• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Purple

Phantom

Uh, I didn't do it.
I'm not sure where to post this, so please move it to where ever it needs to be.

On October 20th, 2010, wear purple in memory of the 6 gay boys who committed suicide in recent weeks/months due to homophobic abuse in their homes or at their schools. Purple represents Spirit on the LGBTQ flag and that’s exactly what we'd like all of you to have with you: spirit. Please wear purple on October 20th. Tell your friends, family, co-workers, neighbors and schools.

RIP Tyler Clementi, Asher Brown, Seth Walsh, Justin Aaberg, Raymond Chase and Billy Lucas.

Please show your support for the families and all those affected by these awful tragedies due to prejudice, discrimination, hate, and homophobic behavior.

Iirc it was 9? And increasing? There was another one in the past week.

Anyhow I'll try to do this (lack of purple pants eh) but I doubt anyone I know will realize what it represents. :\

Well according to facebook there are thousands in on it so far. I just quoted what the page said.

luckily I own lots of purple things, and my bag is bright purple. :D

... and it's my favourite colour!

I'm so doing this.

I own no purple clothing. :/

But I would if I could. Maybe I'll use my sister's nail polish or something.

I wear at least a purple item most days anyway, but I shall try to wear as many as possible on Wednesday!

... dammit, i just wore the closest thing i have to a purple shirt today

I RSVP'd to four of these on facebook...even if two got mysteriously canceled :(

BUT purple is my favorite color and I have some purple shirts sooooooooo

Could someone post a link to the facebook page here?

I know I'm joining in on this. Purple is my favorite color, and I'll do anything to support those who need it.

Checked through my clean clothes, and I have a purple tank.

So even though no one I know will know what it is and will be opposed, I will support this.

Linky

There are a few though.

If enough people notice that a lot of people are wearing purple then they will ask you. Then you tell them, that's the point.

Last edited:
Okay well I've joined the group + posted to my wall so perhaps some people I know will at least get it. :\

Back
Top Bottom