• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The "Fwee" Thread

Yesterday was pretty rough, but in the end I think it was a good day :) Plus it was my ten month anniversary with Reeni <3 And I got some reeeeeally good news :D

I survived!!!

Awesome!! How'd it go?

(amusingly enough I had an interview the same day you got yours! just a summer job - though they were nice enough to offer to let me keep it over winter break too - but still. adult responsibilities!)

Awesome!! How'd it go?

(amusingly enough I had an interview the same day you got yours! just a summer job - though they were nice enough to offer to let me keep it over winter break too - but still. adult responsibilities!)

I think it went pretty well, thanks! At least I didn't die! Mine is also a summer job. It's a work-study position that sounds even cooler now that I've talked to the manager and omg I want it so much.

"So let me get this straight. You're all a bunch of geeks and nerds taking advantage of a dangerous situation to play pirates?"

Reading Oceans Unmoving always chills me out and makes me feel more content. It's like the sci-fi version of Pirates of the Caribbean. It even features Timey-Wimey, wibbly-wobbly... stuff, but that part is nicely downplayed and slips into the background of the story.

The plot twist, where one of the main characters falls into the very Oceans Unmoving mentioned in the title and enters the Long Grey (a type of state where their timeline fades and they turn to stone forever), hits you in the face too.

Naturally, that simplistic plot summary doesn't do it justice, but this isn't a review thread. Plus I haven't even spoiled the plot: it's that complicated and full of depth.

god if there's onE THING I'M HAPPY ABOUT MY TWELVE-YEAR-OLD!SELF FOR it's coming up with a roleplay that kinda takes a cliche idea and mutates it into something relatively cool

even seven/almost-eight years later it's still one of the coolest things i've come up with

and in the seven-almost-eight years since i came up with it i also devised ways to refine it into something Remotely Serious that I'm actually trying to make an Actual Fic.

SO MUCH BRAINSTORMING

SO MUCH FUN

GOSH I'VE DONE SO MUCH WORK ON THIS IN THE PAST FEW DAYS

I'VE DEVELOPED IT IN WAYS THAT TWELVE/THIRTEEN-YEAR-OLD!FLORA COULDN'T HAVE EVEN DREAMED OF

AND I'VE CREATED SOME GREAT NEW CHARACTERS THAT ARE GONNA BE A BLAST TO WRITE

HECK, THEY ALREADY ARE. I SPENT LIKE AN HOUR STRAIGHT WRITING LAST NIGHT. WHICH I CAN NEVER DO.

I'M SO HAPPY GOD

powered by the glory that is Yeezus (which I only listened to for the second time yesterday after failing to get into it almost a year ago) I revamped my signature, replacing several pretentious song lyrics with pretentious lyrics from songs I actually listen to

Hmm, despite the absolute SHITSTORM that was my last relationship... it appears I've met someone new whom I really like and am kind of sort of dating.

Wow, a couple weeks. Phantom's a smooth talking romancer, what can I say. Ha.

This morning, after a long night of vodka martinis and vampire movies, I made my way to Starbucks for my usual fix-up - a venti mocha followed by a vanilla macchiato. While I was going over various musings in my head and listening to the Van Morrison song that was playing on the radio, I checked the voice mail on my phone and saw Virgin Mobile had left me a message. There had been a vital mistake on my last bill, and so I was being refunded for overcharges on my voice minutes. Later that day, I found one of those special vending machines from Coca-Cola's viral marketing campaign. It was a very memorable day.

Back
Top Bottom