• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Should Pikachu evolve into a Raichu already?

Well?

• Yes! Raichu FTW!

Votes: 50 37.9%
  • Pikachu's fine as he is!

Votes: 51 38.6%
  • Why should I care?

Votes: 31 23.5%

• Total voters
While Raichu is better than Pikachu; it doesn't matter about power, it's a matter of personal choice. I mean, the anime went through four generations. You'd think that if it was supposed to evolve Ash would have done so by now. But if Pikachu ever did evolve, it would probably be the end of the series.

Pikachu is the mascot of Pokemon, not it's later evolution, Raichu. It's too late to change it now. Besides, Pikachu would probably lose the insane speed in exchange for the power that Pikachu already has. And Pikachu simply refuses to evolve.

Actually, I think by now the only way to save it is to make a new anime.

Great idea! Get rid of Ash, Brock, etc. etc. etc... Of course, if they did that, we'd probably end up with Ash's great great grandson going on an identical adventure so they could remake the original season. If they did that it would probably die even more.

...To stay on topic, no Pikachu should not evolve, no matter who thinks how awesome it would be. It would ruin a huge franchise of products based after Pikachu, and there are most likely many more people against the idea than people for it. The people for it probably just like Raichu better because it's better in the games. (But that's just the feeling I get)

Last edited:
I suppose it wouldnt matter since the anime is as good as vomit (basically, it's not good at all). The only way I'd want to have a say in this is the original VAs were back and then I'd say something like:
Pikachu should stay Pikachu, for it would kill the Anime (a hard thing to come by in this state of the anime).

But if Pikachu ever did evolve, it would probably be the end of the series.

Because Pikachu is so overpowered now that if it evolved it would result in a burst of apocalyptic energy with the strength of all of the world's atomic bombs.

They should make a movie out of this concept.

Because Pikachu is so overpowered now that if it evolved it would result in a burst of apocalyptic energy with the strength of all of the world's atomic bombs.

They should make a movie out of this concept.

Now that would be epic.

" Pikachu's...evolving?!"
"PIKAA PIKAA"
*silence*
BOOM

Or something like that. Can someone suggest a better idea?

Well ash was faced with the same decision before(gym battle against LT.Surge)but he still stayed with pikachu cause thats the same form pikachu was in every journey,every movie,every episode,and every season...

Pika should stay think of
The games pikachu is DIRECTLY catchable in EVERY region
All the toys and stuff that features pikachu
Smash bros. *shot* pikachu was in all 3
Its not ash its pikachu itself.

Also as is evolving some pokemon in dp as of japan
Monferno
Grotle
Gliscor
Starraptor

Last edited:
Now that would be epic.They should make a movie out of this concept.

" Pikachu's...evolving?!"
"PIKAA PIKAA"
*silence*
BOOM

Or something like that. Can someone suggest a better idea?

I can try. Ahem.

Ash-Pikachu, what's that ya got there?
Brock-OMG it's Thunderstones. Like, as in 50 Thunderstones.
Ash-Yes! Now I can have an extremely overpowered Pokemon instead of just a normally overpowered one.
Dawn-OMG I SEE ARCEUS.
Ash-Go kill it, Raichu!
*everything explodes. Even in the real world.*
*Pokemon theme, along with random cheers and canned laughter can be heard in the distance.*

Going by how the anime usually is, I'm guessing that if Ash's Pikachu evolved, he'd have even more ridiculous "one-hit-KO things that Thundershock shouldn't even tickle" power... but he'd also never be able to win against an unevolved Pokémon ever again

Especially not another Pikachu. Unless maybe it belonged to Team Rocket.

I feel that it should evolve. Maybe it'll be like some of the other Pokemon in the series and go through a personality change and disobey Ash a little. Since Pikachu is usually wins all of the battles for Ash, it'd be nice to see that he would lose some battles due to the disobedience of his favorite Pokemon. That'd show him.

I like pikachu, it's cuter than Raichu, and its smaller. If they made it evolve, it wouldn't be able to sit on Ash's shoulder. But, I do think that it would save the TV show. Diamond and Pearl, or whatever it is now stinks. I couldn't bear to watch more than three episodes.

I think Pikachu evolving would make an amazing plot twist, but it would never happen for the same reason that Dawn used an Everstone on Piplup.

It's not cute/easily marketable if it evolves.

Im for the idea of pikachu evolving- the only reason I quit seeing the seies is that it's all about how mega powerful the little rat is.

I mean, I prefer Raichu because i think it looks better, has better stats, and isn't some fucking overrated rat.

They've already had several episodes that have shown that he doesn't want to evolve, and that Ash doesn't want to evolve him. Besides, he can actually achieve higher attack / special attack as a Pikachu if Ash were smart enough to give him a Light Ball.

Ash kinda cheated, though... Pikachu can't learn Volt Tackle - it has to be born with it. xD

I can try. Ahem.

Ash-Pikachu, what's that ya got there?
Brock-OMG it's Thunderstones. Like, as in 50 Thunderstones.
Ash-Yes! Now I can have an extremely overpowered Pokemon instead of just a normally overpowered one.
Dawn-OMG I SEE ARCEUS.
Ash-Go kill it, Raichu!
*everything explodes. Even in the real world.*
*Pokemon theme, along with random cheers and canned laughter can be heard in the distance.*

i got a better one:

Ash - Pikachu, why is that thunderstone so huge
*pikachu touches it*
Ash - awesome, let's test out your new power. GO, THUNDER!!!
*a lightning bolt slams the ground, then the camera zooms out to the world, then it blows up into small-ish chunks, zooms back into Ash*
Ash - That looked cool. Looks like nothing happened. Let's continue!

yes, just so this guy shuts the heck up!Plus, Raichu is awesomesos! =)

Also:

Ash:Pikachu, use Volt Tackle!*Pikachu trips on Thunderstone*
Pikachu:Piiiiiiiiiiiiikkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!*pikachu glows white*
Brock: I thought Pikachu could only evolve into Raichu.
Pokedex:Omegachu, the awesomesos Pokemon.The evolved form of a super awesomely overpowered Pikachu. It can destroy anything and learn any attack it wants to. So there. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ash:Holy %&@$ *BOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!*

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom