• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Snom Mafia

gurgles anxiously because i was like "i'm gonna reread the whole thread!" and now we're an hour away from eod and i'm on page 17. note to self not to do this next time. how tf did anyone survive early cats mafia

sande, if you can't read everything, maybe you could ISO Superjolt and tell me what you think? Or give your thoughts on the early part of the thread?

@Bluwiikoon just curious, when you were writing your ISO on Trebek, did you already have in mind everything that you pointed out, or did you come up with it as you were reading? Is there anything that gives you hesitation on him?

--

Pulling up Superjolt posts:

Looking at koko - I still think the keldeo read was a little quick because that keldeo post doesn’t seem like it could be outside his scum meta but I’m also not sure if scum!koko would go for such a quick read? I feel like Koko sounded kind of unsure of eirself in eir posts last game as scum (at least from what I remember, or maybe that was in the early game?) but sounds pretty confident this time around. Kind of unsure here though, I also didn’t really follow the read on blu

Also speaking of koko and questions for me: (no quote sorry but it was in 244) I’m kind of against it for reasons others said and also similar to mewtini I like seeing how votes/ wagons come together and looking at those later @kokorico
Bluwiikoon - mentioned already that I get the same kind of pure Vibes as last game and this hasn’t changed (though Blu did feel a little more solvey on D1 in Cats I thought)

Mist - no opinion here, guess they never came in to give those Takes(tm)

sanderidge - I kind of want to say sande feels pure on tone (kind of similar to Blu but also maybe less so and with an asterisk that she does have more experience... if this makes sense? maybe need to revisit later)

kyeugh - kind of gave thoughts above already

kokorico - gave thoughts here too, still unsure here

Ysabel - seems alright so far? Her reads felt genuine at least. I did skim tho so maybe need to check over again

Keldeo - feels good so far and I don’t think I’ve had a problem with any of the questions he’s asked. I will note that I kind of felt the same way in Cats about him early on though. I also don’t support the wagon he’s started! On a serious note though not entirely sure how I feel about his vote on me, I think it would have been stronger if he had coupled it with more than just getting me to contribute, which I would have done anyway even without a vote (unless there’s actually more to it and I’m already forgetting)

mewtini- Getting similar vibes to last game where she was town so I think town

Trebek- thought he seemed ok early on but not sure now, he was tough to read last game

404 not found - Julia, Mr ultracool , m+7

hmm this feels like too many unsures/nulls... but this is where I’m at

Liiiight townlean for now on Emmy for #114 because I like that she asked this question in the middle of all the sillyposting, I think trying to spark serious discussion when things are mostly Not Serious looks good. I like mewtini based on tone so far, same goes for Blu and I like the excitement from Blu, so townleans there. Also kind of like Herbe who sounds legit excited to have rolled town. And if we're hypoclaiming, then Herbe is defintiely a lean green townie machine! Not sure about Seshas, kind of want to keep an eye there going forward maybe?

Quite a lack of voting so far, wish there were some votes being tossed around because it would help with vibes/reads (or at least for me!)
Up to page 18 and I see that Keldeo kind of has the same thoughts/reads that I had (esp. on mewtini and Blu, and later others have similar thoughts as well so I'm glad I'm not the only one there. I like mewtini more as I go as she seems to get more solvey (also thanks to mewtini for pointing out pages/posts to me!)

Seshas is someone I really want to reread/ISO

I feel like I should have some opinion on kyeugh at this point but I kind of don't so she's maybe worth a reread too? I do see more posts from her coming up after Keldeo's vote so maybe that will help out a bit

Also want to reread rari posts

Keldeo seems okay for now. I do like that he voted to get people talking (and for the record I do agree with Keldeo that it's never too early to vote!). I'm good with him being town for now.

ILS seemed to get town reads for flavor spec for some reason, and then even pointed out himself that it's not something that should warrant a town read but he doesn't really do anything else? Like, I feel like that should have been paired with something else like "you're right that me flavor spec'ing doesn't mean anything, now let me actually Do Things!" but he really doesn't do anything else, and the next time he posts is in reaction to Keldeo's vote on Trebek I think? I'm pretty tired now so idk if this makes sense. Part of me wonders if this may not be a bad place to vote?

I feel like I've got a handful of town, and then a ton of nulls but like not really any scum reads at this point so I feel like I'm missing something

Meh yeah I guess Superjolt was more confident or existent early in Cats. There's a decent gap in depth between the reads he gave here and, say, his read on ILS in this last post I quote.

I think the towniest thing Superjolt has done is maybe his question on Skylar because like... hmm... I guess it indicates that he was thinking "Skylar seems less towny than last time, what do people think of her?" here, but didn't talk about it until later. Background thought process.

While I’m here and thinking about it: where are people’s heads at on skylar rn? Just to see thoughts on this when I read up

Also, I'm on koko town right now, and mafia Superjolt probably could jump on koko instead of hedging out of an initial bad impression in that first post.

Thanks! I have a bunch of questions for you:

Are these ordered within tiers?
Nominally, yes, I tried to order them. But especially in the Grey Area (tm), it's honestly pretty arbitrary. For, uh, obvious reasons.

Who were the "several people" who pushed back on the Trebek read, iirc it was mostly me? Do you have any read on his recent real-time posting with MP7?
I think mewt and MP7 both made the same point? Don't quote me on that - I didn't note down the posts where it happened and it's not the sort of thing that's very easy to search for.

By the real-time posting, do you mean the stuff on page 25? (I wasn't there when it happened so I didn't realise it was real-time.) If so, I'm not really getting anything out of it at all, either when I initially read it or now I look over it again. There are only a few posts and the only thing that seems vaguely AI from either of them is the fact that M+7 was trying to establish a read on him at all. Am I missing something?

Could I ask you to go a bit more in depth about your sande and Superjolt feels?
Sure. My sanderidge thoughts haven't really changed much since what I said earlier, that she didn't react as if w/w with Bluwiikoon and had made a couple of towny posts. Slightly later on, she presented a slightly disorganised list of reads that lined up pretty well with my own, even though I hadn't talked about all of them in-thread yet. That made me feel a little more confident both in them and in her. But I don't have anything I would consider strong evidence either way yet.

Superjolt is probably the most scum-looking person at the moment, but that could also plausibly just be a lack of time/experience/interest. For example, he popped in very briefly at the start of the Day when it seemed like he might be coming under the microscope for inactivity, but didn't stick around for long. More recently, his reads list was really very thin on information and most people's entries boiled down to "idk". I was also a little bemused when, in response to my question about his opinion on the representatives idea, he cited mewtini's argument against it - but she didn't make that argument until after I asked the question!

(will continue from here in the next post because this is getting long and I want to get the above out there so you have a chance to read it with less EoD time pressure)

Mewtini, can you go a little more into the tonal differences between Cats Superjolt and here Superjolt? I may be excusing the depth difference too much because of the different circumstances, but I do think the circumstances are different enough... going off memory and like a 5-minute ISO skim of Cats, so I’ll dive back into that if I have time.
i think you kind of covered them in your post just now, haha. it might just be an availability/rushedness issue, i just thought that, at face value, his reads here sounded way more (shrug) and that he actually did reach some conclusions in his catsposting beyond "sounds like cats"/"doesn't sound like cats" and i'd rather roll with that gut lean than lynch an inactive on d1 for reasons i described earlier

@Superjolt I don't believe Ysabel gave a detailed explanation for voting you. If you didn't have self-preservation in mind, who would you vote?

Also, I'm on koko town right now, and mafia Superjolt probably could jump on koko instead of hedging out of an initial bad impression in that first post.
Would he want to do that...? Not sure.

I don't... think his hedge is inherently scummy. I think the way in which he totally negated some of his reads with "but I'm not sure" could be.

he actually did reach some conclusions in his catsposting beyond "sounds like cats"/"doesn't sound like cats"
this was sort of stupid given that cats was his first exposure to all of us, but my point is that he did display some ability to quickly read/draw information out of people's casualposting

Man, I have too many townreads.

By the real-time posting, do you mean the stuff on page 25? (I wasn't there when it happened so I didn't realise it was real-time.) If so, I'm not really getting anything out of it at all, either when I initially read it or now I look over it again. There are only a few posts and the only thing that seems vaguely AI from either of them is the fact that M+7 was trying to establish a read on him at all. Am I missing something?
Sure. I thought his tone was pretty good, and the way he walked back his MP7 read seemed ~considerate.

Superjolt is probably the most scum-looking person at the moment, but that could also plausibly just be a lack of time/experience/interest. For example, he popped in very briefly at the start of the Day when it seemed like he might be coming under the microscope for inactivity, but didn't stick around for long. More recently, his reads list was really very thin on information and most people's entries boiled down to "idk". I was also a little bemused when, in response to my question about his opinion on the representatives idea, he cited mewtini's argument against it - but she didn't make that argument until after I asked the question!
Ugh, someone tell me whether this is pushing something that makes Superjolt look like mafia or something that makes Superjolt mafia.

Having a bit of trouble gauging kyeugh tbh. I guess I'd expect more pointed suspicions or pushes from her as mafia...? This is what I called agendaedness last night. I guess you could say that her talking about reasons to not townread like me / mewtini / Blu fits that mold, but I also think what she pointed out is reasonable about everyone.
i agree with you on her lack of agenda atm ... are you like, not actively townreading her despite not seeing her wolfgame here? it sounds like you're sort of in between
(this is kind of not EoD related but it looks like it's sort of slow anyway?)

@M Plus 7 questions for when you get back

Am I in your top tier because you're actively townreading me or because you just don't want to kill me today? If the former, can you talk
a bit about why? I kind of expected you to be more paranoid of me.

Which of Ysabel's reads seem forced to you?

Can you clarify what you mean when you say koko seemed to be TMIing Blu, since you're townreading Blu but e had a scumread / batted down townreads on Blu?

Both to varying extents. Tinfoil can go fuck off. Your posts are genuine.

Uhhh let me go back and see what night gal was talking about with those other two things, I don't remember.

Ugh, someone tell me whether this is pushing something that makes Superjolt look like mafia or something that makes Superjolt mafia.
i think the first two things are kind of legit but the last bit is insignificant (i think koko's been doing that kind of a lot tbh, i'm not sure how i feel about it yet)

@M Plus 7 questions for when you get back

Am I in your top tier because you're actively townreading me or because you just don't want to kill me today? If the former, can you talk
a bit about why? I kind of expected you to be more paranoid of me.

Which of Ysabel's reads seem forced to you?

Can you clarify what you mean when you say koko seemed to be TMIing Blu, since you're townreading Blu but e had a scumread / batted down townreads on Blu?

Both to varying extents. Tinfoil can go fuck off. Your posts are genuine.

Uhhh let me go back and see what night gal was talking about with those other two things, I don't remember.

Actually, how much should I prioritize this right now?

vote Mr. Ultracool I guess

Superjolt hedges in most of his takes in #369 (mewtini and Ysabel are the only ones without some sort of qualifier). I kind of think this is a him thing regardless of his alignment, he wasn't able to say much more confidently after a bit more posting in early Cats... I appreciate him giving the thoughts at least and want to unvote because let's give him another day here.

Eh? I seem to recall there being more of a difference. I can go look.

To be clear again I'm like, fine with Superjolt dying but... I feel like he might be more likely to display his alignment either way than Mr. Ultracool? Hmm.

Having a bit of trouble gauging kyeugh tbh. I guess I'd expect more pointed suspicions or pushes from her as mafia...? This is what I called agendaedness last night. I guess you could say that her talking about reasons to not townread like me / mewtini / Blu fits that mold, but I also think what she pointed out is reasonable about everyone.
i agree with you on her lack of agenda atm ... are you like, not actively townreading her despite not seeing her wolfgame here? it sounds like you're sort of in between
(this is kind of not EoD related but it looks like it's sort of slow anyway?)
Ehh I'm at like... I don't want to yeet her today. She could be mafia, I don't think it'd be impossible for her to be posting the way she has been as mafia when she seemed to be going to take it easy this game anyway and she's a good wolf. Probably "actively" leaning town if I had to pin something down.

Back
Top Bottom