• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Disney Thread

Disney has made many successful movies, yet their sequels are never as good as the originals, but even the sequels had their moments.

Disney has had various villains, heroes, and supporting roles.

Feel free to talk about Disney stuff.

My top 10 Disney villains.

10. Hades (Hercules)
9. Shan-Yu (Mulan)
8. Jafar (Aladdin)
7. Frollo (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)
6. Ursula (The Little Mermaid)
5. Captain Hook (Peter Pan)
4. Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)
3. Yzma (The Emperor's New Groove)
2. Clayton (Tarzan)
1. Scar (The Lion King)

I have two shelves of my movie cabinet devoted to Disney...and the bulk of them are old VHSes. (which I hope to upgrade to DVD/Bluray)

Last summer my sister and I went around every charity shop ever and bought nearly every Disney Classic on VHS. Half of them are fuzzy in places, but I don't care.

Hades is my favourite villian (along with Frollo), Mulan my favourite female (along with Meg), Quasimodo my favourite male (along with Beast), Dodger my favourite animal (along with Koda), The Lion King my favourite movie (along with Aladdin), Just Can't Wait To Be King my favourite song (along with Make a Man Out of You) and Stephen Schwartz my favourite songwriter (along with Phil Collins).

I cannot wait for Rapunzel because Kristin Chenoweth (who I absolutely love) will be voicing her and has the most adorable speaking voice and amazing singing voice <3~

If you look on the VHS for the Hunchback of Notre Dame, you'll find a Hidden Mickey!

Really?! I'll have to look that when I get home.

Anyway, I love Disney classics. Not so much the newer stuff, but it can be all right. All of my movies are from when I was younger so they are all on VHS.

I don't like the very old ones (Snow White, Pinnocchio... even Bambi) very much, but I also think the newer ones were a little lacking (I loved Brother Bear and Treasure Planet, though). I was lucky and grew up with the best ones, I think; Aladdin, TLK, Mulan, Pochahontas, Hunchback, et al.
God, the 90s were good.

I don't like the very old ones (Snow White, Pinnocchio... even Bambi) very much, but I also think the newer ones were a little lacking (I loved Brother Bear and Treasure Planet, though). I was lucky and grew up with the best ones, I think; Aladdin, TLK, Mulan, Pochahontas, Hunchback, et al.
God, the 90s were good.

The Lion King is awesome as are Mulan and Pochahontas. And Hunchback has one of my favorite songs on it.
The older ones are tolerable in my opinion. When I said classics I really meant pre new millenium.

I cannot wait for Rapunzel because Kristin Chenoweth (who I absolutely love) will be voicing her and has the most adorable speaking voice and amazing singing voice <3~

Really? Yay!

I love Disney movies. The older ones are best. (even though Enchanted was great.) :D

As for favorites...

Maleficent=favorite villian (though that's mostly Kh's fault. :D)
Sora Beast=favorite male hero
Kairi Mulan=favorite heroine
Any kitty is an awesome animal. -^.^-
Lion King definitely=favorite movie.
Don't pay attention to songwriters. ^^

Disney is always good. I have quite a few movies from them (Beauty and the Beast, Jungle Book, Aladdin). The newer Disney / Pixar movies are made of awesomeness though; I think I like them the best.

My top ten Disney movies (Including collaborations with Pixar)
10 - The Incredibles
9 - Bug's Life
8 - Monsters Inc.
7 - Lion King
6 - Sword and the Stone
5 - Finding Nemo
4 - Mulan
3 - Emperor's New Groove
2 - Alice in Wonderland
1 - WALL-E (Best. Disney movie. Ever.)

My top five:
5. Tarzan (best. soundtrack. ever.)
4. Beauty and the Beast
3. Fox and the Hound
2. The Lion King
1. Wall-E

My favorite Disney films in the canon are Tarzan, Pinocchio, and The Emperor's New Groove.

My favorite DisneyToons film is A Goofy Movie.

My favorite Pixar film is Ratatouille.

I can't friggin wait for Up and Rapunzel (Glen Keane + this picture(promo still?) = sweetness).

My hope for my future trad. animation career has been restored with The Princess and the Frog.

Thazzall.

Last edited:
My toddlerhood was spent watching Cinderella and Snow White five times a day. :D
My childhood was spent watching The Lion King and 101 Dalmations five times a day. :D

And now I just watch all of them. XD I watch Disney films nearly every night in the holidays - yesterday I watched Lady and the Tramp.

My favourites are mostly old, I'm not fond of the new ones... I can't be bothered to even go watch them any more.

The Lion King is my favourite film of all time. <3 I also love Bambi, Lady and the Tramp, Pocahontas, among others.

Disney is great, especially the classics. I think that the best characters in all of the Disney movies put together are:

Mushu, the Cricket [Mulan] and the Flying Carpet [Aladin]

That flying carpet needs more fans, it is awesome!

Top five:
5: Finding Nemo
4: Ratatoullie
3: The Lion King
2: The Fox and the Hound
1: WALL*E

I <3 Sleeping Beauty (it had dragons and fairy godmothers :3) and Pinnochio. Alice in Wonderland is cool too. Oliver and Company is fantastic. I would love to own every Disney movie ever (stuff like the Great Mouse Detective and the Rescuers, which I've never seen D:). Oldest stuff is the best and so awesome.

Disney/Pixar is cool too, but they don't count.

I watched the princess movies (Snow White, Cinderella, The Little Mermaid, Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast, et cetera) obsessively when I was young. And Aladdin, which was my total favorite of the non-princess stuff.
Some other animated ones as well, but not Bambi or the Lion King, which my parents deemed too sad. (I was was less than five at the time and kind of a crybaby.) I also went to Disneyland practically every other day... So it was totally part of my childhood.
I've only seen The Hunchbank of Notre Dame once at school, and I completely loathed Frollo. I thought it was a wonderful, powerful movie, but something about it freaked me out a bit.
The same can be said for Hercules, which I saw when a bit younger. It was an awesome movie, but the Underworld scenes disturbed me for some reason. They definitely would not now, but they did when I was younger.
The Lion King is also awesome.
I remember The Great Mouse Detective from television. More specifically the scenes where he falls from a clock (Big Ben?).
But Disney is awesome, and I like most of their films.
I need to see the Fox and the Hound.
Edit: Animated Robin Hood.
Oh, I was totally addicted to this.
So much.
I even have this cork bulletin board on which I had scribbled with my beloved crayons bad pictures of the characters because I was so obsessed with Robin Hood.
<3 Underrated, in my opinion.

Last edited:
My dad loves The Fox and the Hound, it's a sweet movie.

And on Robin Hood, the hamster dance was one point in that movie's opening credits sped up.

Back
Top Bottom