• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The QUILTBAG Club (formerly the LGBT club)

Hahaha, it did feel like that, didn't it? :D He's so passive-aggressive (Kurt, not Chris, obviously).

And yyyeah, a lot of the time the writers seem to be writing different shows entirely. Ian's writing a black comedy, Brad is writing a thoughtful drama, and Ryan is... writing a Ryan Murphy thing. I'm not sure what it is, but sometimes it works and sometimes it *really* doesn't. Ergh. I hope it goes well. :c If they manage to keep Blaine IC I don't think he'll really have an issue with it, though.

I was going to ask why we're having a Glee discussion in a non-Glee thread, but then I remembered that this is the QUILTBAG club and it all made sense.

Anyway, Kurt doesn't deserve Blaine. Blaine is too sexy for him, imo. It'd be like fucking a puppy. So yeah, I'm totally anti-Burt.

Seriously, the Celibacy Club? D: WHY IS RACHEL THERE? She gave it a massive smackdown in like, the third episode of season one! Why have they retconned her into a virginal virgin of virginity? e_e It makes no sense.

REMEMBER WHO ELSE WAS IN CELIBACY CLUB?

PUCKERMAN.

AND QUINN.

UNCELIBACY CLUB.

There's also this, wherein Gaga was the one who took the initiative and backed out of a deal with Target due to them being affiliated with anti-gay groups and politicians.

There's also this, wherein Gaga was the one who took the initiative and backed out of a deal with Target due to them being affiliated with anti-gay groups and politicians.

Option 1: Make a massive profit from a super-popular public figure's exclusive deal.
Option 2: Support various homophobic figures, losing loyalties.

HRMMMM

Option 1: Make a massive profit from a super-popular public figure's exclusive deal.
Option 2: Support various homophobic figures, losing loyalties.

HRMMMM
It's as though they think the various homophobic figures are somehow more popular. Wtf

Ramble time!

So apparently my crush alternates "oh my god don't touch me" days and ridiculously-affectionate-to-the-point-of-awkward (RATTPOA) days. Today? Oh, today was the weirdest RATTPOA days ever.

Seriously, she was hugging me a lot. Jesus was getting crucified and we were supposed to be crying and she hugged me, which does not normally happen. (and she fixed my headband but that's beside the point) And she said we were gonna go on a "date" because my other friend and her boyfriend were going out with us after the play.

Also she really needs to stop with the whole Turn Back O Man thing (for all intents and purposes it's a freaking slut song), even said other friend was a little weirded out by it.

EDIT: my god it never ends.

The random-Jesus-is-dying-hug happened again, Turn Back O Man happened again, and it just keeps getting worse O_o

(that being said, if we can only get girls for my epic Godspell production and she forces me to e Jesus I'll know why...)

tl;dr STOP MAKING ME QUESTION YOUR HETEROSEXUALITY DAMNIT

Last edited:
tumblr_liha7zkgl21qfjwppo1_500.png

This just happened on my Facebook [I'm the Alex there, if you're wondering]. It kinda made me wonder... are people just kind of uneducated about gays? I mean, I live in a horribly chavvy area, so it could just be that that's what they've been taught, but I don't know... It just kinda made my blood boil, and I wanted to vent.

They are uneducated. It's all in the questions they ask and comments they make. Stupid stuff like "So since you're gay, do you like me?" "So when did you decide to become gay?" "Well as long as you don't try to come onto me or anything..." etc. Around where I live, people have only one perception of gays, and that's in the form of the drag queen. It's sad.

SO, guys, I have a question relevant to my life:

How do you convince someone that bisexuality does, in fact, exist, without coming out? Because one of my friends keeps saying that and it's kinda offensive to me, but at the same time I don't wanna say "Hey, I'm bi, what now" because then they'll ask who I like and since I keep crushing on my friends...

On a completely unrelated note my crush got me to sing with some form of a British accent (probably a London one, not entirely sure). Her reaction? Legitimately squealing and shouting "Do it again!" Followed by more squealing when I obliged. I...don't know what to make of this.

Sooooo a while ago, my sister asked if I wanted to be referred to with male pronouns, to which I said yes. So she's been referring to me as male to her family (she was fostered fyi), whom I had expected to be way more closed-minded because the dad is often racist, sexist, anti-gay, etc. But apparetntly I'm cool, which is really cool imo, just... Giving them a new experience and receiving a reaction I didn't expect.

On the other hand, my brother reacted in annoyance when my sister referred to me as a dude. Which is just crap. :(

Well my life was going well, until today, when I realized I have a crush on a girl.

This wouldn't be too bad except that I don't have a physical attraction for her, and that caused me to wonder if I've ever had anything more than a physical attraction for guys.

And this has thrown my entire sexuality into doubt.

Well if it's only a romantic attraction, then that likely makes you biromantic. It's not that complicated, really.

SO, guys, I have a question relevant to my life:

How do you convince someone that bisexuality does, in fact, exist, without coming out? Because one of my friends keeps saying that and it's kinda offensive to me, but at the same time I don't wanna say "Hey, I'm bi, what now" because then they'll ask who I like and since I keep crushing on my friends...

Maybe you could bring up a made-up relative or friend who's bisexual? That way you can act offended on their behalf. If they're a decent friend then they'll surely think twice about insulting you - and you can still educate them at the same time!

Well my life was going well, until today, when I realized I have a crush on a girl.

This wouldn't be too bad except that I don't have a physical attraction for her, and that caused me to wonder if I've ever had anything more than a physical attraction for guys.

Don't take this the wrong way, but... why do you care? So maybe you're not gay. Who cares? Has your entire life hinged on the fact that you might be gay? So maybe you're not sure what you are! Who cares? Maybe you're bi, or maybe you're gay but just happen to like this one girl. Maybe you like each person in a different way, and it's useless to try to generalise. Maybe gender doesn't matter.

In short: who cares?

I sometimes (well, often) get something ("crushes"? eh, don't like that word) similar-sounding to this on female friends of mine. (They're certainly the kind of feelings that would lead me to, if they were gay guys instead of women, ask them out and such.) But in the absence of male genitalia, I would describe my personal feelings more as the sudden inexplicable urge to get an apartment room together. (Is that a quirky description? Maybe so.)

My take on the matter: Think on it more, give it a few years, see where it takes you. Go with the flow, be fluid, maybe go so far as to get an apartment with this girl (er, that was mostly a metaphor). But don't decide you have to be strictly any sexuality (even bi- or pansexual). Do what you want now and save the labels for your posthumous Wikipedia article.

One of my friends likes to talk about her "lady-boner". I feel like that's kind of a good metaphor for my feelings. No actual boner for either of us, but the (non-sexual, for me) feelings associated therein.

I sometimes (well, often) get something ("crushes"? eh, don't like that word) similar-sounding to this on female friends of mine. (They're certainly the kind of feelings that would lead me to, if they were gay guys instead of women, ask them out and such.) But in the absence of male genitalia, I would describe my personal feelings more as the sudden inexplicable urge to get an apartment room together. (Is that a quirky description? Maybe so.)

That's almost exactly how I feel about her, actually.

And I guess it's not the end of the world, but I felt like I had everything figured out and it was great, and then to realize that I still don't know was unsettling.

Well if that's the case, then there's nothing wrong. You like who you want to like. That's it. Simple, no?

Dear QUILTBAG Club.
On facebook, there is a survey that asks two questions. It gives four options but you can only choose one.
At the time of writing, here are the votes:

"Do you support Gay Rights and Weed Legalization"
592,375 - (Gay Rights) Yes
97,793 - (Gay Rights) No
395,080 - (Weed) Yes
102,060 - (Weed) No

592,375. to 97,793.

This makes me happy.

Back
Top Bottom