• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The 10 People You Would Most Like To Meet

Ether's Bane

future Singaporean
Pronoun
he
List-making, woo!

Ground Rules:
- You can only choose people who are alive right now
- No one from this forum (because that would be too easy)

Someone else can go first - I'll post mine later.

Let's see...
-Matt Smith (Plays The Doctor in Doctor Who)
-Paul McCartney (former bassist of The Beatles)
-Robert Downey Jr. (he is Iron Man)
-Misha Collins (plays Castiel in Supernatural)
-Himaruya Hidekaz (creator of Hetalia)
-Andrew Hussie (creator of Homestuck)
-Dotty-senpai (dotty-box on Tumblr, SHE IS MY SENPAI 5EVER)
-Adele (she is Adele okay)
-Arthur Darvill (plays Rory in Doctor Who)
-Karen Gillan (plays Amy in Doctor Who)

ah that is ten right?

Sure... why not... I guess...

1. Jacoby Shaddix
  2. Adam Lambert
  3. CaptainSparklez
  4. PewDiePie
  5. Dolores Huerta
  6. James Durbin
  7. Darren Shan
  8. Bono
  9. Max Barry
  10. Barack Obama
Yea... not interesting...

Okay, here's mine.

- Andrew Hussie (creator of Homestuck)
- Tara Strong (voice-acting legend)
- kakifly (creator of K-On!)
- Tarja Turunen (ex-frontwoman of Nightwish)
- Kirk Hammett (lead guitarist of Metallica)
- LeBron James (yeah, you really ought to know who he is)
- Shigeru Miyamoto (and the same goes for him)
- Junichi Masuda (and him - this is a Pokemon forum, after all)
- Makoto Nagano (Ninja Warrior legend)
- Nagaru Tanigawa (creator of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)

In no particular order:

Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson
Steven Wilson
Morgan Freeman
Dr. Stephen Hawking
Andrew Hussie
Dr. Michio Kaku
Mikael Åkerfeldt
President Barack Obama
Devin Townsend
Shigeru Miyamoto

People I'd like to meet, huh...

I'd love to meet Shigeru Miyamoto and Andrew Hussie. And probably a bunch of other people if I can just get some time to think about it.

It occurs to me that I really don't care that much about meeting anyone at this point in my life. I mean, Miyamoto maybe, but I don't know Japanese or anything. I just. Don't think it wouldn't be not unawkward.

Vehement Mustelid, Stephen Hawkings died a couple months ago.

Anyway!

1. Quentin Tarantino (because, I don't know, Kill Bill is awesome)
2. Richard Dawkins
3. J.K. Rowling
4. Bill Gates
5. Mark Zuckerburg (autocorrect wanted to change 'Zuckerburg' to 'Cheeseburger'?)
6. Ellen DeGeneres

Ah, I can't think of any more. I'm much more interested in getting to know people that are already in my life.

Last edited:
I don't really get what the big deal is with meeting famous people. Other than maybe just being able to say you did. But then it's like who cares.

The only kind of person I would want to just meet is someone I could learn something interesting from after just one encounter. So Derren Brown is the only one who comes to mind.

Vehement Mustelid, Stephen Hawkings died a couple months ago.

No he didn't. If that were the case it would have been all over the news for days.

Anyway as for my list, there are lots of people I admire or am an big fan of, but now that you've put me on the spot I don't really know.
Of the people I'm a fan of, I wouldn't know what I'd say to them if I ever stumbled across them, or how to approach them without making it obvious that I'm a looking like a creepily obsessed fan. Shigeru Miyamoto probably. I'm not sure how much English he speaks if any, but I do want to tell him how awesome he is.

As for people I admire who weren't people who worked on something I'm a fan of, all the ones I can think of them are dead :(

- No one from this forum (because that would be too easy)
Twist: It turns out everyone except whoever's reading this and the people from the forum they've met in person are exactly the people on their list.

What? I'm pretty sure he didn't.

Oh crap, just looked it up, and I was wrong. I guess there was a hoax a while ago and I believed it because I was only vaguely aware of who he was and didn't bother researching it any further.

EDIT: I was think of Christopher Hitchens.

Last edited:
DAVID ATTENBOROUGH X10

I'm scared he'll die before I get a chance to declare my undying love for him. I'd be chuffed to meet my other fave BBC peeps, though: my Fry guy (obviously), the BBCbians (Sue Perkins, Sandi Toksvig, Claire Balding) and the news crews (Huw Edwards and Fiona Bruce <3). And I dream of being insulted by Paxman.

In no real order:

Koji Kondo
Yuji Naka
Lady Gaga
J.K Rowling
Evanna Lynch/Luna Lovegood (fictional characters better be acceptable)
Daniel Radcliffe
Ken Sugimori
Jaleel White

...that's all I can think of

nobody because i hate everyone

or ryan murphy so i can sit and push endless glee scripts i have written into his arms until he either punches me in the face or puts them in the show
I COULD MAKE IT SO MUCH BETTER RYAN

Uh (in no particular order)

Dee Roscioli
Steve from Blue's Clues (don't give me that look)
Liz Calloway (I WAS REALLY DUMB AND MISSED MY CHANCE)
Anybody from Broadway really
Grey DeLisle (cause she's cool)

okay i think i ran out

I'm going to restrict my list to people I have a special desire to actually meet, as opposed to just people whose work I enjoy and whose autographs I would get if I had the opportunity but to whom I couldn't quite say anything except yet another vague "I think you're awesome, by the way" that they undoubtedly hear a thousand times a day.

Penn & Teller. Supposedly they're ridiculously nice to their fans and sit around after every show talking to everyone who wants. :D

Greta Christina, my current favorite atheist. I just want to shake her hand and get her to sign my copy of Why Are You Atheists So Angry? and tell her how ridiculously many things she's said on her blog that I've been thinking for years or that I should have thought of years ago.

Eliezer Yudkowsky, for similar reasons to the above.

Derren Brown, because I want to somehow get in on a thing wherein he actually hypnotizes people because I'm really curious to see if I'd respond well and what it would feel like and whatnot.

I would put elyvorg here except we've already met and I suspect this isn't meant for people you've already met. (She isn't on these forums, technically!)

Hmmm...

1. Theresa Caputo from the show Long Island Medium on TLC. She is such a character.
2. J.K. Rowling
3. President Barack Obama
4. Jeramiah from the show Breaking Amish on TLC
5. Amy Lee from the band Eveanescence
6. Sandra Day O'Connor (I did a report on her in 4th grade)
7. Stephanie Myers
8. My best friend's little sister (I know it sounds crazy that I haven't met her yet :P)
9. Bill Gates
10. Laura Marano

Legolas/Orlando Bloom whoever he decides to be preferably Legolas as i would beg for his bow if i got it i would be happy for the rest of my life

Back
Top Bottom