• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Disney Thread

The end of F&tH ruined the movie for me. I didn't get it. o.o

Basil the Great Mouse Detective is awesome, though. Really dark in parts, too.
And who doesn't ship Basil/Dr. Dawson? X3

Disney and Kingdom Hearts are awsome :)!

TWILIGHT YOU FAIL!!!!!!!!!! ...Finally got that out of my system....

I'm so childhood-deprived. :( I've never seen half of the classic Disney movies and only saw the other half once sometime when I was way little and don't remember a thing of them. (I know I had this Beauty and the Beast coloring book! No idea whether I ever actually saw the movie or not. I suppose I must have at some point, but I still have absolutely no idea what happens in it, except there was this fandomsecret once about how Bella walks and reads at the same time, and the Beast turns back into a prince and she marries him, but otherwise... yeah.)

Or rather, the ones I have seen and remember any of, not counting Pixar, are the following:

The Lion King (I've actually seen this one three times! Fancy that! Probably my favorite)
Hercules (twice!)
Sleeping Beauty (only this summer; oddly, for the longest time I had absolutely no idea Disney had ever done Sleeping Beauty)
The Little Mermaid (well, okay, so this one doesn't really count, because the only reason I do remember it is I have this Disney picture book in German that retells several of the classic Disney movies)
101 Dalmatians (same; only know roughly what happens in it because of that book)
The Aristocats (was in that book, but I actually also saw it a few years ago)
The Great Mouse Detective (once, fairly recently)
Aladdin (and I think I may have seen the sequels sometime too)
Mulan (twice - the second time in Danish, oddly enough)
Fantasia (several times)
Tarzan (once with my friend a couple of years ago)

Ones I know I saw at some point but hell if I remember any of it besides maybe stray scenes:

Snow White
Bambi
Pinocchio
Pocahontas
The Hunchback of Notre Dame

And to top it all I haven't even played Kingdom Hearts. So yeah.

...if anybody wants to discuss Don Rosa's Duck comics, I'm right here? :D;

Did you guys know that Disney is going to remake (or digitally remaster, I'm not sure which) the original Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers next year instead of making a totally new Power Rangers series out of Japan's Samurai Sentai Shinkenger?

Ha, I've played KH so much I keep mis-saying malevolent as Maleficent XD

My school did Beauty and the Beast as our school play, and it was wonderful. Much better than the movie, I think. ^^

Also:
@Butterfree: Lion King on Broadway is amazing and I highly suggest you should come over just to see it. ^^

Disney is always good. I have quite a few movies from them (Beauty and the Beast, Jungle Book, Aladdin). The newer Disney / Pixar movies are made of awesomeness though; I think I like them the best.

My top ten Disney movies (Including collaborations with Pixar)
10 - The Incredibles
9 - Bug's Life
8 - Monsters Inc.
7 - Lion King
6 - Sword and the Stone
5 - Finding Nemo
4 - Mulan
3 - Emperor's New Groove
2 - Alice in Wonderland
1 - WALL-E (Best. Disney movie. Ever.)

1. Wall-E

Top five:
5: Finding Nemo
4: Ratatoullie
3: The Lion King
2: The Fox and the Hound
1: WALL*E
NO GOD FUCKING DAMMIT, PIXAR IS NOT DISNEY! >.< /rage

Anyways... yeah, I loved the classic Disney movies, they're a major nostalgia factor of my earlier childhood. I loved pretty much all of them, with the exception of Petuh Pan and maybe Dalmatians (because I've seen it way too many times). But I loved the Fox and the Hound, Lady and the Tramp, Aristocats, Emperor's New Groove, Tarzan... yeah.

I used to watch the Aristocats on repeat when I was about six years old.

letsee... top ten.

10. Pinocchio. I love how they remained fairly faithful to the actual story, particularly how the children turned into donkeys and such. I also love all the underwater scenes.
9. The Little Mermaid, if only for Ursula, who is one of my favourite Disney characters. I really don't care at all about Ariel, haha.
8. TLK - stupidly, mindlessly adorable, and I want to hug Scar at every point in the movie.
7. Beauty and the Beast.
6. Snow White - I've seen this more times than I can count.
5. Brother Bear - so cute, and really well done. It's a shame it didn't do so well.
4. The Aristocats. God I don't think there's anything I don't love about this movie.
3. Bambi~! Possibly the biggest reason why I am in love with deer. :3
2. The Fox and the Hound.
1. The Emperor's New Groove! I love this movie. It's one of my favourite movies of all time and is the only reason why I don't loathe David Spade. I own the playstation game of this and it's actually pretty good (for disney, who are notorious for making lousy games).
Boom Baby!

what? Disney bought Pixar in 2006. o.O

I have rediscovered my love for Disney, mainly because the song "Hellfire" from the Hunchback of Notre Dame is amazing.

...but Disney is Disney, therefore by seeing the Disney logo on WALL-E, Monster's Inc., Toy Story, etc., it means that it is Disney.
And what UV said about Disney buying Pixar.

I love Aladdin. Tarzan, too, but mostly for the songs. I don't really like Hercules, though, being the psuedo-Greek mythology nerd that I am.

Up! was brilliant, too, and Wall-E was nice.

I WANNA KNOW, CAN YOU SHOOOW ME?

I think Erif meant as in Pixar are not part of Disney animated canon, or the Disney renaissance period.

I think I've seen Aladdin, Tarzan, Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Lion King, Mulan, and if it counts, The Nightmare Before Christmas. I think I've seen a bit of Hercules, but not the whole thing.

My fave movies would have to be ... most of those listed besides Aladdin and Mulan; I never really got into those as much as the others. Who knows, I might pay them a revisit.

I FUCKING DESPISE DISNEY

(mostly for the whole public domain thing, but for many other reasons)

Snow White's pretty hilarious. "WHAT ARE YOU AND WHO ARE YOU DOING" honestly that whole movie is ... what

Sleeping Beauty wins points forever for Maleficent but Mulan is always best.

Back
Top Bottom