• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The CoD Monotype Challenge

Finally found my Pearl version. Update!

budew golbat gastly
lv. 24 ----- lv. 24 ----- lv. 17
Badges: 2
Time: 5:05

Gardenia was easy thanks to my Golbat. I'd just caught the Gastly before I last turned the game off; for this game I can actually have a Gengar thanks to my old DS and my Diamond version. Evolving Budew is turning out to be pretty tricky, though. It's hard to play during the day with school. :[

I'm figuring what I want my final three Pokemon to be - Toxicroak has to go on there because it's me, and I'd like to have a Tentacruel. For the last one I'll probably go with Drapion, as it seems like the only real decent Poison-type I can get without trading, and it's a Dark type too which'll help with Lucian. I'm dreading Lucian already. Dear sweet god.

Last edited:
Wow... I had totally forgotten about this. I haven't updated in ages.

Name: Gold
Type: Fire
Badges: 16

Pokemon:

Rapidash
Lucy Lv.45

growlithe
Ares Lv.45

magmar
Magnol Lv.45

flareon
Flare Lv.46

charizard
Lizzie Lv.49

typhlosion
Ty Lv.50

Everything has proceeded normally. The only Gym leader I remember having trouble with is Blue, but I beat him eventually. Now I just need to defeat Red. I feel like I have a lot of training to do.

I just erased almost all of my Pokemon on Pearl cause I was bored and I started a Ground monotype
GrotleQuake
Item: Quick Claw
Tackle
Curse
Absorb
Razor Leaf
GeodudeRumble
Tackle
Rock Smash
Rock Throw
Rock Polish
OnixOnix(Forgot to nickname waiting until Eterna)
Tackle
Rock Throw
Bind
Screech
shellos-westShellos(Same as Onix)
Mud-Slap
Mud Sport
Mud Bomb
Water Pulse

I completed my Fire Mono on Gold yesterday.
Team:
rapidash
Lucy Lv.45
Magmar
Magnol Lv.46
Growlithe
Ares Lv.46
Flareon
Flare Lv.47
Charizard
Lizzie Lv.51
Typhlosion
Ty Lv.53

I've started a Grass mono on Emerald since, but I'm not very far.

i decided to do another normal mono, but on platinum this time. i only started it about an hour ago, so i'm not very far..
i'm in jubilife atm, and haven't made a lot of progess. just about to fight my rival for the second time

team:
starly-f (f) lv12
bidoof-f (f) lv12

roselia crobat haunter skorupi croagunk
lv. 29 ----- lv. 30 ----- lv. 27 ----- lv. 25 ----- lv. 24
Badges: 4
Time: 9:55

Made a lot of progess since my last update. I'd just got Wake's badge when last saved. I don't like having my Pokemon's levels all over the place like this; I'm probably gonna work on getting them all around level 30 before I go any farther. I've never really raised a Skorupi before, and mine is turning out to be one of those difficult Pokemon who doesn't learn any good attacks until after he evolves. I had to teach mine some random TM's I had just so he'd have an attack with an attack power of more than 20. :|

Okay, I need help with Gardenia. It doesn't help that 3 of my Pokemon are weak to here, and Grotle isn't quite strong enough.
Suggestions please
GrotleQuake
Lv. 19
Item - Quick Claw
Tackle
Curse
Absorb
Razor Leaf
GeodudeRumble
Lv. 16
Tackle
Rock Smash
Rock Throw
Magnitude
OnixGraps
Lv. 17
Tackle
Rock Throw
Rage
Rock Tomb
shellos-westOoze
Lv. 16
Mud-Slap
Hidden Power (Not good against Grass)
Mud Bomb
Water Pulse

By the way, my other 2 Pokemon will be HippopotasGible

@Quake: Really, I would suggest leveling up your team-get everyone to level 20-21. At least get the rest of your team to Lv. 19. For the battle, I'd just have Grotle Curse six times on Cherubi, then heal and smash through her team, hoping that Roserade uses something like Poison Sting or Stun Spore.

Also, thanks to the people that have kept this topic alive while I've stopped posting.

Thanks, it worked. Roserade missed with Stun Spore and Quake's Cut got a critical hit.
Edit: By the way, can I catch Unown to make it easier to catch a Hippopotas?

Last edited:
Roxanne Shamefaced!
This is just to signify that I exist and have started. Hai, guyz!

Djinamo
Badges: 1
Play Time: 2:01

Marshtomp
Bikljadii (I really like the letter j) Lv. 16 @ Nothing
Nature: Sassy
-Tackle
-Bide
-Mud Shot
-Water Gun

A Whole Lot of Win!
Beat Brawly and Wattson, caught some Pokemon. I swear, Nincada is a god in ground monotypes. Ground type, Cut, and Flash. Halelujah.

Djinamo
Badges: 3
Play Time: 7:43

Marshtomp
Bikljadii Lv. 28 @ Soft Sand
-Tackle
-Bide
-Mud Shot
-Water Gun

Graveler
Graveler Lv. 25 @ Oran Berry (just in case!)
-Rock Smash
-Selfdestruct
-Magnitude
-Rock Throw

Numel
Hotcake Lv. 19 @ Nothing (it's pronounced oat-ca-KAY)
-Growl
-Tackle
-Ember
-Magnitude

Nincada
CUTTA 1 Lv. 8 @ Nothing (aka godsend)
-Scratch
-Flash
-Leech Life
-Cut

^ I know that, but I can actually fight with him. Caught two of these for the battle against May in Rustboro.

Now, he's just an HM slave. ^_^

Pulling out a win from the skin of my teeth vs. Roxanne in a bug mono, woot!
Proof of doom

Anyway, yeah. Bug mono. Team is in the vid, so eh. ._.

your names are win, PichuK <3

Also how do you get game vids to upload to Youtube? Mine don't work and I was gunna track my Crystal Water Mono on it.

Assonantal's Water Monotype Run

Trainer: Loki (#60480)
Badges: none
Time: 0:25

Piplup
Lv. 06​

Welcome back, me! Been a long time. Who'd have thought school could keep someone so busy? So...yeah...definitely abandoned my old monotype run, and I figure I might as well try to restart it on Pearl, since I haven't played that in half of forever anyway. So, here goes. Piplup (Gloria) ftw!

Back
Top Bottom