• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The LGBT Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
fag.

no it's cool. not something i'd wear but it spreads a message of love and tolerance and shows everyone that fags > *

That is an amazing shirt~ Go Questionable Content :D I'd get one if I had the courage to actually wear it in public. (Yeah, I'll wear a rainbow sweater and bracelet with a short pink skirt and multi-colored tights for coming out day but I won't wear a shirt like that because it's too obvious. People here are allowed to slap me x.x)

That shirt is so gay. As in happy. It is a happy shirt.

i'm pretty sure no one at my school knows what 'lgbt' is except for the teachers so the message is kind of lost but errr
edit: well like 70% of them are gay but still.

edit2: just found out Hans Christian Andersen of all people was bisexual. I kind of had a 'left-field' moment there, like I always do when I find out some proeminent figure from my childhood was anything but straight.
Has anyone had this happen to them or is it internalized heteronormativity.

Last edited:
Nah that happens to me all the time. I'm like "...they're a gay?"

I mean it even happened with my friend's father. I used to go over to her house every Wednesday and then a few years ago he came out as gay. That was like "...who knew."

that's happened to me before. you honestly can't tell a difference in most people from a heterosexual person if you don't know. then it's like "i had no idea..." haha.

yo miror b, 'course you can join. welcome~

Iroh mistook a very androgynous girl for a boy. She flipped out. When her friend comforted her she was like, "I know, you're right. As long as I'm confident in myself, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks."

<3.

Know what's weird? The more comfortable I'm getting to be with my male self, the more self-conscious I'm getting. I mean not so much in how my body looks, I don't really care, but that I can't exercise and gain muscle mass as a teenage boy should. That plus the asthma really fucks me up, because I love exercise and it's part of my mental image of boyverne so I'm yeah. Sigh.

I'm trying to start exercising myself, but this would be like attempt number 9001 and I tend to give it up after a few days. This time I'm putting smiley faces in a notebook for every day I meet my goal as positive reinforcement. :) I need something to make me feel like less of a lazy unemployed ass, and it should help in the long run anyway.

Hahaha, that shirt is awesome.

Funny thing; my APUSH textbook for some reason felt the need to point out every gay historical figure ever. Walt Whitman I already knew, but Horatio Alger was kind of a surprise. And apparently there was some kind of women's labor thing where most of the participating women were lesbians.

And she's not exactly a historical figure, but I was really excited what I found out that Meowth's old voice actor was a transwoman. :D

You have a way cooler APUSH book than I did. Mine mentioned the lgbt movement in passing but that was it.

I don't know what APUSH is but none of my history books ever had a list of famous LGBT people. Whenever someone was gay or bi it might be mentioned (like Leonardo da Vinci) but other than that v:huh:v
I had a teacher who gave us a small speech (complete with graph) about THIS BEING THE 21ST CENTURY and WE HAVE TO ACCEPT DIFFERENCES and NO ONE IS COMPLETELY STRAIGHT OR GAY WE'RE ALL BI out of the blue but apart from that we only talk about queer issues in Ethics and it's pretty much me and a small group of others against willful retards. I mean I was pleasantly surprised at the support gay issues got but they were all like 'durp trannies choose to be the other gender!' and wouldn't listen to me when I said that no, there was a choice in having an operation or not, not in being born the wrong gender.

But they would not listen ):

APUSH = Advanced Placement US History.

Our textbook went into some detail on the beginning of the gay rights movement. Our teacher made us write note cards of important people in the movement, the Stonewall riots, things like that. Feminism was covered a whole lot too. :]

ffff that is all
ppl r dum thx

rofl so IRRELEVANTLY i guess or something
I changed my name on the facebooks (lol whut) to matt and am waiting for the responses

so far: 'hey is that you? just checkin.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom