• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll throw a challenge out, as having more than one match out may increase chances of getting approved.

Format: 3 Vs. 3 - One Out at A Time
Style: Set
DQ Time: 5 days
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Direct Healing Moves, Only Five Chills Per Trainer
Arena: Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Pokemon Stadium
Arena Description:
For the beginning and most part of the match, Super Smash Bros Brawl's version of Pokemon Stadium appears as the standard pokemon battle arena. Wide open spaces, pokeball design on the ground, a jumbo screen in the back, showing a televised angle of the battle, and a crowd watching in awe. The trainers also each have their own platforms, far enough away from the battle to be safe, but close enough to shout their orders. Every so often, the stage transforms into one of four different element forms: Grass, Water, Fire, and Rock. After each transformation, the stage will return to it's basic form before transforming again.
Arena Transformation Descriptions:

Grass: This Stage hosts a few large tress on either side and becomes covered in grass.It also has a large wooden structure in the middle about 20 feet tall that is made of wood and cargo netting.

Water: The stage becomes covered in water, with only two smaller patches of ground. One on the right side the hosts a small rocky hill and one on the left that hosts a large windmill.

Fire: The stage appears to be charred as multiple smaller dead tress are around, as well as a larger, burned tree to the left. The right side hosts a small shack, about 10 feet tall that has been devastated by fire.

Rock: A large mountain appears towering nearly 40 feet in the air on the left half of the stage. The other half of the stage slopes downwards, and has make-shift walkways made out of wood, and leading to the opening of a mine.

Additional Rules: After Three Rounds, the stage changes to a random Element. It will change back after three more rounds, then the cycle continues. Any move that matches a type with the current stage will cost 1% less energy. If any questions arise about the stages or arena, just ask.

Profile Link: My Profile

I'll throw a challenge out, as having more than one match out may increase chances of getting approved.

Format: 3 Vs. 3 - One Out at A Time
DQ Time: 5 days
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Direct Healing Moves, Only Five Chills Per Trainer
Arena: Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Pokemon Stadium
Arena Description:
For the beginning and most part of the match, Super Smash Bros Brawl's version of Pokemon Stadium appears as the standard pokemon battle arena. Wide open spaces, pokeball design on the ground, a jumbo screen in the back, showing a televised angle of the battle, and a crowd watching in awe. The trainers also each have their own platforms, far enough away from the battle to be safe, but close enough to shout their orders. Every so often, the stage transforms into one of four different element forms: Grass, Water, Fire, and Rock. After each transformation, the stage will return to it's basic form before transforming again.
Arena Transformation Descriptions:

Grass: This Stage hosts a few large tress on either side and becomes covered in grass.It also has a large wooden structure in the middle about 20 feet tall that is made of wood and cargo netting.

Water: The stage becomes covered in water, with only two smaller patches of ground. One on the right side the hosts a small rocky hill and one on the left that hosts a large windmill.

Fire: The stage appears to be charred as multiple smaller dead tress are around, as well as a larger, burned tree to the left. The right side hosts a small shack, about 10 feet tall that has been devastated by fire.

Rock: A large mountain appears towering nearly 40 feet in the air on the left half of the stage. The other half of the stage slopes downwards, and has make-shift walkways made out of wood, and leading to the opening of a mine.

Additional Rules: After Three Rounds, the stage changes to a random Element. It will change back after three more rounds, then the cycle continues. Any move that matches a type with the current stage will cost 1% less energy. If any questions arise about the stages or arena, just ask.

Profile Link: My Profile

Accepting

My Profile

Format: 2v2 double
Style: set
DQ Time: 7 days
Banned Moves: OHKOs
Arena: Inside a pokeball
This battle takes place inside a pokeball, everyone shrunk to tiny proportions. It's rather dark, but not enough to lower accuracy. There are mirrors inside, bouncing around all projectile attacks. Every three rounds or so, the Pokeball will open up, lowering the pokemon's accuracy by 1 for as long as its open (up to 5 actions). On the round that it closes, a random pokemon is sucked into the ball, shrunk, and will do one of the following.
-Attack a random pokemon
-Heal a pokemon by 10%
-Spectate and raise a random stat of a random Pokemon by 1
After another three rounds, it opens up and the Pokemon is released. repeat the cycle.

profilelink

Format: 2v2 double
Style: set
Banned Moves: OHKOs
Arena: Inside a pokeball
This battle takes place inside a pokeball, everyone shrunk to tiny proportions. It's rather dark, but not enough to lower accuracy. There are mirrors inside, bouncing around all projectile attacks. Every three rounds or so, the Pokeball will open up, lowering the pokemon's accuracy by 1 for as long as its open (up to 5 actions). On the round that it closes, a random pokemon is sucked into the ball, shrunk, and will do one of the following.
-Attack a random pokemon
-Heal a pokemon by 10%
-Spectate and raise a random stat of a random Pokemon by 1
After another three rounds, it opens up and the Pokemon is released. repeat the cycle.

profilelink

If I may, I'll accept this challenge, although I'm guessing there is no damage cap since you haven't given one?

My smexy profile.

1vs.1 single
DQ: Ten days
Damage Cap: 25%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, direct healing moves except Rest
Arena: Turtle Rock

The threshold of Turtle Rock, situated high in the Tal Tal mountain range, has two distinct features that define the north-south boundaries of the arena. First is what appears to be a gigantic turtle statue flanked by sheer rock walls; the craggy surface of the 'shell' has ample footholds for climbing, leading to a plain, relatively flat platform roughly ten square feet. It requires a full action to reach the top of the shell, but the descent can be comboed with a move.

The other feature is a cliff that runs along the entire southern side of the arena, bordered by what can best be described as a six-foot bulge in the ground, making it a trifle difficult to fall from the arena; should that happen, however, the long distance down would almost certainly prove to be a KO, unless the pokemon could stop itself while in the air.

The fighting area itself is nothing shocking; the ground in the vicinity is hard, dry and compacted, with a few rocks scattered about, some loose, some not. This makes using Rock-type attacks much easier and so require 1% less energy to use. The poor condition of the ground within the six-meter square arena makes moves requiring soil (such as Ingrain) use up 2% more energy and do 1% less damage or healing, although the use of Rain Dance could rectify this. There are, however, springs deeper in the mountain for drawing water attacks from, although obviously waterbound pokemon aren't reccomended.

The stone turtle statue itself is not what it seems at first. With the noises of battle going on around it, it cn only stay immobile for so long—it has a 5% chance of coming to life at the end of each round. Loud noises are liable to wake anybody up, and the turtle head is no exception. Any move that causes a loud noise (Roar, Metal Sound, Selfdestruct and the like) carries a 10% chance of arousing it. Further, if an attack that shakes the earth is used or the stone head is struck with a special attac for any reason, it has a 15% chance of waking up. If and when it wake up, it will spend the next available action breaking free of its stone casing. After this happens, it will extend its neck one meter and sway back and forth. Every action there is a 20% chance of it randomly lunging one meter more at one of the pokemon in the arena with a 95% accurate, 10% damage Rock-type attack. After two rounds, a stone coccon will start to form over it again, making its attacks lethargic and easy to avoid(50%chance) while drawing it slowly within the 'shell'. After three rounds, it will become completely motionless and the cycle will repeat.
Other: Basic stage and baby pokemon only

Profile of Awesomesauce

Also, I was wondering if the same arena could be used more than once.

1vs.1 single
DQ: Ten days
Banned Moves: OHKO's, direct healing moves except Rest
Arena: Turtle Rock

The threshold of Turtle Rock, situated high in the Tal Tal mountain range, has two distinct features that define the north-south boundaries of the arena. First is what appears to be a gigantic turtle statue flanked by sheer rock walls; the craggy surface of the 'shell' has ample footholds for climbing, leading to a plain, relatively flat platform roughly ten square feet. It requires a full action to reach the top of the shell, but the descent can be comboed with a move.

The other feature is a cliff that runs along the entire southern side of the arena, bordered by what can best be described as a six-foot bulge in the ground, making it a trifle difficult to fall from the arena; should that happen, however, the long distance down would almost certainly prove to be a KO, unless the pokemon could stop itself while in the air.

The fighting area itself is nothing shocking; the ground in the vicinity is hard, dry and compacted, with a few rocks scattered about, some loose, some not. This makes using Rock-type attacks much easier and so require 1% less energy to use. The poor condition of the ground within the six-meter square arena makes moves requiring soil (such as Ingrain) use up 2% more energy and do 1% less damage or healing, although the use of Rain Dance could rectify this. There are, however, springs deeper in the mountain for drawing water attacks from, although obviously waterbound pokemon aren't reccomended.

The stone turtle statue itself is not what it seems at first. With the noises of battle going on around it, it cn only stay immobile for so long—it has a 5% chance of coming to life at the end of each round. Loud noises are liable to wake anybody up, and the turtle head is no exception. Any move that causes a loud noise (Roar, Metal Sound, Selfdestruct and the like) carries a 10% chance of arousing it. Further, if an attack that shakes the earth is used or the stone head is struck with a special attac for any reason, it has a 15% chance of waking up. If and when it wake up, it will spend the next available action breaking free of its stone casing. After this happens, it will extend its neck one meter and sway back and forth. Every action there is a 20% chance of it randomly lunging one meter more at one of the pokemon in the arena with a 95% accurate, 10% damage Rock-type attack. After two rounds, a stone coccon will start to form over it again, making its attacks lethargic and easy to avoid(50%chance) while drawing it slowly within the 'shell'. After three rounds, it will become completely motionless and the cycle will repeat.
Other: Basic stage and baby pokemon only

Profile of Awesomesauce

Also, I was wondering if the same arena could be used more than once.

There is no restriction on the number of times you can use an arena.

Anyway, taking this. Mm, Turtle Rock.

3 vs. 3 single, set
Cap: 50%
Banned: Super effective moves, OHKOs, 50% recovery, Dig, Earthquake, non-aquatic, flying, or levitating pokemon under 3 feet tall.
Arena: Ellay Swamp
A swamp just west of the city of Ellay. The entire swamp consists mainly of waist-deep water and marsh plants, nothing out of the ordinary. The water here is quite murky, so it's unlikely you'll be able to find targets underwater very easily.

Non-aquatic, flying, or levitating Pokemon under 3 feet tall can't fight here or they'd drown, obviously. The ground here is too muddy to make a decent tunnel in, so digging and Earthquake are out of the question.

delicious profilage

okay who wants to fight me?

3 vs 3 single
DQ: Standard week
Banned Moves: OHKO's, 5 chills per pokemon
Arena: Awesome Land

Awesome Land is a small area in the vast forests of northwestern Orre. There is a medium-sized pond for water pokemon and water moves, soft soil and rock walls for ground and rock pokemon and moves, and lots of trees for any pokemon good at climbing. However, this area is very high up, and its western side is a huge cliff overlooking a 200-foot drop to the forest below. All the pokemon involved in battle are given a parachute to use as a held item (along with any other item they might bring in), so they will be safe even if they fall off the cliff. However, pushing your opponent off the cliff counts as a KO. It is called Awesome Land because of the scenic view.

Other: No flying type pokemon may be used, due to the unique nature of the battlefield.

Profile link is in my sig.

Last edited:
okay who wants to fight me?

3 vs 3 single
DQ: Standard week
Banned Moves: OHKO's, 5 chills per pokemon
Arena: Awesome Land

Awesome Land is a small area in the vast forests of northwestern Orre. There is a medium-sized pond for water pokemon and water moves, soft soil and rock walls for ground and rock pokemon and moves, and lots of trees for any pokemon good at climbing. However, this area is very high up, and its western side is a huge cliff overlooking a 200-foot drop to the forest below. All the pokemon involved in battle are given a parachute to use as a held item (along with any other item they might bring in), so they will be safe even if they fall off the cliff. However, pushing your opponent off the cliff counts as a KO. It is called Awesome Land because of the scenic view.

Other: No flying type pokemon may be used, due to the unique nature of the battlefield.

http://dragonflycave.com/forums/showpost.php?p=94811&postcount=59

not everyone has sigs turned on, you know.

also I accept when the profile link is in your post.

Mah profile

Last edited by a moderator:
3 vs. 3 single, set
Cap: 50%
Banned: Super effective moves, OHKOs, 50% recovery, Dig, Earthquake, non-aquatic, flying, or levitating pokemon under 3 feet tall.
Arena: Ellay Swamp
A swamp just west of the city of Ellay. The entire swamp consists mainly of waist-deep water and marsh plants, nothing out of the ordinary. The water here is quite murky, so it's unlikely you'll be able to find targets underwater very easily.

Non-aquatic, flying, or levitating Pokemon under 3 feet tall can't fight here or they'd drown, obviously. The ground here is too muddy to make a decent tunnel in, so digging and Earthquake are out of the question.

delicious profilage

I'll accept this one.

Well, just had my ass handed to me, so I should be able to make a challenge

And I thought active refs could take four challenges, yet I was barred from challenging this whole time D:

1 vs 1 Single
DQ: A Week
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Banned Pokemon: Wailord (It's too big :O)
Arena: Horsea's Cove

The water is full of marine life, most notably Horsea. There is seaweed for Pokemon to hide in, and a rich coral reef as well. The cove has sandy beaches that are at a 5 degree incline. They go about 20 feet inland before it goes to a sheer cliff, around 70 feet high. Flying types can roost on random perches on the cliffs. Also, these cliffs meet about 60 feet up at the far end of the cove, covering around a fifth of it with a cave-like structure. The watery section of the cove has a diameter of around 50 feet, and a maximum depth of 200 feet. The cove surrounds this water almost entirely, and is a perfect circle. A quarter of the circle is open to the sea. The cliffs contain an intricate network of tunnels around 7 feet tall at best, and 2 feet at worst. It is quite easy to get lost

Now onto how the environment affects attacks. Unless a weather move is used to override it, it is constantly raining. Upon the weather condition expiring, it will begin to rain once more. Surf and Brine do 2% extra damage here, and Whirlpool will trap opponents for an extra round if they are attacked while in the water. Electric attacks gain 5% extra accuracy here, never going above 100% accuracy, as long as it is raining. Thunder, while it is raining, will of course revert to 100% accuracy. Rock Slide requires 5% extra energy to use, as the cliffs are very strong. Earthquake may also knock off chunks from the cliff (may as in 40% chance), and these chunks will do an extra 5% damage per chunk, to both the foe and the user of Earthquake. It is random who these chunks will hit

My Profile

Also, yes, the Horsea don't do anything

Well, just had my ass handed to me, so I should be able to make a challenge

And I thought active refs could take four challenges, yet I was barred from challenging this whole time D:

1 vs 1 Single
DQ: A Week
Banned Pokemon: Wailord (It's too big :O)
Arena: Horsea's Cove

The water is full of marine life, most notably Horsea. There is seaweed for Pokemon to hide in, and a rich coral reef as well. The cove has sandy beaches that are at a 5 degree incline. They go about 20 feet inland before it goes to a sheer cliff, around 70 feet high. Flying types can roost on random perches on the cliffs. Also, these cliffs meet about 60 feet up at the far end of the cove, covering around a fifth of it with a cave-like structure. The watery section of the cove has a diameter of around 50 feet, and a maximum depth of 200 feet. The cove surrounds this water almost entirely, and is a perfect circle. A quarter of the circle is open to the sea. The cliffs contain an intricate network of tunnels around 7 feet tall at best, and 2 feet at worst. It is quite easy to get lost

Now onto how the environment affects attacks. Unless a weather move is used to override it, it is constantly raining. Upon the weather condition expiring, it will begin to rain once more. Surf and Brine do 2% extra damage here, and Whirlpool will trap opponents for an extra round if they are attacked while in the water. Electric attacks gain 5% extra accuracy here, never going above 100% accuracy, as long as it is raining. Thunder, while it is raining, will of course revert to 100% accuracy. Rock Slide requires 5% extra energy to use, as the cliffs are very strong. Earthquake may also knock off chunks from the cliff (may as in 40% chance), and these chunks will do an extra 5% damage per chunk, to both the foe and the user of Earthquake. It is random who these chunks will hit

My Profile

Also, yes, the Horsea don't do anything

I believe I'll take this. *Plucketh from yonder board of challenges*

*Profile of Animorph*

...Oh right, one battle's over. I'm in the mode for something that goes by quickly and explosively, aren't you?

3 vs 3 vs 3 Single
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 60%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Rest, Attract
Arena: Roman Coliseum

The Coliseum was an engineering marvel; it consists of a huge circular pit 300 yards wide. The ground is covered in firly-packed sand about a foot deep; beneath that is stone foundation and the lion pits. We'll get to those later. On all sides are walls twelve feet tall (no you can't climb them or fly over them), and seated above are thousands of cheering spectators come to watch this extreme match.

Battles within the Coliseum can be overwhelming to some shyer Pokemon, and depending on how well or not they are fighting, the crowd will cheer for or against them. Pokemon being cheered for get a +1 bonus to attack and speed, and Pokemon that are being taunted get a -1 reduction of attack and defense.

At any time during the battle (but infrequently; maybe three or four times, tops) the lion pits will open. Since this is Pokemon, the lion released will be either a Luxray or an Arcanine. It will then fall upon the Pokemon closest to it and deal 40% typeless damage, and paralyze if it is Luxray or burn if it is Arcanine. It is then recalled.

So; a fast-paced, high-stakes battle. Will your team triumph and be named the true gladiators? We of the Twitchean Union issue our challenge.

...Oh right, one battle's over. I'm in the mode for something that goes by quickly and explosively, aren't you?

3 vs 3 vs 3 Single

The Coliseum was an engineering marvel; it consists of a huge circular pit 300 yards wide. The ground is covered in firly-packed sand about a foot deep; beneath that is stone foundation and the lion pits. We'll get to those later. On all sides are walls twelve feet tall (no you can't climb them or fly over them), and seated above are thousands of cheering spectators come to watch this extreme match.

Battles within the Coliseum can be overwhelming to some shyer Pokemon, and depending on how well or not they are fighting, the crowd will cheer for or against them. Pokemon being cheered for get a +1 bonus to attack and speed, and Pokemon that are being taunted get a -1 reduction of attack and defense.

At any time during the battle (but infrequently; maybe three or four times, tops) the lion pits will open. Since this is Pokemon, the lion released will be either a Luxray or an Arcanine. It will then fall upon the Pokemon closest to it and deal 40% typeless damage, and paralyze if it is Luxray or burn if it is Arcanine. It is then recalled.

So; a fast-paced, high-stakes battle. Will your team triumph and be named the true gladiators? We of the Twitchean Union issue our challenge.

Taketh.

Meh profile.

3 vs 3 vs 3 Single

:0 three way, I'm in!

I make naughty jokes by accident.

2 Vs. 2 Single
DQ: Seven Days
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Weather moves, Healing moves
Arena: Playstation 2 controller

The battlers have been shrunken down to Half-Inch height. This is a standard PS2 Controller, with a wire and all. Electrical and Water moves get a 10% boost. There is a 60% Chance every round that some kid doesn't want to study and decides to use the controller for rotting his brains out for two more rounds. However, if the non-studying kid comes to play, he might shake and jumble the controller, and throw it down in frustration. There is a 10% chance of him leaving in the middle of a round out of frustration.

Combatants may use anything on the controller to their advantage, meaning the analog sticks, the buttons, the wire, and so on so forth.

Anyone want to see MY PROFILE???

2-on-2 double
DQ: 10 days
Damage Cap: 41%
Arena: Flaming Forest Clearing

An octogonal clearing, with trees surrounding it, with the occasional tree standing alone in the roughly-25-square-meter clearing. A normal clearing, but with one rather large, glaring difference; it's on fire. The trees are aflame, it's boisterously warm, and the sky is dancing with a bloody red sunset. As the embers dance, ash falls from the sky, reducing the accuracy of Pokemon with uncovered eyes. Any Ice-type Pokemon used will lose 15% energy here, so it is inadvisable, as well as cruel, to use one. a Frozen Pokemon thaws almost immediately. Fire types can use the fields flames to add +1 SpAt., but only if ordered to take an action to do so.

Yes, I am aware that this will put me at the limit number of battles. I think. Delightfully Insane Profile.

Four trainer free-for-all;One Pokemon out each.
Style: Switch
DQ: Two weeks
Damage Cap: 50%
Arena:Temporal Tower

Temporal tower is a tall tower, home to Dialga, as known by all. The battle is on the top. There are broken pillars almost everywhere and Time gears in the slots. The five, if removed do diffferent things randomly until put back and can be anything from Paralizing your enemy to Poisoning you to making Dialga himself appear. When Dialga appears, either by the random action of a Time gear or the every five turns appearence, he will use Roar of time, this affects you in different ways. It can Confuse you, make you take a maximum of 10 damage, Burn you, or nothing at all. If on a pillar, or you have possetion of a time gear, however, this effect is negated. Occasionallly, Palkia will appear with Dialga and will be fighting, being caught in a Spacial Rend or Roar of time during this, wit cut your HP in half.

Additional rules:Only first stage or basic Pokemon; No items

My profile of greatness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom