• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Rift in the Dimensions

see ya

Bye
Pronoun
she

The dimensions of the universe are decaying. Reality for these many worlds is slowly but surely coming apart at the seams. Those with the power to do so have evacuated to an area known as the Endless Plains, a wide grassland located in a parallel universe dotted with refugee camps. Naturally, those that were heroes in their respective worlds have banded together to root out the cause of this destruction and put a stop to it.

The Endless Plains are very large, but not truly endless. Forming a ring around them are large crystal formations, through which the individual world it leads to can be seen. A series of devices located in various points in the plains can teleport anyone to their desired crystal portal, removing the need for tedious travel across the Plains.

The source of the corruption is coming from one of these worlds. The question is, which one? Who-or what-ever's causing the destruction has left a trail, and by tracing its steps, can be tracked down. But it won't be easy. The closer you get to the trail, the stranger things will become...

"Sonic...."

"Mmmph..."

"Soooonic..." Tails repeated, nudging his friend's shoulder a bit.

"Mmmphfivemoreminutes..." Sonic groaned, turning over. Tails smirked and pulled out an airhorn.

HOOOOOONK!

"GAH! Alright, alright, I'm up! Geez, why did you have to do that?!" Sonic said pulling himself out of the tent.

"Because," Tails responded, "Today is the day we stop hiding and track this decay down. I've been sending out messages that work with those strange, mirrorlike devices that are scattered around this place to help recruit others to our cause. I just hope it works..."

"Didn't mean you had to wake me up like that, you little- well, looky there. Looks like they've already found us..."

"What are you...oh." Tails turned around to find a strange gathering of people, looking at him expectantly.

((Villains: You received a similar signal, but from a different source which has yet to appear.))

Last edited:
Re: Rift in the Dimensons

Link studied the two creatures curiously, arms folded. They looked like people and could apparently speak, but they were animal-like too, with fur. Neither looked very threatening. Hypothetically speaking he could kill them both in under five seconds with any of the numerous weapons he carried with him at all times, assuming they had no real powers or weapons of their own. He wasn't at all planning to, (they were the ones that had sent the message, after all and he didn't want to be a murderer) but it was just automatic after having to fight so much so often. The elf gave them a sort of well, now what? look but was, as usual, silent.

Claus the Typhlosion wandered along the grassy plains, walking, walking and walking before standing still, looking around despite the fact he hadn't opened his eyes. "Aw man, where am I supposed to go really?" He said in a self pitying manner, and sat down. "I think I'll just sit down here until someone who can help me comes" he looked around the area, and saw grass, grass and some more grass. "I should have brought something to do" He said again, in the same self pitying manner, as he heard his stomach rumble. "Or maybe something to eat"

Robotic Sonic Unit 09416, Code-Named Mecha Sonic, activate.

Recent History: Teleportation to plain completed. Dormant State Activated. Power Core fully charged.

A red eye flared to life. A Metallic blue Hedgehog stood up.

Missile Launcher: Fully Loaded. Machine Gun: Fully Loaded. Nano-tech: Offline
"What?" the Machine said in shock, "Activate it."

Activation failed.

"Something in this dimension must be interfering with it," He said, "No matter. I need to find others; hopefully I'll learn what I can do here."

Bara stared at the creatures before her. They were unlike any Pokémon that she had seen before. The blue thing looked like nothing she had seen while the orange thing looked like a Vulpix with only two tails.

Her traditional dress looked looked out of place, then again, it always had, in a way. She wished that Sand was here. Or that Kuroi was still with her at least.

"Sand, are you coming?" Bara had asked him before she left. The yellow haired boy shook his head.

"No. I have to fight what's here. It's what
they would do," he said.

"Are you sure? You could fall into the rift. The Legendaries are trying their best, but-"

"It's all right. I'll be fine."

"I'll stay-"

"
NO! You need to go. Kuroi wouldn't have wanted you to die again, would she?"

Bara hung her head. "N-no. She wouldn't have."

"Then go."

"So, uh... What are you? There was nothing like you in my world," Bara said.

"Well, I'm a hedgehog," Sonic said, pointing to himself. He gestured towards Tails "And my friend here is a fox. Our names are Sonic and Tails. And I have no idea what the elf-boy in green is." he said with a teasing, but friendly smile in Link's direction. No need to piss anyone off TOO much... he thought to himself.

"I wonder what's going to happen next." Ibiku thought out load after listening to Sonic and Tails. She had just walked in and had only heard a blip of conversation. Ibiku wondered if she had missed anything.

Last edited:

Taunos awoke. Unfortunately, sleep had not answered any questions. He tried to recall any news that sounded remotely familiar to the unravelling of worlds and being apparently pulled through the Twisting Nether or something onto this serene landscape. He stepped outside of his tent, staff in hand. The plains seemed endless, not that southern Kalimdor was terribly different. He then turned his attention to a small group of beings. They seemed to be mortals, but he couldn't quite contact any spirits here to make sure. He approached, sensing no ill intent.

"Ish-ne-alo por-ah.", Taunos greeted the group in his native tongue, a habit.
"Greetings.", he added with a smile. His body rose far above the other creatures, and seemed far larger overall. No races he recognized, either.

The imp-like...creature...slowly glanced around the plains. She had just entered a few moments ago, and he couldn't recognize anyone there.

Wait, that wasn't true anymore. She just spotted...Link!!

She floated ((Midna floats, right? I can't recall)) over to the green-garbed boy and playfully removed his hat, giggling.

She looked at the imp removing the elf's hat and the half-Tauros perhaps?-half man. "...So let me get this straight. We have an elf, an imp, a Tauros/ human hybrid, a 'hedgehog', a 'fox', and myself, a ghost. What's next? A Rapidash, for Arceus' sake?"

Kiby floated cheerfully through the campsite, and landed on the head of the yellow fox.

Waving, Kirby yelled, "Hi!" and then proceeded to poke the fox on the nose.

"Yeah, this is pretty crazy..." Sonic said.

"But we've all been kicked out of many different worlds," Tails answered, "And there's thousands of them out there. Just imagine what the creatures from...whatever's causing this mess look like..." His imagination ran with that thought and he shuddered, his fur prickling a bit. He then felt something land on his head and poke his nose.

"GAH!" he yelled, fur going stiff as he fell over. He pulled himself up to see a little pink, adorable puffball....and heard the sound of Sonic rolling on the ground in laughter.

"Shut up..." Tails said, still shaking.

Bara looked at the sky. "A gay* Jigglypuff. Of course." She paused for a moment and looked at Tails. "If we are lucky we won't go mad from finding out."

OCC:*Er... No offense or anything, but that's what Kirby always reminded me of.

((I was reading through Ketsuuuuuuuuuu's post, and that fact that Kirby comes in right after that is just brilliant.))

Ming folds her arms, listening to the talking animals introduce themselves. She tilts her head to the side and glances at her sister.

Chimeras. Got to be.

She then looks at the human-looking boy in green with pointy ears.

No clue what that is...

She then lets out a soft sigh and shakes her head.

"This is going to be a long day, Kate..."

A brown creature with a skull-covered head was sitting on the ground, his left hand holding a bone sharpened at the front tip and his right arm hanging lifelessly at his side. He could never ignore its pain so easily, even on such a day like this.

Kate wore a worried expression, and nodded to her sister.

"I think so. This is all very odd." She mumbled, examining the group carefully.

What do you think, Suoh? She thought to her bond-creature, Suoh.

I don't know quite what to think, to be honest. This is very new. he answered, stirring in her mind.

She frowned.

Taunos chuckled, "Close, I suppose. My people are called the shu'halo. But we're commonly known to the other races as the tauren."
He then got a better look at who he was responding too.
"Interesting, a ghost that understands it is no longer alive, unless I am mistaken.", Taunos remarked. He looked around at the others, who were, in fact, humanoid animals, a high elf, and a strange-looking imp.

OCC:Everyone, you DO realize Bara's a human ghost? And able to be seen?

Bara spun around to look at the newest arrivals. "Finally! Another human! Well, an alive human, but the point is the same." She clasped her hands together. "Welcome! And yes, I do realize I am dead. I remember every moment of it." She looked down sadly. "And I've watched more people then I'd like die."

Kirby floated back into the air, currently bored with the yellow thingy. He hovered over to the green man with the shiny metal thingamabob, landed, and stated tugging on his boot.

Back
Top Bottom