Music Dragon that people judging each other based on post count isn't a big deal. It makes no sense for you to be arguing this so fiercely purely on the principle you claim to be defending (making premature subconscious inherently inaccurate snap judgements about people's post thoughtfulness by other people who have yet to get to know them at all maybe a teensy-weensy bit more accurate on a rough average).

What it sounds like to me, and I'm sorry to be jumping to conclusions about you but you're making it difficult not to, is that you yourself are just feeling kind of insecure and intimidated as a new member, want to gain some respect on the forums, and feel like when other people are racking up enormous post counts through posting in Forum Games, people are unfairly going to pay more attention to them than to you even though you've been expending far more effort making good posts than them.

And yeah, I'm sure many people have felt like that - I've felt like that when registering on forums when I was fourteen or fifteen - but the thing is that people judge you incorrectly on irrelevant features every day, and that's just something you have to deal with. People may judge you if your post count is low, but they may also judge you if you don't have an avatar, or based on your username or signature, or the fact you use the phrase "sugar high" in your signature, or the fact you have a tumblr. And those judgements can be totally inaccurate. But when people read your posts and see you around in discussions, they'll see for themselves how much thought you put into your posts. You don't need to be so concerned with those initial snap judgements people might make; instead, focus on how you come across when people start to form an actual impression of who you are.

Making long, well-thought-out posts actually puts you at a disadvantage postcount-wise, because in the time that it takes you to write one post, somebody else could have made ten insignificant posts in random polls in Miscellaneous or Insanity - and that fact will remain even if we exclude Forum Games from the post count. Some people may try to judge post quality from post count anyway, but that judgement is never going to be correct no matter what forums we choose to exclude. If you make well-thought-out posts, people are going to see that you make well-thought-out posts, even if your post count is low.

For the other part; I am assuming the discrimination against Forum Games players is that people think they are trying to earn posts to earn fame/respect/whatever. Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, if that's the case, you can't just magically remove the discrimination; you can try and weaken it, because the people who judge Forum Game posters will feel less hostile towards the Forum Game posters if Forum Games has its posts discounted from the post count since the Forum Games poster's perceived goal (from the discriminators) isn't reached.

Did I make sense there?
I think you misunderstood me; I wasn't talking about people being hostile towards people who post in Forum Games. I was asking what the point of having post count discriminate against posts in forum games (by not counting them) is, given post count can't discriminate between useful, high-quality posts and spammy one-liners anywhere else anyway. Hence the lion analogy: why bother trying to put a saddle on the lion when you're not going to be able to ride it either way?

Still, it is obvious the people are complaining aren't subject to reasoning if they actually spoke about sandcastles and stuff.
That was a fanciful exaggeration expressing my annoyance with people thinking they have a right to destroy something other people enjoy (whether it's Forum Games or sandcastles) just because they themselves don't care for it.

Last edited:
Don't speak for other people. You don't care. Others do. (For the record, I don't care either. But I know I'm subtly influenced by it and I'm also speaking up for those who do care because I know they'll be bashed by those who don't.)
Who exactly are you talking about, and why would they be bashed for it? Nobody is flaming anybody (and if they were, they'd be told off for it). Yes, people probably have different ideas. They can speak up if they want to. There is zero point arguing for something that you're not actually invested in yourself. It's not as though anybody is being oppressed that you need to stick up for to maintain a fair discussion.

Your opinion. Others' differ.
and please, please stop responding to people with 'that's just your opinion' as though it invalidates what they're saying. everything that has been said here is someone's opinion, including everything you've said. That's kind of a given. If someone says 'well postcount is this!' then they're giving their opinion, whether they add 'in my opinion' or not.

Hm, just wondering, why don't you capitalise the first letter of paragraphs?
because I find capitalisation arbitrary for the most part but my university career demands that I write long essays where I have to capitalise things; this somehow results in paragraphs on this forum where the beginnings of sentences are more or less capitalised at random. it's a habit I'm not particularly pleased with, but as I'm pretty lazy and I don't think it hinders communication, I usually just leave them.

And yes, I don't deny that that is what it actually does. My point is that it's so blatantly obvious it doesn't need stating. And even though it does answer my question I'm sure he is intelligent enough to know I wasn't looking for that. (That or our values are way too different to have a proper argument.)
Well, you asked what counting posts meant to him, and all it means to him is a statistic that doesn't mean anything. There's really nothing more to be inferred from it. That doesn't make what he's saying invalid.
You're right; I don't agree with judging people based on post count. However, I subconsciously do it, and I believe many people subconsciously do it without meaning to. [...] Well, as Zero Moment says, post count is quite important in his "judging system", and I'm sure it would be in others. It is true that a picture or even words would mean more than a number, but the number still has quite a significant impact on people's minds.
You keep going on how postcount has a significant relationship with how people perceive other members even when they expressedly don't care about postcount. What are you basing this on? I'm not denying that people judge by postcount, but you can't keep saying that it "has quite a significant impact on people's minds." You don't know that it does, and you can't speak for 'people' so generally like that. Yes, we've established that people do care about postcount, and you do even though you'd rather not - but I kind of resent being told that postcount has this big, vague effect on me when I forgot it existed until I viewed this thread. You don't have anything to back this up other than your own experiences, which are going to be different from everyone else's.

I'm sensing you're one of the people I might get frustrated with as well, but I'm not really certain. Different values again -.- (because if I saw someone criticising someone else for saying "x is x" I'd be on their side, at least most of the time).
but I don't really get what you're upset with, exactly. postcount means nothing to me. it counts posts. what I'm saying is probably tautological, but it illustrates what little significance I place on postcount.

Do we really need age counts of users? What purpose do they really serve? Do they really count member's actual age or could they be manipulated? Do we really need to know? How about exclamation point counts, to show how excited members are about their posts? :D

Post count here, counts posts. Post count here doesn't count quality posts. And just by ignoring posts on certain forums doesn't make those posts not quality or vice versa. It can be used to get an idea of how active a member is or if they've had a dip in activity. Adding clauses to what makes a post beyond it being a post seems silly. Or getting rid of it entirely seems silly, too. I don't really care, but ah well.

Last edited:
This is only tangentially related, but on another forum I've been on for a short time (personalitycafe for the curious), members had the option to "thank" a post that made a really good point, was relevant to them or the topic, or that they appreciated for some reason or another. Below a post that had been thanked was a list of members who thanked it. The number of thanked posts a person had was listed below their post count.

If people really care about how many "meaningful" posts people make, would it be possible to implement something like that?

I'm not really sure how successful it would be, and I have a feeling that it might just go down the path that reputation did so many years ago, but since we always retread the same ground with the topic of post count, I thought I'd throw another option out there. It wasn't even thought about on personalitycafe, people just did it, then again I think everybody on there was a lot older and I never, ever saw a thread about post count, ever

edit: big ol bold text to make sure people actually see this amongst the overblown argument (that I swear has happened five times before why are we still on it)

Last edited:
Polymetric Sesquialtera's early post clearly demonstrates that the post count is of some, if not a lot of, positive value. Other people have responded as well.
Yeah, some people like post count, I don't dispute that. But few people seem to judge post quality based on post count, and those that do seem aware that it's not a particularly good thing to do. In any case, the presence of such attitudes is no reason to accommodate them.

Go ahead and attempt to change their minds then. I don't think you will succeed. If you do, I won't mind having posts in Forum Games counting. But chances are you won't. The problem is the phrase "adapting to prejudices" is just too negative; judging people based on post count is not a big deal.
What do you mean, it's too negative? "Judging post quality based on post count is not as bad as [insert other issue here]" is not a valid argument. How a particular issue compares in severity to another issue isn't really relevant here. I'm perfectly aware that this is a minor issue compared to sexism, but does that make it a good thing, something we should be defending and promoting?

You wouldn't defend sexism on the grounds that "you likely won't be able to change everyone's minds", so by the same reasoning, you also shouldn't be defending this particular prejudice; the exact same logic applies, regardless of how severe the issue in question is. Both in the case of sexism and the case of judging post quality based on post count, you're making fairly baseless assumptions about other people's qualities; the extent to which this causes actual harm is unimportant, because the nature of the behavior is the same.

And if it's not a big deal, why are you proposing a change?

We're human. We have emotions. We are subjective. Our methods should be subjective. If you are so keen on being objective, why don't you just do nothing since nothing has purposes?
No, I'm trying to say the exact opposite; we should not try to be objective, precisely because we're human and have emotions and nothing really has purpose anyway; and, therefore, it doesn't matter if post count has a purpose or not, because we're humans and we don't need a good reason to do things. We do things because we enjoy them, and we don't have to explain why we enjoy things or what the purpose of enjoying things is. If people want to keep track of the number of posts they've made, there's no harm in letting them. Post count doesn't have to serve a purpose, it can just be something people like; that's all the justification needed.

And you're wrong, because even objectively things have purpose. For instance, humans eat food, and the purpose of eating food is to stay alive. That's an objective sentence that demonstrates the purpose of something.
Right, but what, then, is the purpose of staying alive? The meaningfulness of eating is dependent on the meaningfulness of staying alive. My point is that ultimately, you can just say "but why, what is the meaning of that?" to literally anything; at some point you have to just stop and say, "I arbitrarily define this to be meaningful, for no reason at all". Ultimately you don't need any justifications or reasons or purposes; humans do things because they like doing them, and you can't explain what the purpose of doing what we like is - it's just what we do.

I don't know. You asked them. Why did you ask them? Please tell me.
I'm trying to figure out your post count.

If a "thing" doesn't have a reason, why have it? That's not a rhetorical question, I'm expecting an answer.
Because that's what we humans do! We have things not because there's a logical reason for having them, but because humans like having certain things. What purpose do cars serve? Getting from one place to another conveniently, sure, but what's the purpose of transportation then? In the end, there is no logical reason for us to do things or live or exist; we do what we do because we are governed by feelings more than by reason.

...What do you think? This is getting ridiculous. Fine, linking to websites like DragCave will ensure the users' dragons survive (or something, I'm not familiar with the site) and therefore they can derive mental satisfaction.
Right, but what is the purpose of mental satisfaction? There is none, but we look for it anyway! You see where I'm going with this? Post count needs no purpose and it doesn't need to be useful, because what is "useful" anyway? Some people enjoy having it and it doesn't intrude upon anyone else; that's good enough.

I'm seriously considering ignoring your posts altogether. I really don't mean any offense, but these questions seem absurd to me.
Running from the Absurd is escapism! Only in facing the Absurd and challenging it while simultaneously accepting it as impossible to defeat can one find true contentment! Sisyphus must be happy. Happy, damn it! Happy!

It's not futile; there are people who agree with me.
... There are people who agree with you that post count could be turned into a useful measure of post quality? Even if that were true, didn't you yourself say that you disagreed with that?

And it would not to you; it would to some people. Otherwise they wouldn't use it. Yes, other people matter.
Yeah yeah, everyone's entitled to their opinion, I get it. But I've already considered the idea of using post count as a measure of post quality and dismissed it as ridiculous; my goal is not to help propagate an idea I find ridiculous, no matter how many people hold that idea. Little progress would have been made in society if minorities weren't justified in trying to sway the minds of people who hold irrational prejudices. And yes, I used the word "prejudice" again. Feel free to propose a less negative word that nevertheless describes "any preconceived opinion or feeling, either favorable or unfavorable".

Okay, I just don't like it. I request that you do not use such analogies when discussing anything with me, unless it is directly related. Thank you.
Yeah, fair enough, it was getting old already. You would nevertheless do well to keep in mind that my far-fetched analogies are of great comedic value, as is evident from my relatively high post count.

Judging someone based on post count is far less serious than violating copyright laws. There will not be a rule of any sort that restricts judging people based on post count (well, from my deduction that the forum owners are competent enough to avoid such things). Judging someone based on post count is not as bad as you make it out to be. And since you cannot remove the behaviour, you might as well adapt to it.

I really needed to emphasise that.
As I've said before: I still don't understand where severity comes into play. As long as we both agree that judging post quality based on post count is not a good thing, neither one of us should be defending it, no matter how absolutely horrifying violation of copyright laws is in comparison.

I also still don't agree that you should adapt to a negative behavior that you're unlikely to be able to get rid of completely. Society wouldn't have gotten very far with that mentality!

It still was a part of the argument and if you are to use it I should be able to too. It is very unfair if you are allowed to point out sexism when I am not.
You're allowed to mention sexism as much as you want, but your reasoning doesn't hold. It doesn't matter how sexism compares to the issue at hand. It's irrelevant. Sexism is much, much worse than what we're talking about right now, but how is that in any way a justification for judging post quality based on post count?

Blah, we're repeating ourselves. Combat it. If unsuccessful, adapt to it, since it's not remotely a serious issue.
I disagree. Combat it, then keep combating it. And if you do give up, then do exactly that: give up. Don't go out of your way to actually make changes that benefit the prejudice; if it's not even remotely a serious issue, then ignore it altogether instead of actively attempting to conform to it.

No. This is entirely of a different magnitude. Is judging people based on post count causing any problems? Repeating myself again. Ugh.
First of all: if it's not causing any problems, why would you bother making your proposed change in the first place? Why not just ignore it, if it's minor enough that it causes no problems? I can honestly not fathom why you would actively try to change the forums to better align with the prejudice that post count somehow reflects post quality - especially if you think it's so unimportant that it can't even be considered a bad thing.

Secondly: you've spent most of this post talking about how, yes, this post count judging thing is very much real and many people really do care about post count and it's a legitimate opinion that many people hold. If that's the case (which I don't believe), then this really is serious enough that we should try to work against it.

Look at my response which involves eating food.

And while "counting posts is for counting posts" is true, it makes a terrible argument because anyone with basic grasp of the English language can infer that.
It's a terrible argument because virtually everyone here can understand it? Well, that's new!

Fact of the matter is, we don't need post count to do anything. Some people like it. That's it.

Everything has a point.
Oh, no, not really. Things have points that depend on other things having points; ultimately it all boils down to "this just is", points be damned.

You just said that my best argument was about utilising things that aren't utilised properly. That was to make them have a point.
But they can't have a point unless you accept the arbitrary nature of points. Objectively, purpose doesn't exist; it exists subjectively because we arbitrarily define some things to be meaningful. And if people decide that having post count is enjoyable, what else is needed? It doesn't have to do anything beyond counting posts as long as that's what people feel like it should be doing.

What is with you and your insistence on pointless things? I don't get why you want pointless things. What benefit do you get? Why have things when they don't have a point?
I enjoy them. Why do I enjoy them? What is the point in enjoying things? The answer is that I don't know and don't care to know; in the end, you don't do things because there's a point to it, but because that's what humans do. Why is that what humans do? What is the point? You can't just keep asking these questions forever and ever; sooner or later you have to settle for "there's no point, this is what I believe in for no reason".

We could make it cause more good than it is currently.
How would your proposed change cause good? Moments ago you said post count-based judging was causing no problems; hence, turning off post count in Forum Games would do no good because you're not solving any problems (since there were none in the first place).

On the other hand, if post count-based judging is indeed problematic, then it's something we should be working against, not accommodating.

... This is just so frustrating because you think things that have no points should be kept, even if they have no points. And... why are you asking what is the purpose of logical arguments? Will you have a problem if I start presenting you with illogical arguments? Because I will do that exclusively to you from now on in this thread if you don't think logical arguments have a purpose.
They can serve a purpose if you allow for purpose to be arbitrarily defined; otherwise, they can't, because ultimately, what is the purpose of logic? You could argue that logic is a tool that can be used to promote whatever you've defined to be meaningful, but then you need to do just that: define something to be meaningful for no reason. And if you allow for that, then post count needs no reason to exist beyond other people wanting it to be there.

I do agree Butterfree's post makes sense (and most others), but I still think my posts make more sense. (Otherwise I wouldn't be using up two hours to make this post in favour of removing Forum Games' post count, duh.) Music Dragon's views make no sense to me, however. Just me being me.
Camus says you must roll the boulder and enjoy it. Enjoy it.

No, because then you're not counting all the posts they're making.

This is the problem I have with your posts. You're clearly intelligent enough to know that Zero Moment meant he judges people based on post count, but for whatever reason, you ignore it.
I don't ignore what people say, I'm just not as blunt as you are; I'm more into subtlety, rhetoric, palm reading... that kind of thing.

Does it matter? It's still judging people, even if it's not their quality of post but what type of people they are (forum-wise).
Using post count in conjunction with join date to determine a person's posting habits is logical, because post count and join date are actually connected to posting habits (high post count and recent join date means you've been very active since you joined, for instance). Trying to judge the quality of a person's post using their post count is different because there is no connection between post count and post quality that can be relied upon. One makes sense, the other does not.

I'm finding it difficult to figure out whether you actually think this is an important issue or not, but it really doesn't matter: if people judging post quality based on post count is an important issue, we shouldn't be trying to adapt to it, we should be doing our best to counteract it; and if it's an utterly unimportant issue, then we still shouldn't be trying to adapt to it, we should be ignoring it.

Last edited:
I'm still angry at opal for beating me to 5,000 posts on the Invisionfree forums. >:(

You say post count doesn't matter. I agree.

However, in this forum there are a lot of kids who powerpost their way to 3,000, 4,000, 5,000 in FG and think that being a Butterfree is going to have a huge effect on their lives and make their lives magical. So making FG posts not count would effect them. I'd say it would force them to become a little more mature.

I mean, if you even introduce a ranking system that requires 1,000 posts to reach the top, it's because, at least to some degree, post counts matter. And 1,000 posts in a forum is no easy feat. A rank is something that should be earned, not be cheated upon.

In one of my sigs I've made it a point, even. I'll make my way to Butterfree through the regular path. It may take years, it may not even happen, but I believe that, by pointing it out, I'm showing something to other people. You may call it stupid, but I think it has its importance, its significance.

So yes, I fully agree with yiran.

you sound like you're climbing a bus stop and calling it a mountain, a little bit.

You say post count doesn't matter. I agree.

However, in this forum there are a lot of kids who powerpost their way to 3,000, 4,000, 5,000 in FG and think that being a Butterfree is going to have a huge effect on their lives and make their lives magical. So making FG posts not count would effect them. I'd say it would force them to become a little more mature.

I mean, if you even introduce a ranking system that requires 1,000 posts to reach the top, it's because, at least to some degree, post counts matter. And 1,000 posts in a forum is no easy feat. A rank is something that should be earned, not be cheated upon.

In one of my sigs I've made it a point, even. I'll make my way to Butterfree through the regular path. It may take years, it may not even happen, but I believe that, by pointing it out, I'm showing something to other people. You may call it stupid, but I think it has its importance, its significance.

So yes, I fully agree with yiran.
I doubt anyone thinks being a Butterfree will make their lives magical. It's just an arbitrary goal they want to strive towards because it's there, like level 100 in a Pokémon game. And I honestly don't see what the problem is with them striving towards it.

They're enjoying it, they're excitedly watching their post count go up, they're being proud when they grow in rank... and what's wrong with that? They're kids having fun. Literally the only people for whom it makes any logical sense to be vehemently opposed to this are people who are, to put it bluntly, simply jealous that some kids powerposting in Forum Games have a higher post count than themselves. If you truly have matured beyond wanting the highest post count, then you shouldn't care if some people have massive post counts for less intellectual posts than yours.

"There are post ranks, therefore post count matters" is a non-sequitur - post ranks don't matter either. It's all just statistics. There is no reason you should feel inadequate because you aren't a Butterfree. You don't gain any extra privileges for it whatsoever: it is just a picture in your postbit. Striving towards it is completely optional. If you enjoy striving towards it, that's great, but it's a challenge you're setting for yourself, and if someone else chooses to post a lot in Forum Games and gets a higher rank because of that, it isn't relevant to you or your personal goal-setting any more than someone else with a Pokémon game choosing to raise their Pokémon to level 100 using the Day-Care.

See, this is the part of your argument that really doesn't make sense to me. People who post a lot in Forum Games are posting a lot. They are very active, and they are probably fairly well-known on the forums, at least among the people who frequent the same categories they do. For every measure you can sensibly deduce from post count (of which length or thoughtfulness of posts is not one and never will be), people who post a lot in Forum Games genuinely do rank highly. You would get an inaccurate picture of how active and prominent a member is overall if posts in Forum Games were excluded. And because post count has exactly nothing to do with the quality of your posts even outside of Forum Games, post count could never become a remotely accurate way to gauge that even if we did exclude Forum Games. On the whole, snap judgements based on post counts are likely more accurate if Forum Games are included, because then at least the measure of activity and prominence are correct, even if the ludicrously inaccurate measure of post quality they shouldn't be deducing from there anyway become ever so slightly more ludicrously inaccurate.

This makes logical sense up until the last point; I don't believe it is an accurate measure of activity, as hypothetically a person could just continue to post in the forum games constantly (achieving high a post count), but in a limited time period, while others make a lot of posts in other forums (achieving a low post count), which results in a misjudgment of actvity. Prominence is also not very accurate as it is quite synonymous with quality, and you could know absolutely nothing about a person who has 2000 posts which are racked up solely through posting in Forum Games. The previous examples are exaggerations but I think I've got my point across clearly enough.

And anyway, I think I should have worded it better – it's that the Forum Games causes the misjudgment of a user, since from what I've seen in most forums (on the Internet), users largely post the same; a few thought out posts and a few one/two-liner posts. Of course even then it's not going to be accurate because some post more thought out posts than others, but it eliminates the Forum Games as a major affecter of the accuracy of judging with post count.

The thing is I don't think there is a "correct course of action" inherent to the matter. The whole issue is silly and I don't see why anyone really cares exactly what post count is counting, except in that vague kind of "Hey, I like statistics for statistics' sake" way. The correct course of action when there isn't a definitive right thing to do is whatever makes the largest number of people happy. Hence, doing whatever people complain less about.

I actually find pretty striking here that you care so much. Why is it so vastly important to you that the inevitably inaccurate snap judgements people make about other people shouldn't include posts in Forum Games that you'll persist in arguing it even in the face of most people including the administrator disagreeing? If this were a genuine moral issue and you were standing up for something you perceive as the right thing, yeah, you should definitely not let it deter you no matter who disagrees, but a suggestion as trivial as "let's not include this forum in the post count" has no reason to inspire that kind of passion, especially when you agree that post count is never going to be a decent measure of post quality and have yourself argued in response to Music Dragon that people judging each other based on post count isn't a big deal. It makes no sense for you to be arguing this so fiercely purely on the principle you claim to be defending (making premature subconscious inherently inaccurate snap judgements about people's post thoughtfulness by other people who have yet to get to know them at all maybe a teensy-weensy bit more accurate on a rough average).

What it sounds like to me, and I'm sorry to be jumping to conclusions about you but you're making it difficult not to, is that you yourself are just feeling kind of insecure and intimidated as a new member, want to gain some respect on the forums, and feel like when other people are racking up enormous post counts through posting in Forum Games, people are unfairly going to pay more attention to them than to you even though you've been expending far more effort making good posts than them.

And yeah, I'm sure many people have felt like that - I've felt like that when registering on forums when I was fourteen or fifteen - but the thing is that people judge you incorrectly on irrelevant features every day, and that's just something you have to deal with. People may judge you if your post count is low, but they may also judge you if you don't have an avatar, or based on your username or signature, or the fact you use the phrase "sugar high" in your signature, or the fact you have a tumblr. And those judgements can be totally inaccurate. But when people read your posts and see you around in discussions, they'll see for themselves how much thought you put into your posts. You don't need to be so concerned with those initial snap judgements people might make; instead, focus on how you come across when people start to form an actual impression of who you are.

Making long, well-thought-out posts actually puts you at a disadvantage postcount-wise, because in the time that it takes you to write one post, somebody else could have made ten insignificant posts in random polls in Miscellaneous or Insanity - and that fact will remain even if we exclude Forum Games from the post count. Some people may try to judge post quality from post count anyway, but that judgement is never going to be correct no matter what forums we choose to exclude. If you make well-thought-out posts, people are going to see that you make well-thought-out posts, even if your post count is low.

Yes, there probably is no correct course of action, now that I think from that perspective. However, one course of action is better than the other, and that's what we're discussing about.

There's no need to be sorry, as I don't feel offended. However, I believe your assumption is wrong. Key words being "I believe". I know I'm not mature as the older people who have had more experience in say, figuring out why their brain is working in such a way, and therefore I may be subconsciously acting due to the reasons you posted; I just don't think that's why I'm acting. However, I can say that one thing that influenced me to make this thread was the fear of being not accepted for posting in the forum games, the fear of people judging me as someone who is just relying on it to get posts. I understand that the fear is quite immature and irrational, but it's my subconscious will and I can't really physically change that. At least I can say that's only partially the reason as to why I created the thread.

Anyway, regarding the "overly passionate about trivial things" stuff; I'm just that type of person. It's kind of like advocating for gay rights when you're not gay (although that's quite a bad example, but I hope you get the gist of what I'm trying to get to). For instance, in class today, out of nowhere I asked what the teacher thought of incest (it was a PSHE session so it wasn't inappropriate, but it was still out of the blue) and I got into an argument against the entire class AND the teacher. People kept on giving me examples, such as "if you were to sleep with your parents or brother", and I agree that I find the idea quite repulsive, but not everyone can claim the same.

I'm getting really sidetracked. My point is, I just happen to side with the minority/underrepresented side which I'm not a part of in many cases and I also happen to debate very passionately. It may or may not be due to my like for arguing with other people. It just happens. I still hate my brain for being so inconclusive.

I think you misunderstood me; I wasn't talking about people being hostile towards people who post in Forum Games. I was asking what the point of having post count discriminate against posts in forum games (by not counting them) is, given post count can't discriminate between useful, high-quality posts and spammy one-liners anywhere else anyway. Hence the lion analogy: why bother trying to put a saddle on the lion when you're not going to be able to ride it either way?

I don't get the analogy. :/ Anyway, I still believe that Forum Games is on a separate level of messing with the accuracy of posts. It is quite a valid point, though.

That was a fanciful exaggeration expressing my annoyance with people thinking they have a right to destroy something other people enjoy (whether it's Forum Games or sandcastles) just because they themselves don't care for it.

Okay, then. Ignore my point :P

But anyway, I do see the logic in your points, and I'm actually starting to find myself to agree with them; it may just me being opinionated (or other people like Music Dragon saying arguments that I really passionately disagree against), but I'm still not that convinced. Well, I guess you have to be good at debating to be able to maintain a forum :/

I'll get to the others later. For now, blissful sleep awaits.

You know, your insistence on using your subconscious as an excuse is quite tiresome. I'm pretty sure you can control these thoughts, you just don't want to. They are your thoughts. They're not inherent parts of you, like your need to eat or sleep or even who you're attracted to. They're thoughts about posting on a pokemon forum. You really, really can control them if you took the time to try.

Also, I speak only for myself, but I'm pretty sure this thread did a whole lot more with regards to judging your character than whether you'd posted a whole lot in forum games.

Anyway, regarding the "overly passionate about trivial things" stuff; I'm just that type of person. It's kind of like advocating for gay rights when you're not gay (although that's quite a bad example, but I hope you get the gist of what I'm trying to get to). For instance, in class today, out of nowhere I asked what the teacher thought of incest (it was a PSHE session so it wasn't inappropriate, but it was still out of the blue) and I got into an argument against the entire class AND the teacher. People kept on giving me examples, such as "if you were to sleep with your parents or brother", and I agree that I find the idea quite repulsive, but not everyone can claim the same.

Um, sorry, but I don't really think you can feel good and just about defending any oppressed underdogs here. Gay rights and incest are both fairly important issues, whereas this really is literally only something you seem to care this much about. Also wow do you really think queer rights are 'trivial' since you're not gay?? (Maybe you are gay. If so, wow, have a little faith in your allies.)

I'm a bit confused~

Is the question about why post count is on in the Forum Games section? Or is it about whether or not people here /care/ about post count? Or is it being assumed that people care, post count has some mythical effect on forumers, and we should disable it in Forum Games immediately because god forbid post count counts how many posts we've made o.o!!

Just a bit lost, also, to the whole...'what is post count for' question.

I love unreliable sources :D

If the topic in question is not about whether post count should be on or off, forgive me, it's 2 a.m. my time and my mind is all whoosh

If people judge people's maturity/post quality by post count alone, perhaps those people wouldn't really care how the post count was accumulated; seeing how said peoples are apparently ignoring things such as members' general maturity, typing styles, personalities, and, yano, sticking around the forum and becoming friends with the peoples. :3?

wut am I doing I'm a lurker posting aaaa

top of poll said:
Do you care whether the Forum Games' forum counts toward your total post count?

that's the question! the discussion has changed the wind slightly. the original question remains the same. if we were all assuming that postcount somehow mattered i don't think we'd be having the same discussion.

well i'm not having a discussion i'm posting gifs but wevs.

I'm getting really sidetracked. My point is, I just happen to side with the minority/underrepresented side which I'm not a part of in many cases and I also happen to debate very passionately. It may or may not be due to my like for arguing with other people. It just happens. I still hate my brain for being so inconclusive.
but nobody's being oppressed. It's not as though anyone's picking on people for caring about postcount or posting in forum games. man, even the minority here apparently can't be arsed to talk about it because it is literally so trivial. You disagree with the people you are sticking up for in this thread and it's obvious because your argument is all over the place ("well, other people do this, I think it's wrong, but someone should stick up for them, but we should take postcount off forum games") and that's why it's taken three pages for people to actually get what you're trying to say.

there is a difference between sticking up for minority rights and siding with underrepresented sides just because you can! this is especially so when you're arguing something that you don't even believe in yourself. This isn't like sticking up for quiltbag rights at all; you disagree with the opinion you're defending, whereas you can argue that quiltbag people deserve rights even when you're straight. They're not mutually exclusive like two opposing opinions. The analogy would be more correct if you hated quiltbag people, but argued for their rights anyway because they happen to be the minority.

man, if you believe in something, stick up for that, not other people that you disagree with that happen to be under-represented. you can hardly call yourself opinionated if you argue opinions that aren't even yours.

Back
Top Bottom