• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open The Darkest Hour (halfway through plot)

Re: The Darkest Hour- REMADE!

I held up a hand to sheild my eyes from the flash of lightning.

"We're getting closer to the end of the tunnel. I know Darkrai's set a few flame traps and ice traps nearby as well, and it's a safe bet that there's one or two poison traps. We must be evn more cautious here."

Manmuu nodded to Zrantox. "There's got to be more traps here. And when we get one, I have a Mud Bomb ready." He packed a ball of mud and balanced it between his tusks. "I look silly but it's for our safety.

Onko replied to Zrantox. "Right. I'll handle the flame traps because I'm Fire-type. Manmuu will handle the ice ones."
She said to Kester, "Sorry, I didn't notice. Now let's continue carefully."
As she walked, something shiny caught her eye. The object was catching the glare off her flame. It was long and thin, and stretched from one end of the cave.
"Trip wires," She said. "It'll trigger a trap." She gave it a little Ember, and it burned for a moment, and disappeared.
"Come on. Keep an eye out for anything more."

" I could help get rid of traps with this."
Artemis added, creating more light. She hoped that helping the others would distract her from the fact that she was terrified. They were going to confront Darkrai himself. Even if it was actually only Onko fighting him.

Last edited:

"I remeber the ideas some team Dark members told me," i said, mroe to myself, "I'm beginning to remember some of their other traps. I'm pretty sure one of them was-"

It became clear to me. "Everyone, stop moving!"

((By the way, Eevee, Onko will do a one-on-one battle with Darkrai, while the others fight of the Pokemon he sends to protect himself.))
Onko stopped in her tracks, obeying Zrantox's command. She may have been the leader, but Zrantox didn't count as a member, although he was on their side. "What is it?"

Manmuu abruptly halted, still balancing the ball of rocks, dirt and mud on his tusks. "What? What? A movement trap?" He didn't dare flinch or twitch, out of fear that something would happen. "What, Zrantox?" he said quietly.

"Pitfall traps." i said. "This place is rigged with them. One misstep and it's hello, spirit world."

Kester's eyes flashed. "No," he spat. "It means we check for pitfall traps and tread carefully, instead of bumbling along aimlessly." He paused for a moment, then continued speaking. "For your information, the first pitfall trap is in the center of the floor."

"it means that we keep going, but we msut be extremely careful," I said, "The positions of these traps are random; i just know of it from what another team Dark member told me."

Onko nodded, ignoring Kester's remark. She walked along the right side of the wall, and directed the others to do the same.

Manmu shifted his feet in a straight line, trying hard to keep his balance. Soon, when he knew he was definitely across, he collapsed on the ground from effort. When ice spikes hurled themselves out of the walls, Manmuu quickly threw his Mud Bomb into the air, crushing the ice spikes and keeping the Mamoswine safe. "I'd have to say it's dangerous to go anywhere without scanning the area carefully," he remarked as he stood up.

The Infernape said, "You're right. I'm sorry... I should have been more careful..."

"I floated over the trap. "From here, it shifts to the randomly placed pitfalls. They're smaller, but just as dangerous. Keep your eyes out for anything that looks unnatural."

Manmuu nodded to Zrantox. "I'll do that. Onko, I think Zrantox should lead the way until he says we're getting close to Darkrai's lair. Then we can let you go ahead and we'll wait here. Is that acceptible?"

"Very well," I said.

I floated over the pitfalls, and readied a Shadow Ball. "The pitfalls react to pressure; I believe they are the only traps to do so here."

I tossed the sahdow ball down. Nothing.

"This part didn't have any reaction to my attack. That must mean it's a safe part. I suggest we use this method until we are out of this section."

"If I remember correctly," I said as i traversed the pitfall area, using Shadow ball wherever I thought I pitfall was, "After this part there are several sets of poisoned spikes that will come out of the walls and the ground. I'll know when we reach there."

Back
Top Bottom