• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Should Pikachu evolve into a Raichu already?

Well?

• Yes! Raichu FTW!

Votes: 50 37.9%
  • Pikachu's fine as he is!

Votes: 51 38.6%
  • Why should I care?

Votes: 31 23.5%

• Total voters
I think Pikachu evolving would hurt the anime.

I agree. I too think that Pikachu evolving into Raichu would hurt the anime. Plus, it wouldn't be the same. If the creators wanted Pikachu to evolve it would have used the Thunderstone, but it refused to. I think Pikachu is fine as he is.

I think Pikachu should become all angsty and shit when it evolves, trying to kill itself in as many ways as possible in five minutes.

Then it turns out to be a filler and it never happened.

Yeah, but then he'd be big; fat; orange, and creepy-looking, he'd scare the shit out of little children and he'd give ash shoulder pains whenever he carried him around. xD

It's been a pikachu for over 10 years, I'm pretty sure Ash is still going to call it "Pikachu" even if it's a raichu. I know I still would. You say "Pikachu" and everyone thinks about that one particular pokemon, I doubt they'll do the same for raichu.

Well?

Personally I don't like Pikachu anymore, he's skinnier and less awesome. series 1 pikachu was the best. Its time to move on, they never will but should they?

I doubt this greatly. Pikachu is one of the defining traits of the Pokemon Anime, and possibly Pokemon in general. It would depend on how intensely the amount of fans would react to the change.

Raichu would Cramp Ash's style Plus Raichu is WAY too big to fit on ash's shoulder and Pikachu does not want to evolve either.
Plus if Pikachu evolved I'm sure Raichu would act alot different.

I doubt this greatly. Pikachu is one of the defining traits of the Pokemon Anime, and possibly Pokemon in general. It would depend on how intensely the amount of fans would react to the change.

Originally it was going to be a Clefairy... But they changed that due to some internal arguments with the producers :<

Pikachu should evolve, but stupid Ash dosen't evolve half his pokemon. A Raichu would be better, but he will always keep Pikachu and the rest of his team weak.

I'm really not sure. I think most of the older fans would appreciate the change, but the majority of the people who watch the anime like it almost entirely because of pikachu, and those people wouldn't like raichu because it's not as cute.

Pikachu should evolve, but stupid Ash dosen't evolve half his pokemon. A Raichu would be better, but he will always keep Pikachu and the rest of his team weak.

I always wondered why he never evolved most of his Pokemon. :(

Anyway, I think Pikachu should stay. I think it's been too long. If he had evolved early in the series, though, I don't think it would've mattered much.

No...just no, not at all, not now not ever.

Pikachu is Nintendo's symbol because as my valley girl friend would say it, "Ugh, Pikachu is like soooooooo like adorable, he like goes all like Pika like Pika. And it like causes like sooooooo many girls to like wear a t-shirt with like him on it"

Also Pikachu is small, and if it were to evolve the size would be enlarged. Not only Pikachu but all of Team Rockets contraptions would be enlarged. And that would be annoying and horrible.

It had denied evolving in the past, on two occasions one of them recently.

So if Pikachu we to evolve it would be like Bombsey's cooking, horrible, just horrible.

Pikachu is cute. D:

Otherwise, in the wild, Pikachu would most likely not run into Thunderstones too often (remember the Pikachu colony that Ash ran into in the very first season?). Besides, the stones supposedly trigger mutation (which thus triggers "evolution").

However, in the case of Pokemon like Pidgey and Charmander, who can evolve naturally by level (in the anime, experience and time), keeping them unevolved would be like a mild form of castration; they never fully mature.

I don't know. They shouldn't evolve him... but they SHOULD end the anime. It was cool in season 1-2 and so was Pikachu. But now... maybe it's just me.

Pokemon Advance was when Pikachu and pretty much every character got sucky.

they should have a vote where fans text yes or no to ########## and the start episode with ash either giving him the thunderstone or pikachu slapping it out of his hand

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom