• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The QUILTBAG Club (formerly the LGBT club)

ultraviolet

sorry, i'm never going to stop being mad about it.
Staff member
Pronoun
she/her
Making a new thread because the last one's pretty huge now. :)

ETA: QUILTBAG stands for Queer/Questioning, Undecided, Intersex, Lesbian, Trans, Bisexual, Asexual, Gay! It's much better than saying the LGBT club (the A is invisible.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: The LGBT Club, Mk II

FIRST

yeah the old one had the post eating glitch anyway

Re: The LGBT Club, Mk II

That would be because it's big.

I'M RENAMING IT.

Me too! It's much more inclusive. And it's a word!

And everyone likes quilts, right?!

oh my god

quiltbag is following me everywhere

wtf is this madness!!!

Over at GovTeen we've recently restructured the forum index and moved a ton of forums, and a bunch of members are kicking off because we moved the gay forum to our Communities category (idk it's retarded). ANYWAY there's a thread about how the forum isn't inclusive of asexuals, so one guy posted in big red letters QUILTBAG OR BUST.

... now everyone wants to rename the forum QUILTBAG :(

Nah. 'Queer' isn't always used as a blanket term, and it also doesn't really include the A.

Well, QUILTBAG isn't always used either. o_O I'm not suggesting changing it, just that it is a good blanket term that is, well, more well-known and such and such.

Also it does too include the A.

Queer is an umbrella term for minority sexual orientations and gender identities[1] that are not heterosexual, heteronormative or gender-binary.

Oh wow, I just realised that QUILTbag is a BLANKET term. *easily amused*

I love how nobody knows what QUILTBAG stands for, so I can just sort of use it wherever I go and not get weird looks. LGBT sounds too much like a sandwich.

The QUILTBAG Club: Not queers/questioning/undecided/intersex/lesbians/transsexuals/bisexuals/asexuals/gays, just people who like talking about the acronym.

Where is this post leading? I have no idea.

Nah. 'Queer' isn't always used as a blanket term, and it also doesn't really include the A.
iirc, 'queer' is just 'literally everything and anything that isn't straight 100% hetero'. which, I would assume, includes asexuality. it's also got more of a punch to it than 'LGBT'.

that said, QUILTBAG is an awesome name.

oh and sign me up plz. can't remember if I did in the last thread, but may as well now. :D

I mean that queer is not always a blanket term. o_o It can be used for everyone non-cisgendered heterosexual, but I at least mostly see it used for genderqueer.

Ah, well I don't know how much you hang out in er, the QUILTBAG (eheh) community, but it is a very commonly used term. Well, among queer people, meaning it's not very common at all. :v

Back
Top Bottom