• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

the space around the stars

Equinoxe

has a BONE to pick with you
I draw. I use Photoshop CS and a Wacom Bamboo tablet (the cheapest one, of course, but it works) and sometimes regular pen and paper.
I'm very open to critique, in fact I encourage it. Rip my drawings apart (figuratively) and I'll love you forever.

Here are some of my newest/not old drawings, older to newer (click thumbnails for full images):

"Snap in Place", one of two puzzle-themed drawings.

"Two-Piece Puzzle!, the second.

A pheasant-man. Dunno why I drew this.

Kinda fugly "realistic" Floatzel, I coulda done better.

"Intensive Care Unit", an old idea I finally drew properly.

Eh. It's Lance.

Siberian forest fairy Ivan-Aleksei beating up a bear. The original size was huge and I spent days on this, almost crashing my laptop on several occasions..

Forest animals. "But what do cobras and fishies do in forests?" That is none of your business.

I call this guy Salem. He lives in a library and has some psychic powers and he's one of my 14876123978 original characters. I make a lot of 'em (too much, really).

So. Critique and comments are more than welcome.
If you have any questions about my ways of working or the characters/stuff in the drawings, feel free to ask.

Last edited:
Re: This is what I do when I should be doing other things

I suck at critique, so I'm just going to say this - Lance is fucking awesome.

Why thank you. Lance has a tendency to be awesome in every situation, I believe.

Totally! I mean, look at his hair! All spiky and shit, it's a wonder the guy's not God.

Anyway, new stuff. It's a... thing. I named it Horsepower even though it has nothing to do with horses.

Crit/comments? (Preferably regarding the artwork itself)

I like how you colour things \o/ though I think Floatzel's pupils should be darker?

Lance is fucking awesome. ... though I'm not sure Gyarados goes there....

I SEE YOU FINNISH.

Okay now about the art: (in english, JUST IN CASE)

My favourite pictures of these are the puzzle-bee and Lance- Lance due to it's AWESOMEONESS and linework (I have a weak spot for markery-digital lines), and the puzzle-bee because 1. The bee is cute. 2. The idea is clever. 3. The colouring is yummy.

Salem's pic is also nom nom, mostly because of the smooth coloring of his clothes and the way you did the psychic effect. I haven't seen psychic represented by black squiggles with yellow highlights before, so it's interesting to me. ;D

(Lazy commenting is lazy? D:)

@ James: Thanksees.
Yes, there are a lot of things in Floatzel I should've done a bit differently, and you've got one good point there. In possible future drawings like this, I shall remember that :P

@ Ymedron: Kyllä joo suomalainen oon. Mistäs arvasit? :D
And thanksies :D
The psychic-power effect was actually an accident at first, then I realized it looked pretty swell so I kept it that way. Purple/blue psychic stuff is way overdone.

hump de bump

pienijuttu.jpg

Not exactly accurate, given the quality of my ref picture, but a drawing nonetheless. This was just a quickie to get this thing out of my head.

I don't really get why people hate the green blob-mon, I think it's really cute :C

EDIT:
derpity derp derp look it's a pretty lady
leidee_wm.jpg

I have no idea why I just drew this
must've been the Picasso documentary I watched yesterday :U

C+C would be awesome

Last edited:

Double post because either
nobody gives a dick about these OR
I'm not popular enough OR
my drawings just suck too much OR
people are afraid to comment on these.

Anyway, here are some poopy sketches I did after that CoroCoro leak:
pokeman.jpg

totally serious

And then something completely different, in Glorious Grayscale™:
burnout_angel_wm2-1.jpg

He's an office angel and he's pretty miserable. Old character I felt needed a facelift :U

Comments would be rather nice but I have a feeling I won't be getting too many :V

What's with the curving bookshelves? If they're being used as a framing device, they're fine, but they might be serving some secondary purpose I'm not aware of.

My main problem is that this looks like a library than an office. At what kind of office can you lie down on the floor? At what kind of office do you find humongous bookshelves?

Also, that feather on the left is falling out in a weird direction; shouldn't it be the other way around if it fell out of those wings?

Whee thanks :D Questions like that make me feel like someone cares C:

What's with the curving bookshelves?
They're framing devices. Also, their secondary purpose is to make it look like they're sort of falling on the poor guy (metaphorically; too much work).

At what kind of office can you lie down on the floor? At what kind of office do you find humongous bookshelves?
It's a heavenly office (or more like a storage room of the aforementioned one; the "office" bit has more to do with the guy's job than the place anyway), and the shelves are filled with people's papers (stamped with authentic HEAVEN/HELL stamps, btw) :D
I don't think he's lying there on purpose; he's a bit clumsy and ends up on that floor a bit too often.

Also, that feather on the left is falling out in a weird direction; shouldn't it be the other way around if it fell out of those wings?
Feathers are so light they kind of go along fairly small air currents, making their movements kinda unpredictable. Besides, he's probably smacked himself on the floor a while ago so that the feather has had time to roll around. :P

Anyhow, you got some good questions there. It feels good to be challenged every once in a while :P

EDIT: just finished this:
zekreshi_wm.jpg

Someone suggested I should draw Reshi and Zek fighting and my sis gave me this neat pose idea. Somehow ended up less serious than it was supposed to.

EDIT: whos dat pokeman
pokepeeps_wm-1.jpg

Last edited:

Vespiquen, Cherubi, and Tangrowth?

I like them both; Reshi should give Zek the finger for added effect. I mean, he's trying to slap him in the face and give him a raspberry; why not go all the way?

Haha :D
(they're Misdreavus, Lucario, Vespiquen and Cherrim btw)

A new one, people wanted me to draw Wargle:
wooguru_wm.jpg

EDIT:
a quickie I wanted to draw:
shedinja-2.jpg

Last edited:

Dude, I love the Reshiram/Zekrom one, particularly the way you shaded Reshiram in that cool spiky angular style. And your take on Shedinja - I dunno, I like the way you made it all pointy and stuff. The glowy lighting on the Wargle picture was a cool idea too.

And that Lance picture is like the greatest thing in the world. :v

Thaaanks C:

(Pretty much anything with Fabulance Lance is awesome because he has a cape)

Hey what I made a new drawing to see if a guy can have hot pink in his armor without looking fruity practise shading shiny things
derpaface_wm.jpg

it's a SPACE DUDE
he's a photographer because I say so (even though he's holding laser-scissors in the pic)
he takes pictures of things he shouldn't and then everyone gets mad at him

Aaaaah, these are gorgeous <3 How much time do you spend on them? Because the detail on some of them (I'm staring at the Floatzel) is pretty stunning.
I think my favourite might be the puzzle!bee just because I love the idea so much.
The Glorious Grayscale pic is indeed glorious and I love the lighting/shading, angle and general dramatiscism of the BURST OF LIGHT compared to office guy looking so bored. Awesome stuff.
I also especially like the Reshi/Zek picture; the blocky colours and bright backgrounds are fabulous, especially since most art with them (and a lot of the B&W Pokemon/trainers in general) is so dark. It's nice to see them be colourful for once.

If you're not getting comments, it's only because people are LOSERS, because these are all fantastic. I'd love to see more :D

Holy balls you sure do know how to flatter~ CB

I've tried to remind myself to check the time I start a drawing, but magically I always forget. I'd estimate that a normal drawing (medium effort, medium detail) takes a few hours.
It's pretty hard to say exact numbers because I have all kinds of distractions (read: internet) that cause me to stop drawing for several minutes :D
If I'm drawing something with extra effort, it might take me a day or two (on and off, meaning I sleep and eat and go to school and whatnot).
Related: the drawing that took the longest to complete was the 'forest fairy beats up a bear' one (surprising?) because the original sixe of the drawing was HUGE and I wanted to get the anatomy and whatnot as correct as possible. Worked on it for several days.

Anyhow, thanks a lot :3

I still draw when I should be doing other things

fougaandshali_wm.jpg

hurp durp two doodles ended up together
The weirdo dude is Fouga, a prince who will never be a king and his pet is a mahogany demon named Shali.
texture from CGTextures.com

I am painfully aware of many things that need to be done but I still draw

haiman_wm.jpg

no comments
because none of you have any either >:C

just jokin', it's a shark-man which my friend told me to draw.

Related: I would post comments in other people's art threads but I'm afraid I'll either sound like an ass-licker or all ~high and mighty artist~ so I just look at them. :I
you don't need to be afraid of sounding stupid here though
I'd appreciate any comments *wink, wink*

Back
Top Bottom