• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed The Smash Dojo - A Brawl RP

S. E.

I'm a crow, don't'cha know?
Pronoun
she
Part 2 of The Smash Dojo can be found here. Please do not post in this thread.​

Welcome to the world of Super Smash Bros.! Fighters from all universes are travel here to test their metal and compete against others. This new Smash season, veterans and newcomers alike are training in the Smash Dojo to prepare for the big games! Who knows what challenges await our fighters?

At the Smash Dojo, we prepare the newcomers and break back in the veterans to get ready for a new season. The Dojo is a towering building at 4 stories tall. The ground floor supports five training rooms for official training sessions - the rest of the floors are packed with identical rooms. Each has a modest living space and a bunk bed to accommodate two roomates. Fortunately, the fighters have a choice of who sleeps with whom, aside from being limited to two of the same gender.

The Fighters
---
Mario
Link (Eclipse)
Kirby (O_o)
Pikachu (Terry. T.)
Fox (Objection!)
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Zelda/Sheik (Flora and Ashes)
Bowser (Cryptica)
Donkey Kong
Yoshi (Darksong)
Peach
Ice Climbers (Evoli)
Pit (Dragon)
Wario
Ike (Lucas755)
Pokemon Trainer (Mewtwo)
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight (Shining Eevee)
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
Olimar (DarkArmour)
Ness (The Darksmith Legacy)
Marth (Animorph)
Luigi (Blastoise428)
Falco (Dark Tyranitar)
Captain Falcon (H20firefly)
Lucario (Male Gardevoir)
R.O.B. (therocketman11)
Mr. Game & Watch (Reserved for plot purposes until further notice)
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff (Enekuro)
Toon Link (Zephyrous Castform)
Wolf (Grimdour The Desecrater)
---
Fan-Introduced Newcomers
---
1. Sothe/Micaiah (Lucas755)
3. Tails (Skymin)
5. Mecha Sonic (Exo-Raikou)

The Sign-Up Sheets
---
Normal Characters
Character: (Obviously not one that's already been taken)
Nickname: (Cannot be skipped if Pokemon Trainer)
Starting Character: (For Zelda/Sheik, Samus/Zero Suit Samus, and Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard (Pokemon Trainer) only)
---
Fan-Introduced Newcomers
Character:
Series:
Nickname:

Rules - Includes rules about battling, so please read!
---
1. The basic role-playing rules apply.
2. Swearing is allowed, but should be done because of the character's nature, not because you feel like it.
3. Don't join if you don't think you can post at least once every two weeks, though more would be better. If two weeks have passed since the last post, the member's name will be in red and other members can sign up as the member's character(s) unless they post before then. If one or more of your character(s) are Fan-Introduced Newcomers, however, then the character(s) will be removed from the roster immediately. You can avoid this if you have a valid excuse for not posting.
4. One member is allowed no more than two characters.
5. Think realistically what your character can and cannot do. While they aren't confined merely to what they can do in the game, try to be logical about it in and out of battle. For instance, characters capable of gliding can do attacks other than their glide attack whilst gliding. (And yes, characters like Yoshi and Kirby can still eat characters many times their size.)
6. Shielding is not allowed and there is no Fallspecial (When you do a special in mid-air and, depending on the special, fall while incapable of jumping or attacking afterwards). However, characters that logically seem capable of blocking (see above) can do that instead, and since characters like Meta Knight would be extremely difficult to knock off the stage without Fallspecial, there is another, new method of KO called Fainting, which is rather self-explanatory. And because of Fainting, there is another, new statistic assigned to each character, called Endurance. While this is entirely up to the character's typist, generally faster and lighter characters have less than others.
7. If two characters are going to have a long back and forth conversation, then probably the best thing to do is PM each other until you and the other typist can get the whole thing together and then either one of you can post that conversation. Of course, be sure to include in the post what you did so that it won't be mistaken for character control.
8. On a less serious note, have fun! :)
9. If no one posts for more than a week in a battle, the person not to post forfeits the match. In matches with three or more entrants (Team Battle included), said person would merely be considered knocked out and the battle will go on with the remaining contestants.
10. NO RESERVING NEWCOMER SLOTS.
11. Characters should act like they do in the video games, or at least to the point that they can be recognized. Some characters' personalities can be unclear (such as ones who are normally silent), so in that case just come up with something fitting or keep them silent.
12. To use items in battle, you must first make 5 posts after the match has started. Once you have dropped an item on the field, you have to make another 5 posts to drop one. When you add an item to the field you must first wait for another character to react before yours uses it.
To determine what items are dropped, you must first roll a 40-sided virtual die using a site such as this one. Depending on the number you rolled, you count down on this list of items until you reach the number you rolled, skipping over banned items (see below). Once you've rolled the die and gotten your number, if the item is one that comes in variations (such as the Rolling Crate), you just roll a 2-sided die or, alternately, flip a coin. The normal item is 1 (heads) and the variation is 2 (tails). Party Balls always contain food and Capsules never explode, but Barrels, Crates, and Capsules require you to roll the dice again until you get an item other than a Barrel, Crate, Capsule, or Party Ball (You can, however, receive a Blast Box from one of these). If you roll a Smash Ball, you must roll the dice again. Only if you roll another Smash Ball can you receive it, otherwise your item is wasted and you must make 5 posts again.

Banned Items:
Sandbag
Assist Trophy
Poke Ball
Dragoon Parts
Starman
Bob-omb
Team Healer
Exploding Capsules
And of course, any Subspace Emissary only items and collectable items.

Help
---
Fan-Introduced Newcomers
---
I explained it in the Idea Center, so I thought I'd quote it here.
No characters from series other than ones already in Brawl and no anime-only characters (As SSB is based off of the games). I also wanted to only have 5 newcomers, coming to a total of 40 fighters, so after that there will be no more newcomers.
However, later on in the plot I intend to add more newcomer slots, bringing up the total to 10 newcomers.
---
Rooms & Roomates
---
Whenever there are new members, they will be moved into a room that hasn't been occupied yet. There are three floors of these rooms, and to each floor there are 7 rooms, aside from the third (fourth if we were including the training room), which has 6. The rooms are numbered based on the floor and the room. For instance, the third room on the second floor would be Room 1-3. This is not a mistake; the floors are numbered as if the ground floor didn't exist. You'll get used to it.

Now that you get how the rooms work, I'll explain to you about roomates. On mutual agreement, fighters can become roomates. This is necessary because there is no where near enough room for that many fighters to have their own rooms. Sometimes a fighter will need to stay on their own for a while until a new fighter has permission move into their room.

Last edited:
Re: The Smash Dojo - A Brawl RP {Needs 7 more members to start}

Hooray~

Character: Toon Link
Nickname: Link (Unless Adult Link is nearby)

Re: The Smash Dojo - A Brawl RP {Needs 7 more members to start}

Posting my own character sheet, pardon the double post.

Character: Meta Knight
Nickname: (None)

EDIT: Post Ninja Castform strikes! Anyways, accepted.

Last edited:
Character: Pikachu
Nickname: PikaPika

May I join?
P.S. Maybe Roy, Pichu, and Mewtwo should be in. And Krystal and Waluigi.

Character: Pikachu
Nickname: PikaPika

May I join?
P.S. Maybe Roy, Pichu, and Mewtwo should be in. And Krystal and Waluigi.
Character: Jigglypuff
Nickname: Jiggz

Lulla/rest comboz~
@Terry. T.: When someone feels like playing as a character that fits the conditions, the character is added to the roster. The only decision I would make is if I wanted to play as one of those newcomers.

Accepted & accepted.

Character: Zelda/Shiek
Nickname: Zeldy/Shieky
Starting Character: Zelda

Fwee~

Character: (female) Pokémon Trainer
Series: Pokémon (FR/LG)
Nickname: Leaf
Starting Character: (Can use Raichu (like Pikachu, but slower), Ditto (copies last move used by opponent), or Gloom (Like Bubasaur, but uses stink instead of vines)) Ditto

I got the Pokémon by using Nozomi's final team, what I remember about Blue, and a random Gen. 1 Pokémon.

Character: Zelda/Shiek
Nickname: Zeldy/Shieky
Starting Character: Zelda

Fwee~
Character: (female) Pokémon Trainer
Series: Pokémon (FR/LG)
Nickname: Leaf
Starting Character: (Can use Raichu (like Pikachu, but slower), Ditto (copies last move used by opponent), or Gloom (Like Bubasaur, but uses stink instead of vines)) Ditto

I got the Pokémon by using Nozomi's final team, what I remember about Blue, and a random Gen. 1 Pokémon.
@Ketsu: Wow, I should have thought of that. Even though the Pokemon series is full, well, screw it. I'm a softie.

Accepted & accepted.

Character: Agumon
Series: Digimon
Nickname: Agumon

Character: Kratos
Series: God of War
Nickname: (none)

((I probably shouldn't be saying this, but neither of those games have anything to do with Nintendo, other than some of their games are on Nintendo consoles. I suppose the same is true for Metal Gear Solid, but that was a one-off.))

How many characters can we have?
Fine, I'll take Wolf.

Name: Wolf
Nickname: (none)
@iphillip1: Two at the most, I guess. As long as you can post regularly with both of them.

And Wolf is accepted. The RP is about to start, but just to be neat and organized, I'll prepare another post just for that. Unless its a sign-up or a question, please, no more posts until I get that up.

Nooooo, Pit is mine. *snarls*

I guess I'll call somebody else as well:

Character: Lucario
Nickname: N/A

Back
Top Bottom