• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Question Box

Actually, that kind of brings up this topic. Mega evolutions, like legendaries, have been implemented in the Database. Will they ever be publicly available? Is that, like, the prize of this tournament?

When an ability that affects the base power/damage of a move is in effect, the new base power should be used to calculate energy. This affects everything from the starter pokemon abilities to flash fire to iron fist, etc.

Actually, that kind of brings up this topic. Mega evolutions, like legendaries, have been implemented in the Database. Will they ever be publicly available? Is that, like, the prize of this tournament?

ssshshhhh don't ruin the surprise for the rest of us

(imo mega stones should be limited to people who've done noteworthy work for the league/accomplished something significant, and be one of a kind)

I don't think they should be much rarer than dream world ability pokemon whenever they're implemented, since a held item slot has to be used and everything. I mean, it'd be a bit rarer because they're only for final evolutions, but should be only for that reason, or whatever. So you might not be able to get them normally but they're not unique and you can look forward to getting some with special events or whatever.

Other than sigstuff, most things shouldn't be one of a kind, I think. Anyway, in canon there are several people who can mega-evolve their pokemon, so it's not part of the mythos that mega-evo stones are one of a kind either.

I don't really have much feeling for mega-evos in general so I'd be okay with them just being buyable, but I guess tourneys need something to reserve for special prizes. DW abilities already cover that pretty well though.

You can combine things that make sense for them to work together. Physical moves with similar movements tend to have the advantage here, like brave bird + facade. Sunny day can't be combined with flamethrower on the same action, though; you'd have to use them separately.

If a Pokémon faints while under the effect of an upkeep move, does the move stay in effect for the next thing to be sent out (as in the games) or fade because there's nothing supplying energy to it anymore?

I'm not sure what's unfair about it?

At any rate, if you switch out a Pokemon that's used a screen, it's still going to keep using energy to keep it up, even from within the Pokeball. Going by that ruling I think it's clear that the setter-upper has to be the one supplying the energy.

But in-game, the user doesn't continually invest energy into the screen. So it works in-game, sure, but the flavour doesn't quite work for ASB.

Actually, to the best of my recollection, a Pokemon replacing the move's original user can upkeep a Reflect/Light Screen/Safeguard so as long as they pony up the continuous cost.

Back
Top Bottom