• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The LGBT Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no gaydar :I The only time I made the assumption that someone might be gay and was right was because of the fact that he wore a rainbow bracelet that says "Pride". The fact that he's more than a bit of a queen didn't hurt either, but there's a lot of allegedly straight queens in my area. So yeah.

Also! I've discovered that the teenagers in my general area are WAY more accepting of gay/bi people than the adults. Neither group is horribly trans-friendly, though :/

Ha! If you want the most conservative, ignorant, annoying, and backwards people to hang out with, come visit me.

Tip: They're Amish.

I think it's pretty surprising that considering I live in Belgium my school is so homophobic ?_? I mean we have a tiny bunch of out gay guys, there used to be this one gay couple and a lesbian one who also left. People talked about seeing them hold hands or kiss like it was the weirdest thing ever, it's completely bizarre to me, haha.

We even have two male teachers who are married to each other but they avoid any mention of the subject/homosexuality like the plague. It's not by never talking about it and treating it like the elephant in the room that we're ever going to get anywhere. :/

We even have two male teachers who are married to each other
that's adorable omg
but being in a homophobic school sucks ;_;

HEY I HAVE A QUESTION FOR ANY BISEXUALS/PEOPLE WHO LIKE MORE THAN ONE GENDER
d'you ever feel like you might be completely gay or completely straight sometimes
I keep getting the feeling that I might be panromantic homosexual (as much as I hate to use loads of labels)... goddamnit I really don't want to be anything other than bi/pan everything.
I still do get sexual attraction to women but... not NEARLY as much as with men.
Sorry if I sound like a twat :(

d'you ever feel like you might be completely gay or completely straight sometimes
I keep getting the feeling that I might be panromantic homosexual (as much as I hate to use loads of labels)... goddamnit I really don't want to be anything other than bi/pan everything.
I still do get sexual attraction to women but... not NEARLY as much as with men.

I do. I don't think of women sexually often, not half as often as I think of men. *shrugs*

Not sure, I feel about the same amount of attraction for both men and women. Slightly more for women, maybe; I rarely find male celebrities genuinely attractive or anything.

I used to think I might be completely gay, but now it just sort of varies, I guess? Average day of the week, I'm probably feeling equal for both genders.

that's adorable omg
but being in a homophobic school sucks ;_;

Well, I'm WAAAY more attracted to girls physically, but I've only ever had crushes on boys I think :/ But I've been pining after one and only one guy since before I was really sure in my identity so. I'd like to date a girl one day if me and my boyfriend don't quite work out. Or if he's open to me experimenting on the side, which I'm not sure he wouldn't be.

BUT ANYWAY YES, sometimes I'm not sure if I'm actually gay.

I'm attracted physically to guys only, pretty much, but I have romantic feelings for both genders. So I think that's a six on the Kinsey scale.

The worst part about living here is the stereotype that all gay males want to be females, or all crossdress. And a few years ago there actually was a move-in open gay guy, who happened to perfectly fit the stereotype. And that has not helped.

Also the whole mentality "I'm okay with gay guys as long as they don't hit on me." Who the hell do you think you are? Some physical GOD that every guy would do immediately even though you can't get a chick? That gay people are all sexual predators?

Jolty said:

yes, I feel this sometimes; now that I have a boyfriend, for example, I feel less attraction to women I guess? It's hard to explain. I think I generally am attracted to men more than I am women, except that there are specific women I know that I'm very attracted to.

_Ditto_ said:
Also the whole mentality "I'm okay with gay guys as long as they don't hit on me." Who the hell do you think you are? Some physical GOD that every guy would do immediately even though you can't get a chick? That gay people are all sexual predators?
I agree, and it irritates me that many of these people wouldn't object to having heterosexual friends of the opposite sex for the same reason. If you're not attracted to someone, isn't it going to be just as uncomfortable if they hit on you regardless of their sexual orientation? I mean, if a gay person hits on you, at least you can fall back on 'sorry I don't swing that way' without making it ridiculously uncomfortable.

Completely irrelevant to the current topic (But still (vaguely) related to LGBT stuff regardless!), but anyway!

I love my General Studies teacher! On our first lesson thereof, she was talking about how she used to work for Amnesty International and was once going round talking to people about gay rights and such. One man she came to apparently said something like "If it weren't illegal, I'd kill all homosexual people, they are scum raargh!" She then asked him if he had children, to which he replied "Five." She told us how utterly horrified she was that five innocent kids were going to have such awful views passed onto them. Made me smile in a weird way, since I've never actually heard a teacher talking about gay rights (Also the entire group looked similarly disgusted by this guy so I like them too).

And then today we got onto the topic of paedophilia and she gave possibly my favourite sexuality-related argument and said "It's something they can't change, they can't help being attracted to children" and people were all "Yeah but it's wrong to act on it" and she said "I don't condone sexually assaulting children, but think of it this way: If you're a straight guy and you were told you could never touch a woman ever again, how would you feel?" I don't know why but the fact she said "if you were a straight guy" rather than just, like, "If you were male" or something. Seriously I adore people who like actively recognise the existence of gay people, since most people I meet who find out I'm gay are kind of shocked in a way that gives off the idea that they'd never have considered they'd ever actually KNOW a gay person.

...Am I making any sense? I doubt it.

Good on your teacher, Zeph! She sounds hella cool.
I've only rarely heard people talk about/acknowledge gay people in my school. I had an awesome English teacher who would just casually mention gay or trans people in passing (which is one of my favourite attitudes because it feels nice to see people just treat us normally) and my Biology teacher would always say 'a straight couple' whenever we talked about reproduction, haha. Then again she is more aware than others because her sister's husband divorced her to marry a guy :v and they're all coming to dinner at my house next month YEAAAAH

We're actually watching Brokeback Mountain in Advanced English and the same two guys keep making annoying groaning and mocking sounds whenever we mention the book. The teacher does NOTHING. I was the one who had to snap at them so they'd shut up, which I think is completely retarded.
But one of them is Latvian what can you expect. *elitist shrug*

Jolty said:
Yepp, all the time. As far as I'm concerned with my romantic/sexual preferences, I'm dead-center on the Kinsey scale, right between purely straight and purely homosexual. So there can be some days where I'm feeling "Oh God, please make these dudes stop touching me" and there are some where I'm feeling 100% GAY MODE and you know. But in a neutral state, as I'm feeling right now as I type this, I feel dead-even between male and female.

While I'm posting here...
_Ditto_ said:
YES.

Two of the four guys I've come out to have said that "as long as you don't come onto me" bit. I didn't say anything to them, but...yeah. You hit the nail right on the head, Ditto.

Last edited:
OH! This hits the nail on the head!

Our homecoming dance is this Friday, and on one of the posters for it, it says "No same sex couples," which on one hand really bugs me, because it would be like saying "No African Americans." But on the other, I know several guys at our school would all go together and just be mocking the whole concept which is also very insulting.

And I can't say anything about it without my sexuality coming into question and possibly outing myself to the entire school and my parents and ending my life.

EDIT: I was talking with a friend about this, and she mentioned that it was meant to stop friends going together on a cheaper couples ticket.

Last edited:
Our homecoming dance is this Friday, and on one of the posters for it, it says "No same sex couples," which on one hand really bugs me, because it would be like saying "No African Americans." But on the other, I know several guys at our school would all go together and just be mocking the whole concept which is also very insulting.

EDIT: I was talking with a friend about this, and she mentioned that it was meant to stop friends going together on a cheaper couples ticket.
This makes sense in context, but still, that is still discriminatory and it's sad that they even mentioned it explicitly, like that.

Wait, so... Can't two people of opposite sex be friends? Surely they could get in cheap on a couples' ticket too? Frankly that entire concept seems illogical. Maybe you should ask about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom