• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The HeartGold/SoulSilver Status Thread

My run-in with that damned Umbreon opened my eyes to the necessary-ness of a Fighting type in my team. It's Mankey time, baby. Searched for AGES for a Mankey with Vital Spirit with a good nature. But I finally found one (Impish meh) so I've been spending the past couple of hours training him up. I'm pretty confidant in my team, tbh. I honestly think it will all come down to getting lucky and getting Mamoswine's Blizzards to hit when I need them to.

My Dudes:

Cuddles (Primeape) level 38
Ysosrs (Crobat) level 38
Worf (Magmar) level 39
Chet (Slowbro) level 39
Lurpak (Ampharos) level 39
Hubert (Mamoswine) level 39

Don't know when I'm going to get them into the E4, level-wise. I haven't even set foot in Victory road yet, so I guess I'll see what levels they are when I get through there. I'm extremely patient when it comes to leveling my dudes, especially now that I have access to Route 26, it's 650 xp per battle Pokemanz, and the healy lady right next to a patch of grass, so I might actually get them relatively high-up there. Who knows.

In Eruteak. I would be much further by now but I'm letting my brother train some more so we can battle sometime soon. So I've just been voltorb flipping for hours.

My team is

Ty/Quilava
Ned/Ekans
Debby/Bellsprout
Ellen/Gastly
Stan/Stantler

All level 22. I also have an Unown-H named TieFighter but I'm not using it. Starting to really like Ekans now as well. I never really used one before and now I realise how much I like them.

Cynda/Bayleef lvl 27
Scollie/Growlithe lvl 26
Draco/Dratini lvl 26
Eevee/Glaceon lvl 27
Aqua/Lanturn lvl 27
Shadow/Drifblim lvl 28

Training up so team will stop being one shotted by Jasmine's attacks outside the Safari Zone. o.o Also wondering how I completely forgot to add a Nidoran - Nidoking to my team, even though it's one of my favorites.

Beat Misty and Surge, and caught a Timid Suicune, yeeeeeaaaaah!

Guess I'll save bluegreencyangary for tomorrow.

DANGIT Game Freak, "I love this gym, it's full of strong Trainers!" is not nearly as funny as "I love this gym, it's full of women!" The creepy old guy will be creepy and hilarious no longer :( At least I can get my laughs on LeafGreen.

DANGIT Game Freak, "I love this gym, it's full of strong Trainers!" is not nearly as funny as "I love this gym, it's full of women!" The creepy old guy will be creepy and hilarious no longer :( At least I can get my laughs on LeafGreen.

Really? "Full of strong trainers" can have so many more creepy connotations to it, if you ask me.

Um, well, my dudes are all level 40 now. Probably gonna bin one, grab my Geodude Strength/Rocksmash slave, and head into Victory Road, I guess. =/

(I hate all Victory Roads)

(I am honestly more worried about getting through Victory Road than I am about the E4)

(I hate all Victory Roads)

(I am honestly more worried about getting through Victory Road than I am about the E4)

Oh, I totally agree. I hated it in Diamond, and I'm dreading it in HeartGold.

...it's really short and there are no trainers in it. I don't think anyone likes them, but this one is probably the tamest of the lot. :/

WHOO since I'm here.

[Windmill] Elekid (M) Level 28
[Maya] Gengar (F) Level 29
[Gatorface] Croconaw (M) Level 29
[Jish] Gloom (M) Level 28
[Flamelo] Fearow (M) Level 29
[Firebolt] Growlithe (M) Level 28

In the middle of training other things so that they might evolve and net me more 'dex data (I currently have 87 registered, need 13 more before I take on Chuck). Yay~

Also I never did find another Snubbull while training on Route 38. Which is pretty stupid since I spent ~forever~ over there. x_x

...it's really short and there are no trainers in it. I don't think anyone likes them, but this one is probably the tamest of the lot. :/

In that case, good! I thought that perhaps they might have expanded it since the originals, but evidently not, which is good.

Anyway, digression.

After realising my team is alarmingly under trained for Chuck, I'm 'grinding' (If that's the right term, I've never actually used it before) in the water at Route 42. Joy.

Valain (Nidorino) level 26
Sefia (Growlithe) level 26
Raillicot (Eevee) level 25
Orcesis (Murkrow) level 27
Rafeil (Shellder) level 27
Remolo (Bayleef) level 27

^ Yup, that's the right term.

So I have a growlithe in the daycare (pokewalker is reserved for my fail of a baby mareep. Does it really take 3000 steps to go from level 1 to level 2?) that refuses to grow levels, so I'm killing time in the addictive Pokéathlon.

I've won all five courses and am currently trying to get smiley (my togetic) to win all five as well. i love this place.

chuck wasn't too bad. everyone unevolved and I still managed to win. The trainer with hitmonchan was worse.

I have a level 32 mareep, damnit.

Nothing important to note except holy shit yes I got a shiny Poliwag last night. Astral. My first caught by me, too~

Grinding everyone to level 35/6 to take on Archer in the Radio Tower and his damn speedy Houndoom and briefly considering sticking Astral in the Daycare Center so I can add her to the team (but then I'd be short one Psychic, so no.) I'm also trying to get enough Athlete points for several Rare Candies; I need stock.

Lagan [Quilava] lv 35

Goethe [Slowpoke] lv 32

Kenya [Fearow] lv 35

Goliath (changed the name again) [Persian] lv 35

Fritz [Haunter] lv 32

Tankjazz [Magneton] lv 33

AAAAND Blue is finally down!
After 3 tries.
Okay, on the first try I had Laluz up front and Blue sent out Exeggcutor. Fail.
Second try, I sent Pele out first, but then Exeggcutor got a Crit on Psychic and killed me. Fail.
Third try, I got a Crit on Flamethrower, then beat the crap out of the rest of his team. But CRAP that Pidgeot was annoying.

Jasmine has just been defeated! Steelix was annoying.

My party(all at Lv. 26)
Polio/Poliwirl(M)
Flaro/Quilava(M)
Slasho/Sandslash(M)
Wooda/Sudowoodo(F)
Toro/Tauros(M)
Vio/Espeon(M)

Made a little progress today, but not much. I started training Dratini and got him to evolve. Yay for traded EXP boost! (:D) I also played Voltorb Flip a lot, and I managed to get to Lv. 7, a new record for me! (:D) Now that I have 10000+ coins, I'm considering getting a Porygon, evolving it, and adding a Porygon-Z to my party. Monstrous Sp. Atk + type diversity = win. If I use one, I'll probably take out Kangaskhan or Rapidash. I also beat Erika, who was actually somewhat difficult. Not too much, but she was able to kill my Rapidash twice and my Dodrio once.

My team
Lv. 45 Rapidash
Lv. 45 Dodrio
Lv. 45 Electrode
Lv. 45 Feraligatr
Lv. 45 Kangaskhan
Lv. 30 Dragonair

To Do List:
-Decide whether or not to get a Porygon, and if so, evolve it immediately.
-Train on random trainers until everyone is much higher leveled
-EVOLVE DRAGONAIR

Well, i've seemingly just defeated Cianwood and Olivine gyms without breaking a sweat last night, that's a good sign.

My team could do with some overall training up but its starting to look a lot more an actual finished team.

Name: Davis
Badges: 6

dragonair
Mirage LV32
Twister / Hyper Beam / Headbutt / Dragon Rage

Gengar
Demetri LV29
Hypnosis / Shadow Ball / Shadow Claw / Night Shade

Glaceon
Crevasse LV30
Icy Wind / Ice Beam / Iron Tail / Bite

Raichu
Volkner LV28
Thundershock / Headbutt / Quick Attack / Thunder

quilava
Bombsey LV23
Ember / Flame Wheel / Tackle / Quick Attack

quagsire
Squishee LV23
Surf / Focus Punch / Rock Smash / Mud Shot

Vigourous training (like evolving Quilava and preparing Mirage to become a Dragonite soon-ish) then i'm headed for Mahogany.

Last edited:
WEEEELL, was gonna take on the E4 last night, but I wasn't feeling well so I just trained a bit. My team, I hope, is ready now. Ho boy.

My Dudes:

Lurpak (Ampharos) level 45
Worf (Magmar) level 45
Ysosrs (Crobat) level 45
Hubert (Mamoswine) level 45
Chuckles (Primeape) level 45
Chet (Slowbro) level 45

LET'S DO IT.

WEEEELL, was gonna take on the E4 last night, but I wasn't feeling well so I just trained a bit. My team, I hope, is ready now. Ho boy.

My Dudes:

Lurpak (Ampharos) level 45
Worf (Magmar) level 45
Ysosrs (Crobat) level 45
Hubert (Mamoswine) level 45
Chuckles (Primeape) level 45
Chet (Slowbro) level 45

LET'S DO IT.

EDIT: DID IT. Wow, 45 is overleveled for the E4. I roflstomped the first three. Karen's Umbreon and Gengar (wtf is that focus blast or whatever shit?) gave me a bit of trouble, but it only took two tries. Got Lance in a oner. Was worried about that level 50 Dragonite and it's fire blast, but I actually one shot it without noticing it was the level 50 one. Whatever. Onto Kanto!

Also, SOMEONE GET ME A GIF OF THAT DANCING PHANPHY FROM THE CREDITS. WANT.

If you think the E4 was easy wait for the rematch. Beat everyone in Kanto then challenge them again.

Back
Top Bottom