• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The QUILTBAG Club (formerly the LGBT club)

This Ken Livingstone guy, he's my new friend. :3

so I came out in a roundabout way to my trans*-ish friend and she said she already had guessed, so! Blastoise is not as ninja as he thought

This Ken Livingstone guy, he's my new friend. :3
Livingstone did jack shit to stop the ads, it was Boris Johnson (the current Tory (right-wing) mayor) who got them banned. All Ken has done is to try to turn the situation into political capital against Boris. At least Brian Paddick (the Lib Dem (left-ish-wing?) mayoral candidate who, incidentally, is also gay) had the decency not to turn this into a shit-flinging contest.*

I find the actual censorship a little problematic** (after all, the Atheist Bus ads went unchallenged even though they're arguably equally as offensive to believers as this is to LGBT people) but I think the sentiment behind it is very admirable. Good to know that Bojo supports LGBT rights, which is better than what many of his Tory colleagues can claim.

*Fun fact: Brian Paddick is actually a pretty cool guy. As well as having been the UK's most senior openly-gay police officer, he also encouraged the police to turn a blind eye to cannabis possession in favour of actually dealing with proper crimes. It's a shame that, as a Lib Dem candidate he probably doesn't have much chance at getting elected. That said, I think a lot of left-leaning people are getting tired of Ken Livingstone. Anyway that's enough sidetracking for one post...

**Just to clarify, I agree that they qualify as hate speech and I think the decision to ban them is probably correct.

Last edited:
Completely irrelevant but I've been laughing at 'Bojo' for the past five minutes, thanks for that.

Completely irrelevant but I've been laughing at 'Bojo' for the past five minutes, thanks for that.
It suits him perfectly! He's the archetypal public school lad. It's definitely not hard to imagine him yelling "BANTAAAH" as he downs a pint in front of a crowd of cheering First XV boys.

Also, it's probably better than the alternative. "BJ for mayor!"

Livingstone did jack shit to stop the ads.

woops how do i uk politics

The college that I'm looking at the most strongly has an LGBT/Gay-Straight Alliance club! And also a Harry Potter one called Dumbledore's Army (i have to go here do you see why). And I just found out they have a juggling club I mean no thanks but that is still so great oh man. :O

So I've been feeling a bit out of the LGBT+ loop lately which is lame but where better to sort that out than my favourite QUILTBAG hideaway tcod heeeeeeeeeey you guys are awesome. (I feel that offline/at uni my environment is kind of super cisgendered/heterosexual and while there is nothing wrong with that it does get kind of lonely? Is that stupid?)

Huzzah Danni I have been meaning to look that "8" thing up for a while, I will definitely watch it when I have a bit of time!

In other news this St. Petersburg thing seems to be getting worse and it's so frustrating to read about aghhhhhh.

vaguely-relevant: I am the president of my university's Harry Potter society :D

Get out of here with your LGBT society and Harry Potter society gosh. But really that is cool and congrats re: promotion of sorts on your boyfriend's part. :D

:D thank you!! also you know you can totally still come to LGBT+ stuff right?? that time you came was kind of faily in that the event that was actually planned sort of failed, but uh --- well, they don't all fail.

(you could also come to pottersoc if you wanted! we meet every tuesday in koko gorrillaz at 7:30 :D)

Day of Silence is Friday! I'm doing it for the first time. Kinda nervous. Very nervous. Shitting myself.

Doubt it. All my friends did somersaults last year when discussing how if a girl came out it would be so ~awkward~. Bisexual-leaning-towards-women me went, "Shit."

I wore purple last year and no one noticed, but I don't think anyone knew either.

My parents would buy me just being an activist though.

In general, everyone I know is pretty awful about LGBT stuff. At least in my parents' case, it's just ignorance though. (My mom doesn't believe bisexuals exist and once, when my sister had a class of gender, my mother swore up, down, and sideways that sex and gender are the same thing. When I explained that gender is the social constructs of a particular gender, she then countered with "doesn't that make homosexuality are social construct?". Also, either one of my parents or my friends used "shemale" to describe a transwoman. And when I explained it was a slur, completely ignored me.)

Last edited:
Just did Day of Silence at my school. They give out free candy to the people who sign up!

Also, I didn't do the tape thing:(

Back
Top Bottom