• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The "Fwee" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a) discovered that I quite like Blackmore's Night, b) that the local music store which usually seems to operate on the assumption that if I want it, they don't have it, has stuff by Blackmore's Night, c) I had money with me, and (unrelated), d) knee socks with jeans is a warm combination.

Last edited:
SNOWSNOWSNOW~

I'm pretty sure if you stuck a ruler in it it would disappear. XP

I'm geeking out because I get to write a criminal profile on King Claudius for my English and Psychology classes! :D:D:D

I'm feeling absurdly happy and proud of myself because my Murder in Suburbia series 1 DVDs arrived this morning, and I've already watched them all and ordered series 2 :D

That show is just so damn good :3

^ Oh, Danni, my sister and her friend are doing Defying Gravity for a concert at our school. :D

Happy because I gave myself a Gaia avi makeover + no school. ^^

^ The best part is that you can actually hear my sister singing, which is something you can't normally hear. ^^

Tomorrow I'm going on a band trip that lasts all day! Well, I kinda don't wanna be there ALL day, but... Hey. No school ;)

On Friday I had a substitute teacher in my English class. Part of the work that we were assigned was to take an article that we were all supposed to have brought to class that day and write a six-paragraph summary of it, with five-seven sentences each paragraph.

Now, I'm never fond of doing a lot of work when I have substitute teachers, but I hate having homework like that (and it was a Friday, too, so yeah)... it's what compelled me to spend an hour and a half writing until my hand felt like it was about to fall off, wasting four sheets of paper in writing answers to questions in my science textbook, with both the question and an answer in complete sentences, when I could have done it over the weekend. I (grudgingly) started the summary after coming back from lunch that day.

At the end of the block, we were supposed to turn in both the summary and the article. I heard a couple of people in the class telling everybody else not to turn their summaries in... they thought that if nobody turned the summaries in the teacher wouldn't count them.

I'm not one for that kind of crap. I do my work when a sub's over. I turn in my work when a sub's over. Once earlier this year, a girl told the teacher that we were supposed to be having a test that day... and just about everybody in the class started going "No, we don't have a test. What are you talking about? There isn't any test!" If you've ever had a substitute teacher, you'll know the kind of thing I'm talking about... (I ended up going to the sub and telling him that we did in fact have a test... and he gave it to us.)

So I turned in my summary despite being told not to.

Today I came into English class and glanced up at the overhead for the warm-up... the first bit was something about completing the Romeo and Juliet anticipation guide, and then I saw my name under that.

"Whoa, what the heck? Why's my name up there?"

The line read "Only one person, [name], turned in both the article and the summary on Friday."

The teacher told the rest of the class that they could turn the article/summary in tomorrow with no penalty...

... but now I get ten extra credit points while most of my classmates have to summarize an article because they refused to on Friday.

:D

... but now I get ten extra credit points while most of my classmates have to summarize an article because they refused to on Friday.

:D

Haha, that's awesome. I love that satisfied feeling when I get stuff done that I know my classmates haven't started yet. =)

I took my driving test today... and passed! =D I don't think my mom's going to want me to drive to school tomorrow and then drive home alone, but still... =)

My boyfriend cleaned my fridge. I helped, but he did all the dirty work.

We threw out like 98% of everything because it had all gone moldy. It was so fun! XD Man, he is awesome. And my mom's paying him $30 for it, too. <333

Despite waking up at three and getting back to sleep at four this morning, I woke up feeling well-rested, which almost never happens. I'm also in a lasting good mood.

I have four different kinds of jam! Raspberry, strawberry, blackcurrant and blueberry. Viva la choice!

...it's very exciting for me, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom