• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Referee Headquarters

Dragon

The battle description itself, but, uh, what happened to the sandstorm? Ignoring the fact that it ordinarily destroys clones, you don't indicate how long it's going to last. Furthermore, spinda can't learn zen headbutt at the moment--that's a Platinum tutor move. I'm also not sure why dragon dance only raised attack by one level.

Energy looks fine, and health for Spots is good, but I don't know what's going on with Rayquaza's health. Zen headbutt's an 80-power attack coming off +1 attack... it should be doing more damage than 4%, regardless of STAB.

Biggest problem here was the mechanics. This was a tricky mock designed to go wrong in a couple of different ways, and I'm afraid you didn't catch any of the traps. Other than the health thing, though, the rest of the reffing was fine. Not Approved

Walker

->:( @ confusing commands. YOU DID THAT ON PURPOSE DIDN'T YOU
That's why I picked that battle, yeah. Confusing is the point!

You did well with the battle description, anyway; nothing wrong there.

Health and energy looks fine, too. Nothing wrong with this reffing in the end. Approved

New mocks probably won't be up until sometime this weekend.

Paychecks

Chiropter: 1 = $10
Crazy Linoone: 1 = $6
Full Metal Cookies: 1 = $3
Grass King: 1 2 3 4 = $12
Kindling Queen: 1 2 = $6
Kratos Aurion: 1 2 3 4 5 6 = $60
MurrMurr: 1 = $6
Negrek: 1 2 = $20
PichuK: 1 2 = $12
Walker: 1 = $10
Whivit: 1 2 3 4 5 = $50

Last edited:
That battle you linked to is an e-reffing. Unless that battle now counts as a normal reffing.

Dragon fails at ASB :< This is her third mock. Fah at least it's practice

Square said:
Style: 2 vs 2
DQ: Standard Week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: Dig, weather-changing attacks, attacks that require rocks to execute, thunder
Terrain: The Snow Globe

The snow globe is exactly what the name might suggest: a cheap plastic trinket that is nevertheless rather hypnotic to play with. This, though, is no ordinary snow globe--powerful magic acts to suck any pokémon released nearby into its watery confines, where they will be shrunk to a size appropriate to keep them comfortable beneath the clear plastic sky. A fine dusting of plastic flakes covers the similarly plastic ground, igloo, and generic snowman that make up the terrain features. The rest of the dome is filled with water, although there is a small air bubble at its apogee.

Pokémon released into this arena, if unable to breathe underwater, will also be equipped with magical bubbles that encase their entire head in a small air pocket, enough to keep them properly oxygenated. This magical bubble is constantly maintained by the arena itself, and as a result the bubble cannot be popped, dissipated, compacted to such a size as would be insufficient to service the pokémon, or separated from the pokémon with which it is associated by any means. Therefore, any pokémon can be sustained and fight in this arena, although some obviously remain... not recommended.

This arena acts as though it is under the permanent influence of rain dance. Additionally, once every three rounds, someone will come along and shake the snow globe, dealing 2% typeless damage to all pokémon within and starting a plastic-flake flurry with effects identical to hail (this stacks with the "rain dance") and which lasts for three actions.

ROUND X
Kalahari (OO)
ledyba
Kid (M) <Swarm>
Health: 25%
Energy: 36%
- Ohhh, that hurt... +2 Attack

Square (OO)
jigglypuff
Lass (F)
Health: 50%
Energy: 50%
- Very confident.​

The two Trainers shout commands to their Pokemon, and the round quickly begins with a wave from the referee. The Ledyba, Kid, glares at Lass and starts to buzz his wings, muffled somewhat by the water. The sound is amusing at first, almost soothing, when Kid starts to speed up. The buzz becomes more high pitched, and higher until the two Trainers can’t hear it anymore. Lass cries out and tries to cover her ears with her small arms unsuccessfully, as the whine of Kid’s wings slices into her head. Kid smirks at the whimpering Jigglypuff, and laughs as his wings slow. Lass gets to her feet and looks at the floating Ledyba. She imagines a strong bolt of lightning slicing through it... And a jagged bolt appears in the sky out of the globe. The referee looks up, and with a flick of her wrist the bolt shatters, with sparks bouncing off the cheap plastic of the snow globe.

"Thunder is banned," she growls. Kid seems rather amused at the Jigglypuff's failed attack, and drifts in a lazy circle in the watery arena. Lass narrows her eyes at the referee, before turning her attention back on her opponent. She glares wrathfully at Kid, and starts to glow with a black aura. The Ledyba frowns. Maybe Lass would fly at him, or something, but she just watches with a dark sneer. He relaxes, and lets himself drift to the bottom of the globe. Kid can feel his energy returning, and is about to sigh when the aura around Lass grabs for him. Kid yelps as the energy rush fades again, and glares at Lass. The puffball had better stay away.

Lass giggles as Kid's energy strengthens her, and twirls in a circle in the water. Grinning, she propels herself towards Kid, slamming her short arms into his shell three times. Kid gasps and pulls back, before his eyes glaze over momentarily. Lass steps forward expectantly, and steps through a wall of light. She moves back again, and looks through the wall at Kid, uneasily.

ROUND X
Kalahari (OO)
ledyba
Kid (M) <Swarm>
Health: 20%
Energy: 20%
- Annoyed at the puffball's interference, feeling weak. +2 Attack, Reflect for three more rounds

Square (OO)
jigglypuff
Lass (F)
Health: 56%
Energy: 39%
- Starting to lose confidence, but rather optimistic.​

Referee Notes
-Thunder is banned
-Roost was 15%
-Kalahari attacks first

Why do I have to keep trying Advanced I won't get it dammit

Here I go.....

Novice-Level Mock

Arena Description:
Style: 1 vs 1
DQ: Standard Week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: None
Terrain: Sky Pillar: Upper Terrace

The sky pillar's upper terrace is a place few humans have set foot, what with the grueling challenge of crumbling floors and vicious pokémon that make up its fifty lower levels and the final stipulation that only an adult and a child working together can unlock the portal to the final terrace. The terrace itself is rather plain, a simple open space where the legendary Rayquaza frequently comes to rest. A constant fog of ozone hangs heavy over the entire place, severely lowering visibility, but if it were to clear, one would be able to see for miles in all directions, out over the southern portion of Hoenn.

Current Pokemon Status:
Rayquaza (X)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
- Hibernating, but dimly aware that it's no longer alone.

Grovyle (M)
Health: 45%
Energy: 50%
- Enjoying his new form, but tired nonetheless.

Round X

The round starts as the Rayquaza wakes up and hears the sound if footsteps coming closer to where he slept. Out of its peripheral vision, it saw a human and a Pokemon running. It knew this meant a battle, so it prepared himself by calming down and concentrating hard on calmness and relaxation, thereby making it more powerful and less vulnerable. The Grovyle had his mouth full of seeds and shot them at the Rayquaza.

The Rayquaza felt a dull pain on its back and turns around to see the Grovyle shooting projectiles at it. It becomes enraged and starts building up energy in its mouth. After it almost became overloaded, it shot the energy in the form of a beam towards the Grovyle. The Grovyle tried to dodge, but his leg was caught in the blast and he was thrown into the air and slammed onto the ground. The Grovyle got up, slowly and painfully, and built up energy in his hands. They became engulfed in blue fire, which then form claws. The Grovyle half ran, half limped at Rayquaza and raked it with these. The Rayquaza felt a sharp pain near its abdomen and roared.

The Rayquaza shot up into the air, in the ozone surrounding the field. The Grovyle coaxed the energy he is creating into a ball shape and tried to find the Rayquaza in the air. He shot the ball, which whirled away the ozone revealing nothing but a blue sky and some clouds. The round ends with the Grovyle being mad at himself for missing, and the Rayquaza glad and hoping the battle ends soon.

Pokemon Status after Round X:

Rayquaza (X)
Health: 88%
Energy: 85%
Stats: +1 Sp. Attack, +1 Sp. Defense
-"How stupid can Pokemon be, challenging me?"

Grovyle (M)
Health: 30%
Energy: 35%
-"I can't believe how bad this started off!"

Other Notes:
-Bullet Seed hit 5 times, so I used the end result of 50 damage for energy cost
-The Hyper Beam counted as full damage. The ozone made it only hit the leg.
-I didn't count the Fly (Up) as a running away
-Willy attacks first (I'm not sure if that would count in this situation)
-I probably won't be accepted, but a guys' gotta try...

Last edited:
All mock battles have been rolled over at this point; sorry for the delay.

Dragon

Your battle description is okay, although I have to say that I found the description of roost very confusing. It sounded like the attack was chill instead, especially since you kept going on about energy. Also, I myself probably would have had the power of bug buzz reduced, as it's going to be hard to get your wings buzzing in all that water, but it's not a huge deal. Overall, you're okay here.

Jigglypuff doesn't learn comet punch. Light screen doesn't last three rounds. Five actions is about right.

But health and energy, not so much. Most glaring is the snatched roost--where did it go? Roost heals half the user's health, and snatch takes the full effect of the attack. Naturally, this takes a cataclysmic amount of energy, too, which would ordinarily be reflected in Lass' energy score. As it is, I'm not sure how you split energy from that attack; whatever, the case, someone should have lost a big chunk and seen quite the health restoration.

There's a lot of little things that get you here: roost is the big deal, since it makes your calculations very hard to figure out, but missing comet punch is in there too and light screen a little bit as well. You caught the thunder thing, which was good, and the description wasn't bad. It's just little stuff holding you back. Not Approved

StyliBoy

I understand that this is just a mock and all, but it would be nice if you copy-pasted the reference stuff rather than quoting; it looks pretty weird the way you have it set up now. Your battle description is okay, description-wise, but you have some serious issues with switching tenses, which makes it a bit confusing at times.

Rayquaza does not learn calm mind.

The energy cost for bullet seed is actually constant; it doesn't matter how many times it or any other multi-volley attack strikes. In any case, the fact that both Rayquaza and Grovyle used the same amount of energy is a tip-off that something's wrong. Rayquaza used hyper beam, which is amongst the most draining of all attacks. Calm mind and a fly (up) aren't terribly draining, no, but hyper beam will take a lot out of you. Compare to grovyle's moves--one that takes trifling energy (bullet seed) and two more that take moderate energy. Rayquaza should be looking at at least a little more energy consumption than Grovyle. Additionally, Rayquaza should be looking at a little more damage. 12% is about as much as it would take from a dragon claw alone, and while bullet seed won't do a *ton* more, I would expect at least a couple extra percent on there since the attack hit five times.

Overall, it's not bad for a first attempt. The calm mind thing indicates that you need to check your sources before reffing, and it would be nice if you could polish the grammar in your description a bit, but overall it's not bad. Mostly the little quirks in the energy and damage section are your problem, but they shouldn't be too difficult to fix. Not Approved

Paychecks

Blaziking: 1 2 = $6
Chiropter: 1 2 = $20
Crazy Linoone: 1 2 3 = $18
Grass King: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 = $21
Kindling Queen: 1 2 3 = $9
Kratos Aurion: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 = $80
Kusarigamaitachi: 1 2 3 4 5 = $50
moon-panther: 1 = $3
MurrMurr: 1 = $6
Negrek: 1 2 3 4 = $40
Walker: 1 = $10
Whivit: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 = $120

Last edited:
You linked to the wrong post in the Dragon vs Skymin thing (though that might be because Dragon deleted her double post after you got the link...?).

More importantly, I got another round of Blaziking vs. Kindling Queen in there as well, so it should be $80.

Back
Top Bottom