• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

So how would you guys feel about "Members of the Year"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some idea I had. When we're close to the end of the year, we can vote for our members in different categories, like "Spriter of the Year" "Avatar of the Year" etc. (It's of course all in good fun, so don't make too much out of it)

Sure, it would not really be a "year" because of the old forum breakdown, but anyway:

Here are the categories.

Spriter of the Year
Sprite Reviewer of the Year
RPG'er of the Year
Cute Kid of the Year
Ninja of the Year
Poster of the Year
Forum Gamer of the Year
Weirdo of the Year
Sweetie of the Year
User Title of the Year
Signature of the Year
Funny Person of the Year
Artist of the Year
Artwork Reviewer of the Year
Gamer of the Year
Writer of the Year
Literature Reviewer of the Year
Poet of the Yaer
Admin/Mod of the Year(only for admins/mods)
Newbie of the Year(must have joined this year)

So what do you think, and more importantly, what does the mods think?
Any new categories that should be added, or any that should be taken away?

Last edited:
Dunno if this is the best idea. Seems as if this could cause some drama.

I like it. I used to be a member at a forum with a 'Member of the Month'. It was fun and everyone was a good sport about it.

...You might want to switch those categories from Norwegian to English, though. :P

Rule #12: No popularity contests.
Don't make member awards, "Do you like (insert member here)" polls, etc. Administrators may approve of threads that could be classified as such if they see fit.

But hey, if the admininstrators give the okay, go ahead.

WHOOPS! Really messed up there. All the English categories were at the old, deleted thread... *embarrassed*

CHANGING THEM NOW.

Edit: All changed.

Last edited:
I'd be up for it~

May I suggest a reviewer award for Spriting, Artwork, and Literature? It'd be nice to give reconginition to those who bother posting in most threads with helpful advice.

I... thought these weren't allowed? I dunno. It sounds like something that'll get the drama llama riled up again.
Watch out, he spits.

Looks like something that'd cause a lot of drama. What's the point, really? How do you judge "Cutie" "Weirdo" and "Sweetie" ...?

We tried this at the old forums (early IF? I can't remember) and I remember Butterfree getting annoyed and locking it, so it's pretty unlikely you'll get one.

If you must do this at all, I suggest you reduce the number of different awards to roughly ten. Some of those categories are obscure.

We did this at another forum I go to and it was awesome
But there are only 30 or so active members and we're all friends so its different

Since this forum is massive its more like a popularity/who can suck up the most contest

well the problem is I'd win everything because I am that awesome

so I mean you can do it but the whole forum would be jealous of me ;)

What exactly is ninja of the year? :/

Forum gamer of the year = person who posted the most during that year

You know, this wouldn't bother me at all, and I can't remember why this sort of thing was banned in the first place. Did we actually get people kicking up a fuss about light-hearted forum member "awards"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom