• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 8 - GAME OVER]

Re: Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 1]

(wait, does that mean they could kill up to three people in one night? Plus the serial killer...)

Only the highest-ranked mafia's action goes through.

So you're saying that by lynching inactives, we wouldn't be losing anything and we'd have a chance of getting a mafioso in the process? I understand (and agree with) that part, but what does the Mafia levelling up or not levelling up have to do with that?

I think Karkat was assuming that Mafia don't level up, and hence have no incentive to post. But we pretty thoroughly thrashed that theory above.

Hmm I guess that would be the case.

I wonder if upon evolving the mafia can kill more than one with a standard kill AND posion and Unblocka-kill

Everyone's made really good points, so I'm not exactly sure what to do yet. Still a tad suspicious of Karkat, but not enough to lynch. And I'd rather not make a decision if I'm not even sure. So I guess I'll Abstain.

I'm not really sure what else to say because as I was about to post, everyone kinda said what I was going to say... I'm too slow. But I suppose with the revelation that they level up just like everyone else, the whole lynching inactives thing goes out the window? Or would it not because they might consider their shiny bonuses less important since even without them, they can still kill and therefore not want to post? It depends on how valuable their level up abilities are... they could gain the ability to use their abilities all at once kinda like how Wargle said, (with a probably much larger post count amount than most of us) which might make the most ACTIVE the ones most suspect?

(I really hope nobody ninjas me this time.)

So... lynch inactives, I guess? Who is inactive, anyway?

EDIT: Triple Ninja'd

MOAR EDIT: I request a log of how many posts everyone has made.

I think Karkat was assuming that Mafia don't level up, and hence have no incentive to post. But we pretty thoroughly thrashed that theory above.

Oh! Yeah. Levelling up your role is definitely not the only reason to post. So yep! Inactivity isn't any more likely to indicate Mafianess than usual. (Although I don't think it ever actually makes someone more likely to be Mafia, anyway.)

But I suppose with the revelation that they level up just like everyone else, the whole lynching inactives thing goes out the window? Or would it not because they might consider their shiny bonuses less important since even without them, they can still kill and therefore not want to post? It depends on how valuable their level up abilities are... they could gain the ability to use their abilities all at once kinda like how Wargle said, (with a probably much larger post count amount than most of us) which might make the most ACTIVE the ones most suspect?

I don't think activity level is indicative of any alignment, really. Innocents will also want to power up their roles. And, again, levelling up isn't the only reason to post.

MOAR EDIT: I request a log of how many posts everyone has made.

On the Mafia forum page, click the number of replies next to this topic. It gives you a nice list! (It took me ages to realize this and I would go through game topics counting posts manually.)

I don't think activity level is indicative of any alignment, really. Innocents will also want to power up their roles. And, again, levelling up isn't the only reason to post.
Well, I was just saying that they might be more likely to post if their roles have more posts than the rest of us (since they might be able to use all of their abilities at once upon being high-leveled, which would be unfair unless they had more stringent level up requirements), but that's true... leveling up isn't the only reason. And like Grate said and which I totally forgot to consider, what Kratos considers as "contributing" would count too. So I guess that throws that out the window.

Although they might not even level up in the same way in the first place. The rules post says "for the MOST part" and that it varies slightly for some roles... perhaps theirs too.

You could always work it out yourself through an easy process of elimination!

Well, I was just saying that they might be more likely to post if their roles have more posts than the rest of us (since they might be able to use all of their abilities at once upon being high-leveled, which would be unfair unless they had more stringent level up requirements),

Ah, okay, I see. Could be possible! Since we don't really know, though, I would say we see what the postcounts are like later on if we want to try that hypothesis.

...I meant like how many times each player posted and people who haven't posted yet >_>

People who haven't posted yet: Phantom, Derpy Hooves, Twilight Sparkle, Keltena, I liek Squirtles, InvaderSyl, Dannichu. We're only five and a half hours in, though! (Also please correct me if I missed/incorrectly listed someone.)

I'm not the Wonder Chef (even though he was pretty b.a. in the game). I'm my favorite characters from the game mainly for the weird names I gave him. And I say percentages because the chances of things happening changes as I level up.

DON'T LYNCH ME! I JUST GOT HERE!

I'm done, seriously though don't go for inactives a few hours into the game.

I bandwagon on abstaining.

Jesus fucking christ guys :| I go to sleep for one night! One night! Ahg. WHINE.

... sigh, right. So, I think we're abstaining now, although that does seem a bit reckless considering only mafia can do anything at the moment, no? :| Well with how much you guys have been posting hopefully a doctor can do something by now. Jfc...

Yeah, but what if we, I don't know, lynch a soon to be super doctor or something?

I think we need to know what we have for sure. Also about the poisoning, someone said that they die the next night, so is it possible that we can cure them before then?

Unless the Doctors get a cure ability in later tiers, I don't think you can stop that (Maybe WC can?).

... what is a WC?

A roleblocker could stop poison. Or an ability that allows someone to know when they have been targeted could let someone know who poisoned them, and tell us, at least.

I am both titillated and terrified by the amount of posting you guys have done in under 24 hours. You're going to make me do actual work when this day phase ends, aren't you? Damn it.

Anyway I'm really here to say that Keltena has had to drop out of the game due to unforeseen circumstances. I would rather not just modkill that player slot; I'd actually like to try and find a replacement, especially since it's still so early in the game. I have some really important school-type things to do at the moment, but I will try and get this situation sorted out and come to a decision before this day phase is over. Carry on in the meantime, and uh don't inactive-lynch Keltena yet, please. Thanks for your cooperation.

To anyone not currently playing who happens to have been following this game:
I'm not 100% sure I will replace Keltena instead of just modkilling her, but if you're interested in being a replacement, could you shoot me a PM and let me know? Thanks.

Last edited:

... Alright. I liek Squirtles then. That was the dumbest move I've ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom