• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Snom Mafia

I like mp7's methodical and analytic approach this game 😄 I feel like she's genuinely just puzzling things out, and although she had some rl stuff happening in Cats I think, in retrospect it felt odd in Cats (where she was wolf) that she would offer to ISO and post reads and then vanish a lot with not much followup. In this game, she feels far more involved

FWIW, if I had to pick someone other than Keldeo to townlean it would also be Trebek. In my case it's based in no small part on his #109:
the real question is, if town decides to try to yeet someone today, it will be interesting to see how mafia react around the wagons, since they know how it will affect their popularity and we don’t
which is really not something I would expect the mafia to want to bring to our attention, except as some sort of mega-weird gambit centring around a popularity-affecting role, or I guess if they thought it would be super-obvious to us (hahahahaha) and wanted to bring it up first for townie points.

This seems like it will be an important post at some point in the game.
what do you mean by this?

At this moment I don't think kokorico and Trebek are both town.
i may just be smooth braining rn, but how did you come to this conclusion?

I think it is probable that if koko is wolf that he is TMI reading you as town there, but I also have my pre-existing thoughts about you being a wolf.
ok, that makes sense! my smooth brain was that i forgot that you had pre existing thoughts about me :p
Oh, right, that makes sense. I admittedly could be wrong about you... starting to fade on that opinion.
i was going to ask this earlier but forgot. you mentioned my earlier posts sounding awkward, what about them seemed that way? mostly asking this to have a point of self-reference in the future <3

I like mp7's methodical and analytic approach this game 😄 I feel like she's genuinely just puzzling things out, and although she had some rl stuff happening in Cats I think, in retrospect it felt odd in Cats (where she was wolf) that she would offer to ISO and post reads and then vanish a lot with not much followup. In this game, she feels far more involved
Yeah, admittedly that was a very strange game for me from a timing perspective; I usually post more as either alignment.

FWIW, if I had to pick someone other than Keldeo to townlean it would also be Trebek. In my case it's based in no small part on his #109:
the real question is, if town decides to try to yeet someone today, it will be interesting to see how mafia react around the wagons, since they know how it will affect their popularity and we don’t
which is really not something I would expect the mafia to want to bring to our attention, except as some sort of mega-weird gambit centring around a popularity-affecting role, or I guess if they thought it would be super-obvious to us (hahahahaha) and wanted to bring it up first for townie points.

I think it is probable that if koko is wolf that he is TMI reading you as town there, but I also have my pre-existing thoughts about you being a wolf.
ok, that makes sense! my smooth brain was that i forgot that you had pre existing thoughts about me :p
Oh, right, that makes sense. I admittedly could be wrong about you... starting to fade on that opinion.
i was going to ask this earlier but forgot. you mentioned my earlier posts sounding awkward, what about them seemed that way? mostly asking this to have a point of self-reference in the future <3
I'm glad you asked. In the moment, it just read like... you were giving almost *too much* thought to what you were posting, in a particularly nervous way. It could even mean that you're town actually. But for some reason it didn't seem to match my pre-conceived notion of your energy in the other game. I'll have to mull over it some more.

I'm glad you asked. In the moment, it just read like... you were giving almost *too much* thought to what you were posting, in a particularly nervous way. It could even mean that you're town actually. But for some reason it didn't seem to match my pre-conceived notion of your energy in the other game. I'll have to mull over it some more.
thanks!

and yeah, i'm still trying to figure out what energy i want to have in these games, so i wouldnt be surprised if reads like this keep happening for a bit :p

thanks!

and yeah, i'm still trying to figure out what energy i want to have in these games, so i wouldnt be surprised if reads like this keep happening for a bit :p

That's totally fair. What do you think you learned from Cats that you want to apply to your methods here?

Okay, maybe I'm seeing where mew was coming from with Blu. The tone and non-related-mafia posts could be theroetically easy enough to replicate as wolf.
ftr i'm still townreading blu on gut, i just mean that i will probably not be the one to catch him if he continues with the same tone because i will be pocketed lmao

thanks!

That's totally fair. What do you think you learned from Cats that you want to apply to your methods here?
i mentioned this earlier, but i came into this game trying to worry less about the things i was bad at (i.e. early play and personality reads) and just go with the things that make sense

the frustrating thing about the mistakes i made towards the end of Cats is that i dont really know what i would have to change in order for me to not make that same mistaken thought process again

@M Plus 7 - Nice to see you earlier! Do you have any thoughts on the game so far? What do you think your general strategy is going to be?

@kokorico

Circling back to this.

My general strategy will be close to how I usually play as town. Behavioral reads based on body of work/ISOing and/or occasional posts that strike me as notable. Constant re-assessment. Solving the game via POE and towncore.

If you were looking for mechanical input, I apologize to disappoint. I'd be curious in the answer to your own question here.

thanks!

i mentioned this earlier, but i came into this game trying to worry less about the things i was bad at (i.e. early play and personality reads) and just go with the things that make sense

the frustrating thing about the mistakes i made towards the end of Cats is that i dont really know what i would have to change in order for me to not make that same mistaken thought process again

I appreciate this answer. Let's try to talk more about it later. Fwiw I believe in you though.

lol tbf. as we have discussed. i think we just got wrecked in cats for some reasons beyond our control and less because of you screwing up directly (more because of my one (1) mistaken clear)
maybe that is not the way i should be thinking about it, but i like being able to sleep at night,

Back
Top Bottom