• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Stupid things you thought were true

Cute little east Shellos evolved into Gastrodon, which evolved into Lapras.

And that if you took the Spiky Pichu into Ilex Forest and checked the house thing, you'd get an egg that would hatch into a Celebi.

That last one above actually makes sense.

I thought you took the Pikachu-Pichu to the Shrine, got Spiky-Pichu, came back later that week with Spiky-Pichu and got Celebi. Then did the cutscene thingy.

I used to think that types weren't important as long as your starter is a high enough level. (sadly this was proven to a degree when my level 70 Sceptile one-hit latias in my sapphire version...)

East Gastrodon evolved into Lapras. Makes sense!

Dratini was a Water type. Dragonair didn't evolve. In fact, I didn't know Dragonite existed until my Dragonair reached 55. It was before Mahogany, I 'ave enough patience to play Voltorb Flip.

...Nothin' much else. Just that, really.

pokes2.png

Hippopotas and Hippowdon were worse.

OMG, tons of stuff (Mostly due to a "nerdy" 6-year old friend who really did think all of this was true):

~ Magcargo evolved into Torkoal
~ Latios and Latias, when put in the daycare, made baby Lugias
~ Of course, the obligatory button-mashing-to-catch-a-Pokemon stuff.
~ There was a super-rare Pokemon that new all eight HM's in exactly one spot in R/S on a given time of the week.
~ Groudon and Kyogre were actually called Ruby and Sapphire.
~ The Trick Master, after you've completed all his challenges, hid in a secret passage in Victory road.
~ Female Hippowdon were shiny.
~ The first shiny Pokemon I ever found (a Linoone) was a glitch. So I slaughtered it with the strongest Pokemon in my arsenal.
~ The Scorched Slab held the secret to getting Mew in R/S.
~ Dragon-types were weak against water. The fire and such...
~ Gastly was a split-evolution that tied in with Cloyster.
~ Poliwhirl and Poliwrath were the same Pokemon.
~ If you got a team of six Pokemon to lvl. 100, they would all have a simultaneous evolution and merge into one ultimate Pokemon.
~ All the Pokegods were real, and each one could be obtained for every ten times you beat the Pokemon league.
~ The Ho-oh that flew over Ash in the first episode of the anime was not a Ho-oh, but rather a Fearow evolution named Leerow.
~ There was a way to obtain a custom-colored red, white, and blue Pikachu by some crazy means that involved leaving your game on and unattended for 24 hours straight. Needless to say, I stopped believing every single one of this kid's rumors after this.
~ And probably the coup de gras, ZapMolCuno (yes, that Team Rocket experiment in the manga) was apparently obtainable, by means of obtaining all three legendary birds in R/B and then trading them to R/S. Then they’d all fuse together. Yeah.

Oh, when I was like six I saw two Pokémon figures in one pack in Argos or something. It was a Gengar and a Meowth, and after I saw that I ran off to my brother and was all "OH MY GOD DID YOU KNOW THAT MEOWTH EVOLVES INTO THIS THING THAT LOOKS LIKE HAUNTER, BUT WITH LEGS AND SPIKES ALL OVER ITS BACK?!" I didn't believe it for long, but, uh, yeah.

I'm fully aware now that A+B+Down does not in fact do anything to make catching pokemon easier, but... I still do it. I can't be the only one. It just doesn't feel right otherwise.

Only a few things:

-Dratini was a water-type.
-Dragonite was its own Pokemon. Not an evolution of Dragonair.
-Arbok evolves into Seviper!
-Giratina Origin Form was a Poison-type. What, it looks like a flying catsnake!
-Arceus is not god. I still believe it. I mean, some goat has a wheel stuck to its body?
-MEW was god. I still believe it!
-Azurill was a snake.
-Dratini and Dragonair were snakes.
-Giratina Origin Form was a snake. (Well, it is a flying catsnake)

...OK that's more than a few things.

Ice is weak to Water. I thought it was the other way around, and when Palkia fainted all my mons I didn't wanna bring in Sneasel cos I thought I'd KO Palkia. I tried and barely scratched it, I was like >.<

If, in the Anime, Dawn's buneary can shoot an ice beam at a reservoir and freeze the whole damn thing, why wouldn't water be weak to ice? 0_o

If, in the Anime, Dawn's buneary can shoot an ice beam at a reservoir and freeze the whole damn thing, why wouldn't water be weak to ice? 0_o

My point exactly.

Nintendo: So what do we make Ice to Water?
GameFreak: Ice freezes water, so make Ice beat Water
Nintendo:........Nah, lets do it the other way around
GameFreak: And annoy all the people who think logically? Ok!
Please note that the above conversation is merely the thoughts of the person who wrote it and may be incorrect.

Well, on the Ice/Water thing, shouldn't they be normal against each other? I mean, Ice freezes water, yet water melts ice at the same time, so wouldn't they cancel each other out?

Or, Nintendo/Gamefreak could be a bunch of retards and argue that:

"Ice is not very effective against water and water is normal against ice"
"Why?"
"Because we said so (and it's too late to reprogram the game)"

A lot. I thought a lot of stupid things.

- All Pokemon evolved by level up.
- You could only breed a Pokemon's final form, and the hatched Pokemon would always be the lower form. So you didn't need Incenses for getting Azurill or that sort of thing. Actually made sense, this one.
- Phione evolved into Manaphy. Again, makes sense, seeing that you get Phione by breeding.
- Geodude evolves into Graveler who evolves into Onix who evolves into Steelix! Classic.
- Arbok evolves into Seviper. One reason I don't really like the anime.
- Arcanine evolves into Entei, Manetric evolves into Raikou, and Delcatty evolves in Suicune. Yeah don't ask about the last one.
- You didn't need events to get certain Pokemon. Proved wrong, of course.
- All Pokemon had a 50/50 gender ratio. Proved wrong when it took almost 100 resets to get a female Cyndaquil.
- Natures didn't affect stats, they only affected food flavors.
- You can breed Lugia, and get either a Latios or a Latias from the egg you get, which takes forever to hatch.
- All cocoon Pokemon learnt the "normal" moveset. Proved wrong, except I was right about Pupitar.
- Normal could hit Ghost, Psychic could hit Dark. Why that last one is wrong I have no idea. Doesn't make sense. Oh yeah, and Ghost could hit Normal.
- Normalize is a useful ability. Its only real use is to give Skitty/Delcatty extra STAB, and make Thunder Wave hit Grounds.
- Ice>Water, Water>Ice. Makes sense.

One of my friends told me (when I was, like, seven and had Crystal) that if you bred the red Gyarados from the Lake of Rage with a blue Gyarados the Magikarp would evolve into a green Gyarados. -_-

I had a friend tell me that the Pokemon in Ruby and Sapphire would be able to level up to 350. I went crazy trying to figure out how much experience was needed after 100 since they didn't seem to be getting any stronger. I think this originated due to some hack that did allow levels past 100.

As did everyone else, I believed the tapping A/B as the Pokeball rocked back and forth to make catching easier.

When I had Sapphire, but before I got LeafGreen, someone convinced me that in the latter, you could breed Latias and Latios, supposedly because they didn't originate in the Kanto region O.o

My friends and I used to think that Deoxys was pronounced "DEE-oss" for some reason =o
Before we saw the 7th movie xP

Back
Top Bottom