• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The LGBT Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
tbh it isn't that big of a deal, really. I say this has someone who has yet to come out to his parents, but I mean, it's k. Some of my friends know, and none of them really ... care. We still do all the same shit we used to (except less often because I rarely go outside) and it's not that bad.

Just wait it out, I guess? One day you'll be in a position to do as you like regardless of your parents' and family's opinion, and whilst it isn't nice to think 'well I can cut them out of my life if they hate me', it's always a possibility. And it probably won't be that bad anyway because most people soften when it's their gay child and not someone else's.

Ignore the horror stories, they're horrory.

hey faggots, post moar

no srs >:( also is anyone kind of worried now that the Conservatives are back in power? A 'rising star' in their party runs a 'pray the gay away' thingy. I FEEL UNEASY

I am a bit, for the reason you mentioned and also because the interview Cameron did in Attitude wasn't really convincing at all. He was apparently unaware faith schools are more homophobic than non-faith ones (SHOCKER), is allied with the Polish Law & Justice Party (now led by late Lech's closeted brother, actually), said he thinks the ideal home for a kid is 'obviously' with a mum and a dad and just wouldn't give any straight answers at all.
I mean, he never really does, but in this case he just went off babbling complete nonsense.
He also looked really uncomfortable in the pictures, haha.

No changing 'civil union' to marriage any time soon at any rate.

In Belgium news: Pride this Saturday. Hoping for non-shitty weather.

Pride was cool.

Also the Pope left Portugal and literally three days later we legalized gay marriage. 8th country in the world to do so. NOT THE LAST FOR ONCE HAHAHA who's progressive now Britain

raaaaaaarg shurrup |B Everyone I talk to here is either 'but gays have marriage already?' 'civil what now?' ect. soo with this line of thinking plus the Tory goverment I'm assuming nothing going to happen for a long while. Fft.

Good show though Portugal. \o/

Also Drowzee hope things are okay?

Gah. I know it sounds awful, but I do wish I could change my sexuality. Because I know I'm inevitably going to have to come out someday. Or maybe I won't, because I'm such a freaking coward.

Mom asked me the other day if I was gay... she said it would be okay if I were. But I denied it. >_>; Ugh! Nobody outside of TCoD even knows.

I'm pretty much in the same boat. :\

I mean, I've told my sister, but that coming-out was a huge mess. I didn't exactly tell her so much as pause for a really long time after she asked...but I wish I could do it over again so I wouldn't come off as so cowardly and reluctant about it. >.> Anyway, she hasn't even come close to bringing it up since; ever since about 10 minutes after I told her, it's been pretty much like I never told her in the first place, so I don't really count that, and I consider myself nearly 100% closeted.

I've always sort of told myself that if someone asks, and specifically says that they'd be okay with it, I wouldn't deny it. But seeing as that's never happened to me, I'm not exactly sure what I would do if the situation actually arose. Either way I feel like by now I should have been able to ACTUALLY tell someone.

It's a non-event, really, when you eventually do it. Your friends will be like "oh. so you're still coming to town Friday, right?" [insert equivalent activity there]

So like, tonight I kept flirting with girls. And forgetting I'm gay. Until after the flirting. I AM STILL DOING IT ON FACEBOOK WHYYYY

I can tell all your parents, my tact switch is permanently off.

I graduated as sarah bruno and that made me kind of feel sick but, whatever, I guess.

A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME and all that.

i mean in this cause you're like, the thorny bit that makes you bleed, but that's totally part of the rose.

... :D

Also Drowzee hope things are okay?

We haven't really talked about it since, but nonetheless things are going OK.

Uhh... In other news, for English I wrote a little thing about being gay even though the assignment had to be read to the class. Given the homophobic atmosphere of my school and my overly passive nature, that actually took a bit of guts.

Damnit I wanna see two guys or two girls holding hands or someone go trans or SOMETHING at my school. Moar rainbowz n fabulousness plox.

Last edited:
[in which spaekle comes here to bitch]

Yeeeah, I have problems related to graduation. Boys and girls wear different-colored gowns for some fucking reason, which pisses me off enough, but beyond that my mom is being all LOL YOU NEED TO GET DRESSED UP YOU'RE GRADUATING HIGH SCHOOL where I'm like WHAT THE FUCK, I'M ACTUALLY KIND OF OFFENDED THAT PEOPLE CONSIDER THIS AN ACCOMPLISHMENT. JUST GIVE ME MY FUCKING LAPTOP AND LET ME GO SOMEWHERE BETTER THAN THIS SHITHOLE.

I don't think there's any way I can get out of going to this. It's the "fuck no I'm not wearing a dress" part that's the issue. Last time I went out in a skirt (which was around two years ago) I came home honestly thinking I was going to kill myself, and I'd rather not have a repeat of that. :\ I'm just not really sure how to make this work. I don't own anything besides pants, so we'll have to go shopping. I'm probably just going to have to be all :\ at everything until my mom gets it. Worst-case scenario is I get a dress and wear shorts under it, for psychological comfort more than anything else. :[

I kind of want to wear my ugly-ass blue crocs just to spite everyone.

Last edited:
What's with the hate towards dresses? Regardless of sexual preference or gender identity, there is nothing as fabulous as a well-made dress. <3

What's with the hate towards dresses? Regardless of sexual preference or gender identity, there is nothing as fabulous as a well-made dress. <3

...yesterday I went out in a bright hot-pink miniskirt. With fabulous black tights. ;D And I bought a dress recently! *is a terrible tomboy*

When I was younger and more tomboyish I was squeamish at the thought of wearing a dress, but I wore a beautiful pink princess one at my prom. I actually hate it when people are like "...wow I never expected that from YOU" about that -- just because I'm not straight and like to wear masculine clothing the rest of the time, it doesn't mean I don't want to wear feminine clothes too. I hate that you have to be one or the other nowadays. :(

imo the gender binary clothing scale should just be abolished. I still totally get what you're saying, Spaekle, it's the opposite situation to me but one that I fully understand. My female friend went to our prom in an amazing suit just because she doesn't like dresses, and it's horrible that females especially have such pressure on wearing a dress at proms and graduations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom