• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Should Pikachu evolve into a Raichu already?

Well?

• Yes! Raichu FTW!

Votes: 50 37.9%
  • Pikachu's fine as he is!

Votes: 51 38.6%
  • Why should I care?

Votes: 31 23.5%

• Total voters

Bombsii

IM ON THE ROAD ON THE ROAD TO VIRIDIAN CITYYYY~
Well?

Personally I don't like Pikachu anymore, he's skinnier and less awesome. series 1 pikachu was the best. Its time to move on, they never will but should they?

I think he almost did pretty recently.

Well...it's kind of hard. On the surface, it seems like a good idea, but then again, it seems like the kind of thing that could trigger a shark-jump. Who knows?

I don't care much for the anime, but even though I like Raichu as much as I do Pikachu, it's the freaking mascot. It's not going to happen, and I don't even want it to happen. Really, it's one of the only things I'd like not to change in the anime.

I don't care much for the anime, but even though I like Raichu as much as I do Pikachu, it's the freaking mascot. It's not going to happen, and I don't even want it to happen. Really, it's one of the only things I'd like not to change in the anime.
Same here. I can't see him changing, and I guess it would put a load of pika fans off the anime or something.

I think Pikachu evolving would hurt the anime. and I don't believe that Pikachu will change his mind anyway.

I want Pikachu to evolve, but I already know it'll never happen. If he hasn't wanted to evolve at this point in the anime, then it'll never happen.

It seems like evolving might hurt his identity. We've had so many episodes of Pikachu, with so much merchandise of that particular iconic one, and Pikachu seems to enjoy staying as a Pikachu.
It would put some fans off and probably lead to a bunch of people lamenting about how they changed it. It wouldn't feel right to me, as interesting as it would be to see him evolve, to have him as a Raichu, unless it was some epic, dramatic thing that gave way to an awesome, less childish anime...

Well...it's kind of hard. On the surface, it seems like a good idea, but then again, it seems like the kind of thing that could trigger a shark-jump. Who knows?

I thought that it did shark-jump during the Johto series. Now it has gotten better during D/P, but it'll never, at least in my eyes, get as good as it used to be. D/P has to be my second favorite, since I'm a sucker for the original series even if it is inferior.

Pikachu should definetly stay as s/he is.

I agree that s/he has been put on some kind of diet, which saddens me; one of the charms of the Chu line is that they're all chubby~

Well, that and the fact that every (female) kid's character from the 80's, from Strawberry Shortcake to the My Little Ponies, seems to have been remade with more skinny and bigger eyes. Which saddens me.

Pikachu should definetly stay as s/he is.

I agree that s/he has been put on some kind of diet, which saddens me; one of the charms of the Chu line is that they're all chubby~

Well, that and the fact that every (female) kid's character from the 80's, from Strawberry Shortcake to the My Little Ponies, seems to have been remade with more skinny and bigger eyes. Which saddens me.
D: Yep, I don't want Pikachu obese, just a little chubbier, like he used to be.
Anyways, I thought it was amusing as when viewing the forums the last post in Pokemon Anime section read 'Should Pikachu evolve into a...' with Dannichu in the last poster's place. x3

I thought that it did shark-jump during the Johto series. Now it has gotten better during D/P, but it'll never, at least in my eyes, get as good as it used to be. D/P has to be my second favorite, since I'm a sucker for the original series even if it is inferior.

Yeah, true. Johto was near a jump because it was Filler City, but D/P has almost redeemed the series.

Pikachu evolving is just one of those things that would make viewers say "No...no effin' way". Basically, one defining shark-jump moment. I like Raichu more than Pikachu, but I think Ash's Pikachu should stay the way it is.

Ayame said:
Anyways, I thought it was amusing as when viewing the forums the last post in Pokemon Anime section read 'Should Pikachu evolve into a...' with Dannichu in the last poster's place. x3

Now that would make for some hilarious anime XD

"Use your Rainbow Attack!"

it should evolve in the last episode. that'd be a great ending for the anime. they could never resurrect the damn thing if that happened.

an idea of mine is when they finally kill off the pokemon anime (like that'll happen soon) they should kill it by some evil person force evolving pikachu and he runs away for ever :D

Back
Top Bottom