• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

R/S/E Ruby/Sapphire Remake?

KMew

I was thinking the other day how we got a Red/Blue remake in Gen III, and now in Gen IV we got a Gold/Silver remake. Does anyone else think there might be a R/S remake in Gen V to follow the pattern?

I wouldn't mind it, but it's not likely. Two instances doesn't make a pattern. Also, diving was awesome - just gonna throw it out there.

And wouldn't this make more sense in the upcoming games forum?

Probably after the battery dies.

How long does it even take for the battery to die on GBA games? I know GSC's battery lasted about seven years (and it's been seven years since R/S came out), but those were for the GB(C).

How long does it even take for the battery to die on GBA games? I know GSC's battery lasted about seven years (and it's been seven years since R/S came out), but those were for the GB(C).
No clue! But RSE has an internal clock and a lifespan. It's probably longer than GSC's lifespan, but how long exactly I have no idea.

They probably won't, and I think I'd be happy with it that way. Sapphire was my first game, and I think it'd be odd seeing it revamped.

They will make Hoenn a visitable region in BW via the airfield, eliminating the need for a remake.
I like your idea loads better. That sounds really awesome. I wouldn't want a full-on remake or anything like that, because it would feel unnecessary since the games still feel so new to me, but something like that I could live with. Probably won't happen though. I don't see them going back to Hoenn for a much longer time.

Considering you can transfer Pokémon from R/S to gen 4 and so most likely gen 5 from there, I don't think it's necessary. It'd be nice to see Hoenn again but I don't want a remake.

My internal battery on Sapphire has run down... every time I turn the game on it just says something like "The internal battery has run dry. The game can still be played, but time-based events will no longer occur". So I can't farm berries or anything like that, and it's annoying to have to scroll past that message every single time I access the main menu, but it's still playable. I thought after G/S/C they fixed it so that the game's save data isn't lost if the battery runs dry? I could be wrong, if there's some other battery I don't know about. Dunno why there'd be two though.

But, nope, doubt there'll be an RSE remake.

Last edited:
*RSE carts use flash memory for the saves, but they still have that battery for running the internal clock.

Anyway, am I like the only one who would like a RSE remake?
Though Magma and Aqua were sort of dumb (and why was that male admin named Tabitha?), I liked the different environments and some of the story elements.
Really, a remake wouldn't be that bad (though they screwed up a bit with HG/SS).

Besides, with the 3DS coming, who knows what Nintendo will do with one of its favourite cash cows? Hoenn in glorious full-3D?

*RSE carts use flash memory for the saves, but they still have that battery for running the internal clock.

Anyway, am I like the only one who would like a RSE remake?
Though Magma and Aqua were sort of dumb (and why was that male admin named Tabitha?), I liked the different environments and some of the story elements.
Really, a remake wouldn't be that bad (though they screwed up a bit with HG/SS).

Besides, with the 3DS coming, who knows what Nintendo will do with one of its favourite cash cows? Hoenn in glorious full-3D?

THIS THIS THIS...Ah, the idiotic Aqua...good times....

I don't think the'll remake R/S, but that Airfield thing is more likely.

I hope they don't do a "Well we could tell you what region the Airport takes you too but why don't you beat the league and find out yourself" On us. The region from the Airport (If there is one) is gunna be a big deciding factor on whether I get it for playing or my collection

I hope they don't do a "Well we could tell you what region the Airport takes you too but why don't you beat the league and find out yourself" On us. The region from the Airport (If there is one) is gunna be a big deciding factor on whether I get it for playing or my collection

lol, within like 24 hours of the Japanese release every single detail about the game will be all over the internet. You won't be left in the dark on a detail as big as that, trust me. Unless you want to be, I guess. :v

if they're going to make any remakes at all, it would be RS. It's the only one not yet on the DS, and they were released in 2002. That's eight years ago. :/

And I so want RSE remakes. It's my favourite generation.

Just put Hoenn in every generation onwards, just like they do with Kanto. Then it will feel nostalgiac enough for everyone to want.

I want RSE remakes/visit Hoenn. My favourite/first region (excluding Blue, since that was my cousins)

While it might seem like a pattern now, there are two major factors that makes the chances of a R/S remake very unlikely to me.

It's been ten years since G/S, and they horribly outdated by now, it's been eight years since R/S, but they aren't as outdated in comparison.

I'm not saying I don't WANT a R/S remake, as it wouldn't be too bad, but it seems most unlikely. If they made it a pattern, that would mean there would be a D/P remake in generation VI and how likely is that?

Back
Top Bottom