• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Rift in the Dimensions

"Your guess is as good as mine.", Taunos sighed, "In my homeworld only the most advanced or most powerful beings could travel from one plane to another."
He then asked them, "So, what can I call you?"

"I'm known as Ravage. The big one is my master and symbiotic partner Bonecrusher."

"They don't know." Bonecrusher muttered to nobody in particular. "Or at any rate, this one doesn't know. What, i wonder, is responsible for all of this dimensional activity?"

Link stood quietly near Taunos, listening to his conversation with the huge metal creatures, looking more than a little nervous. What sort of place would normally have such odd being?
Bonecrusher and Ravage.. Not the most friendly-sounding names..

Taunos nodded in acknoledgement, "My name is Taunos.", he told the automatons.
That's funny, their names sound an awful lot like older orc names., Taunos thought.
He then looked over at Link, who looked uneasy. Taunos couldn't blame him.
"And his name is Link.", Taunos told Ravage, indicating him, "I imagine your, ah, partner doesn't speak much? Or does he not speak Common to well?"

((Sorry about the wait. I got things worked out with DarkArmour, and we're finally ready to move on. WHOO!))

Sonic finally reached the group with Drawcia close behind. Tails waved to his friend and saw the odd figure behind him. As he opened his mouth to say hello, there was a large shadow in the nearby portal.

FWOOM

Out of it burst Giratina.

And she was alone.

<<I...I CAN'T BELIEVE IT...>> She said, partially to herself. <<HE'S...HE'S...>>

"He's what?" Sonic asked.

"He's who?" Tails added.

<<DIALGA...HE ATTACKED PALKIA. PALKIA'S TRYING TO FIGHT HIM OFF, AND...THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH DIALGA!>>

"Well, he can only speak our native language, Cybertronian. I can only speak this because I had language software instal-" Ravage was interrupted as a strange, dragon-like creature burst out of a portal and started bursting static about a Dialga.

"Pardon me for interrupting, but what exactly is a Dialga?"

"And a Palkia, for that matter?"

Link listened to the huge Pokemon's words with increasing dread. When something as powerful as that creature seemed afraid.. that was not good. Another, more accurate way to put it would be that things were going from bad to worse to utter craziness. Sighing, he attempted to answer Ravage's question.
"Dialga.. I'm not entirely sure. But I know it and Palkia are extremely powerful beings sort of like the one that just appeared, Giratina.. and I get the impression we'll need to face Dialga very soon."
This is never going to stop, is it?

"Hmmm conflict amongst god-like beings.", Taunos said to Giratina and the others, "Never, never, never a good thing in my book. I'm going to assume you have no idea what's happened to them?"
Geralt, seeing some other huge thing leap out of a portal, decided to head back now.
"Alright, what's all this commotion about?", he asked.
He was taken aback by the large metallic beings and the large being that burst out of the portal.
"Geralt," Taunos greeted, "you've decided to join us. What's happening? I'm not so sure. This is Giratina, a god-like being from the world we last visited. She says another of the god-like beings has attacked her companion who was supposed to come aid us."
"Right...", Geralt sighed.
He grabbed the bottle of old wine out of his pack again and drank the last of it away. Things started looking a little blurry as he threw the empty bottle on the ground.
"So, uh, Giratina, if it's fine for me to not use any title.", Geralt asked, "What seems to be troubling, uhh."
"Dialga and Palkia, Geralt.", Taunos said.
"Yes.", Geralt continued, "Those two."

"Extremely powerful beings, eh?" Bonecrusher said to Ravage, "I wonder if they had anything to do with this interdimensional plain?"

"I'm not asking them," Ravage said, "That creature who was talking about them seemed distressed, and I don't think we should enhance that."

"I never asked you to," Bonecrusher replied, "Let's just follow the conversation and maybe things will reveal themselves."

<<I DON'T KNOW...>> She answered Geralt. <<I HAD REACHED PALKIA AND JUST AS WE WERE LEAVING, DIALGA APPEARED AND ATTACKED US.>> She shivered, <<IT WAS LIKE NOTHING I'D EVER SEEN. HE WAS CRAZED AND VERY DIFFERENT FROM HIS NORMALLY RESERVED SELF. AND HIS EYES...>>

"Uh oh..." Sonic said, himself getting pretty scared. "Where have we seen those symptoms before?"

<<I HAVE NO IDEA,>> she replied, <<PALKIA'S TRYING HIS BEST, BUT EVEN THE TWO OF US CAN'T HOLD HIM OFF FOR LONG. WITH ALL OUR COMBINED POWERS, WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO STOP DIALGA'S RAMPAGING!>>

Us....? Sonic and Tails thought in unison.

"His eyes?", Geralt repeated.
"Oh my.", Taunos replied gravely. He turned to Geralt and explained, "The most notable symptom of being near the decay too long is the fusion of both eyes into one, and an uncontrollable rage, an unholy fury."
"I see.", Geralt said to Taunos, "Any known treatments?"
"None.", Taunos answered. He turned back to Giratina, "Well, if they're as powerful as I've been told, then we've got a very much uphill battle ahead of us."

<<YES, IT WILL BE DIFFICULT...>> Giratina answered, <<BUT THOUGH DIALGA IS STRONG, SO ARE PALKIA AND I, AND SO ARE YOU ALL TOGETHER. WE CAN DO THIS...I HOPE...>>

"Oh boy..." Sonic said under his breath.

((No, you're not getting out of this boss fight. >:3 If your party from Mystery Dungeon can do it, so can we.))

Ravage and Bonecrusher listened intently on the conversation, and when they heard the words "dimensional decay", they exchanged a sudden, shocked glance.

"Dimensional Decay? I wonder if..."

"Ahead of you on that," Ravage switched back to English, "Are there any other aftereffects of this 'dimensional decay'? Namely, would it create interdimensional portals to places like these?"

"It has weakened the barriers between dimensions," Tails said to Ravage, "And I do think a few people have reported sort-of portals. So it's possible."

"I've got plenty of potions and oils.", Geralt noted, "And I did manage to defeat the King of the Wild Hunt. What sort of foe is this, uh, Dialga? I'm going to assume a monster of some sort, but specter? Insectoid? Ornithosaur? Something else?"
He drew his silver sword, and then started rummaging through his pack for the right type of blade oil.
"That might be useful information.", Taunos noted.

<<HE'S A LARGE DRAGON OF STEEL,>> Giratina explained <<HE IS THE RULER OF TIME IN OUR WORLD, JUST AS PALKIA, A DRAGON OF WATER, IS RULER OF SPACE.>> She nodded and added, <<TECHNICALLY, I AM A SPECTER...>>

"A dragon of steel...", Geralt repeated in a low voice, then he spoke more clearly, "We have an oil just for specters like you, but none for dragons. Argentia will do fine, in any case."
Geralt pulled out a jar of a reddish greasy substance and began applying the blade oil to his silver sword. The oil then began to glow to a bright purple-ish color.
"Not just potions," Taunos said to Geralt, "But oils as well?"
"Yes.", Geralt replied, "All important to our trade. I must say this Dialga sounds like an interesting foe."
"The manipulation of time...", Taunos said, "Not too far off from Nozdormu in our world."
"Anyway," Geralt said, bring the discussion back to the fight ahead, "When do we fight this Dialga?"

Bonecrusher calculated everything he'd heard on the dimensional decay, formulated his theory, and explained it to Ravage:

"The way I see it, we crash-landed on the planet, disguised ourselves as that Minesweeping vehicle, and as we tried to find a place to launch us back to that red planet- Mars, right? Anyway, we're going through that tunnel, and we encounter the interdimensional portal, and end up here."

"Makes sense," Ravage said, "But that doesn't explain anything about why 'Dialga' went insane."

"One problem at a time. We should try to see if we can help them fix 'Dialga'."

<<AS SOON AS POSSIBLE>> Giratina said, <<THIS PORTAL SHOULD LEAD YOU DIRECTLY TO THE SPEAR PILLAR ATOP MT. CORONET!>> She flew at the portal, motioning to it as she went, <<WE HAVE TO HURRY. PALKIA NEEDS US!>> With that she flew in.

"Let's go!" Sonic said with bravado, though his voice was slightly shaking as he and Tails ran towards the portal.

"This will require speed," Bonecrusher said. "Ravage, I'm going to shift. Are you coming in or not?"

"What do you think?" Ravage said, bounding toward the portal, "I'm not becoming your engine again!"

"Typical," Bonecrusher muttered, after which he quickly transformed into the Minesweeper vehicle and "drove" toward the portal.

Back
Top Bottom