• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Snom Mafia

maybe we just have differing opinions on what constitutes a PoE then

other than that i really don’t know how i can respond to any of this in a way that i haven’t tried before, so i’m probably just gonna bail thread and pop up again around EoD

if i die i die but it’s not worth it to keep saying the same things and have them be ignored

(happy birthday keldeo! and hi rari and i think mawile has also been reading along! hi!!)

anyway i am posting to say i have been reading along and thinking about things but i don't really have anything coherent to offer right now. mostly i'm thinking that the last two times i developed opinions on my own they turned out to be wrong :p so i'm kiiind of tempted to go along with the general trebek-ish vibes? which goes against my own vibing - i haven't actually been feeling that weird about trebek compared to the way i was suspicious at others earlier in the game - but again the last two times i had My Own Opinions they were not right. so. idk.

i'm probably going to go through his iso at some point? maybe tonight? bc i don't really get what trebek and mewt were talking about with wagonomics. but i've been refreshing this thread a lot and i didn't get to nap today so i am taking a break for now

First off, Trebek, it's not personal ^^' I really dislike doing that, voting for you, but like, going off of how not everyone can be town...
Idk. Do you see any other possible logic?

Some quick takes here, it’s not much but probably the best I can do for now (I kind of started skimming everything)

Bluwiikoon - mentioned already that I get the same kind of pure Vibes as last game and this hasn’t changed (though Blu did feel a little more solvey on D1 in Cats I thought) umm could this be considered hedging?

Mist - no opinion here, guess they never came in to give those Takes(tm)

sanderidge - I kind of want to say sande feels pure on tone (kind of similar to Blu but also maybe less so and with an asterisk that she does have more experience... if this makes sense? maybe need to revisit later) also hedging?

kyeugh - kind of gave thoughts above already

kokorico - gave thoughts here too, still unsure here

Ysabel - seems alright so far? Her reads felt genuine at least. I did skim tho so maybe need to check over again I thought maybe this could mean why I got the positive popularity. Still wondering why maf would give it to me but *shrug* maybe they underestimated me? Bc to be fair everyone was giving neutral reads?

Keldeo - feels good so far and I don’t think I’ve had a problem with any of the questions he’s asked. I will note that I kind of felt the same way in Cats about him early on though. I also don’t support the wagon he’s started! On a serious note though not entirely sure how I feel about his vote on me, I think it would have been stronger if he had coupled it with more than just getting me to contribute, which I would have done anyway even without a vote (unless there’s actually more to it and I’m already forgetting)

mewtini- Getting similar vibes to last game where she was town so I think town

Trebek- thought he seemed ok early on but not sure now, he was tough to read last game hmmm

404 not found - Julia, Mr ultracool , m+7

hmm this feels like too many unsures/nulls... but this is where I’m at

Umm if I had questions for anyone I honestly can’t remember anymore my brain is so fried at this point lmao. Also screw you xenforo for eating part of this post somehow and making me type that part again!

I have to get up early and I’m dreading it D:

so now I sleep...
*shrug* basically 'I feel good about Blu, mewtini and Ysabel, unsure about the rest'

The only thing I'm having second thoughts about is Mist saying they're VT but not regognizing the thing about the true calling thing from Trebek's post? But that would mean I didn't trust Sande. And why didn't Trebek mention this... He just sort of seemed to give up?

i was wondering that about mist too tbh. then again if they haven't been keeping up (and it seems like they've been kind of in and out of the thread) then i guess it could be looked over ... ? i didn't recognize the thing at first and only caught it on reread so idk

Reactions: Ys_
mrrrh i skimmed trebek's iso and collected quotes for looking at/posting later but i don't know how i feel about actually putting vibes into Thoughts rn

reading it feels kind of like the thoughts have a lot of possible directions but i can't always follow how they get resolved/acted on?? so i think i'm going to have to actually sit down and read it thoroughly tomorrow morning. i'm still kind of nervous about how i'm putting together my own thoughts bc even when i felt more confident (especially when i was looking at mist's iso) things didn't turn out the way i thought. for that one, i was trying to look at content and not really the tone of posts + look at interactions... so maybe i should try to focus on something different for looking at trebek's? but if i don't look at those idk how i'm supposed to come to any conclusions at all. maybe i Should be tonereading but the last time i did that i was feeling iffy about ysabel and that also didn't turn out the way i thought it would.

idk. i don't feel like i know what i'm doing and i don't really trust my ability to figure things out anymore. but i also feel like not thinking at all could get me to make stupid decisions. although i could always Only trust people i've checked

i'm going to have to sleep on it i think

The only thing I'm having second thoughts about is Mist saying they're VT but not regognizing the thing about the true calling thing from Trebek's post? But that would mean I didn't trust Sande. And why didn't Trebek mention this... He just sort of seemed to give up?
I recognized it but didn't call it out specifically because I wasn't sure how far within the rules it was

I'm having a hard time buying sande's Naive Cop claim because I kind of feel like a GM wouldn't tell a cop if they have sanity shenanigans? I haven't spectated too many games, but any cops I've seen with strange sanity rules have been unaware of it. :( Presumably, all that a Naive Cop would be able to do in this game is just know whether someone has positive or negative popularity.

i am, first and foremost, a dumbass
second i am a naive cop who gets red checks on anyone with negative popularity
i checked keldeo n0, ysabel n1, and mist last night
i have not gotten any red results lmfao so
i don't think i'm very likely to I Die Now but i wouldn't be surprised if i did
Keldeo has already perished and is thus easy to fake a green check on IMO. If Ysabel is town (I sure hope so! The cluuub!), that's also easy to fake a green on, and potentially a TMI is sande is wolf.

If my tinhatting is reasonably accurate, kyeugh got rolecopped N0 and learned about it thanks to her role, then MP7 probably got checked N1, and maybe actually Mist last Night. In which case, if Mist is truly part of our Club, that's a green check for sure. One thing of note is that Mist didn't claim to be part of the Club yesterDay, so logically they would make sense as a target to rolecop to scout out power roles.

I'm nervous about putting too much weight behind my own thoughts, but I promised I'd try to play more strongly! And I gotta follow my gut! And my gut says... needs more hydration. 😄

sanderidge

Reactions: Ys_
Votecount (#1292):
Trebek | 2 | Ysabel (#1267), mewtini (#1271)
sanderidge | 1 | Bluwiikoon (#1291)

Mist1422 votes sanderidge [->1] (#1159)
Trebek votes sanderidge [->2] (#1165)
Mist1422 unvotes sanderidge [1->] (#1240)
Trebek unvotes sanderidge [0->] (#1264)

Ysabel votes Trebek [->1] (#1267)
mewtini votes Trebek [->2] (#1271)
Bluwiikoon votes sanderidge [->1] (#1291)

I do have a gun now but it has no bullets so I'm still VT, I think. May try to display it in my house or something ^^ A little display case, or maybe something to hang it on the wall

Thing is, that would make us 5 VTs, 6 if you believe Koko could have been a VT too? Ehh maybe.
@mewt and Mist: fair enough.
@Blu I agree on the naive cop thing but maybe it makes sense if Seshas intended for the popularity changing role to be used more? Do you trust everyone who has claimed being part of the club?
On Trebek: the thing with him is people mentioned his awkward posting but MP said she felt better about him after a while, and [... head empty. I know I made an ISO on him before.]

@Trebek I don't know if you clarified but what did you expect with the wagon movement? Which you mentioned in D1?

:'D i don't really know what i can do here, blu, bc everything you're suspicious about is stuff i can't do anything about? i could try to explain the logic behind my targets again but it's really just targeting keldeo because i'm scared of how good he is + targeting the people i was most suspicious of that Day so i could know if i was right.

although, i think i could try asking a question? why would a wolf make up a naive cop claim instead of just saying cop?? that would simplify what they had to say (and presumably what they had to keep track of), and that would've gotten rid of any suspicions about "why do you know about your sanity stuff".

:'D... idk what else i can do here. i'm going to go try to Have Thoughts on trebek's iso

Also lol @ me not being cleared by now.
If I was mafia I had two opportunities to not vote SJ. I.could have voted Mist or Ultracool instead. Or just not vote. It wouldn't have been too hard since there were already townies on those wagons. Maybe you could be more sus of me if I had done that but it would have bought maf an extra day..?

:'D i don't really know what i can do here, blu, bc everything you're suspicious about is stuff i can't do anything about? i could try to explain the logic behind my targets again but it's really just targeting keldeo because i'm scared of how good he is + targeting the people i was most suspicious of that Day so i could know if i was right.

although, i think i could try asking a question? why would a wolf make up a naive cop claim instead of just saying cop?? that would simplify what they had to say (and presumably what they had to keep track of), and that would've gotten rid of any suspicions about "why do you know about your sanity stuff".

:'D... idk what else i can do here. i'm going to go try to Have Thoughts on trebek's iso
That's a good point! You implied that a Naive Cop would get accurate checks unless their target had negative popularity, right? I could view this as a smart gambit, wherein you could theoretically get a red check on someone with no visible popularity modifiers toMorrow and then create a wagon against an actual townie. Thereafter you could be like "oops! Must have been my naivety!" if the game lasted another day after that.

This could be tunnelling but I so badly want to trust the Club. 😭 Ride or die for my bros!!!

That's a good point! You implied that a Naive Cop would get accurate checks unless their target had negative popularity, right?
yeah!! ... i think! because my role pm doesn't actually say that in that way - it says i'll learn whether or not the target is aligned with mafia, and that if a player has less than 0 popularity they will appear as mafia. there's no text that guarantees i have accurate checks above 0 :'D which is why i've been a tiny bit paranoid that there's stuff going on that i actually haven't been told about (which might explain why i haven't gotten any red checks >:/ and was also why i panicked when ysabel said stuff about mafia chat being open during the day, bc i thought maybe her positive popularity that day made the check return green when she actually wasn't).

for the record, i Do Not currently think that i get all green above 0 and all red below 0 because i feel like that's bastardly + there's other stuff that clears ysabel, like she's posted above, but nervousness about my role Is a thing that's been kind of haunting me.

Back
Top Bottom