• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

the space around the stars

Re: bipolar pimps???

whoa man I haven't posted shit in a veeery long time, mostly due to Skyrim and other things (like Skyrim)

I guess I've drawn things? Mostly half-assed stuff but I'll post them anyway.
Here are some lovely preview images so that you can tell right away if you don't want to see them!

sorry, dA links because nobody loves me (and also because I don't want to type these descriptions again)

also why isn't my thread title changing like usual although I edited the first post? :C
still showing the old one, damn

anyway
anyone have stuff to say? I'd very much like to hear how you feel about my drawings

EDIT: some silly character concepts:

Last edited:

so
last week I decided it's time I start learning because of something a person said to me! I took up painting something every day from a photo reference, and I intend to keep on doing this as long as I can. Maybe I'll even learn something!

Here's a nice collage of the things I've done. My speedy paintings on the top, the photo references in the bottom rows. They're all random pictures found via Google because why not.
collage1.png

Comments? Anything? :p

This is more awesome than awesome. The light and the horse and the flower and the marble and the everything.

Oh my, thanks you peoples C:

We're having an intensive course on animation this week, and it also requires me to try and use Flash, which I mostly hate :D
Anyway, here are some gems from yesterday and today:
palloponppiikin.gif

ball bounce
how advanced is that???
(answer: oh god are you kidding me; I even added the color rotation in another program because fuck you flashhh :U)

anim6_walk4sml.gif

super-wonky walk cycle! how does anything even work I don't know
maybe tomorrow I'll try out the bone tool instead of just dicking around

BONUS: trippy version WARNING, FLASHY COLOURS, please don't seizure

so smooooth

so
last week I decided it's time I start learning because of something a person said to me! I took up painting something every day from a photo reference, and I intend to keep on doing this as long as I can. Maybe I'll even learn something!

Here's a nice collage of the things I've done. My speedy paintings on the top, the photo references in the bottom rows. They're all random pictures found via Google because why not.
collage1.png

Comments? Anything? :p

the one of the lightpost/sunset has got to be my favorite omff

Thank youuuu C:
Here's another batch of those one-a-day paints:
collage2.png

I think I might be able to keep this up!

there's also lazy Homestuck fanart over here
I'll just stick it under here to spare those not interested from my incoherent fan ramblings (that's a warning everyone)
a1trolls.png

these are the best Beforus trolls I mean aaah I can't handle the hilarity and amazingness
just
beautiful

Cronus is the best asshole I mean oh my god he is so horrible it's wonderful
and Mituna
well
ahsdnasfnjasnna

I guess Meenah is pretty awesome too but I couldn't really fit her here?

Whoa okay the perspective in the shoes and pants one is really nice :0 Only thing I could point out is in the (cat's?) eye picture, the fur above the eye could be a bit more defined; like the upper eye lid/crease could be shaded so it's more obvious. Do you draw those at that size or are they just shrunken down?

And the Homestuck piece is great :D

Yeah, there's a lot of stuff that I could refine, but I guess the idea is kind of that I just draw them without thinking too much (because if I started nitpicking I'd never manage to make one every day, haha). :D Valid points you got, though! I appreciate that. :3

Those are 25% of the actual size. They look kind of horrible in 100% and much better shrunken down :P
I have learned that I should always make things huge and then scale 'em down, because things somehow end up looking better that way? It's a mystery.

But yes thank youu C:

ART INCOMING

I went to sleep at 4:30 in the morning because I COULDN'T STOP DRAWING UNTIL THEN
I started at like 20:30 yesterday when my sister linked me this song and I was super inspired O:

I properly finished it today, had to tweak a lot of things but my friends at school helped me a lot by giving constructive crit and helping me notice things I hadn't seen myself :D
I'm very happy with how this turned out and I'm still on an art high hnnngh

(click image for bigger, WARNING pretty huge)
Characters are my own original ones, Lynn and Emily.

shdgadhgashdgafdssss
comments would be most appreciated! C:

QUICKEDIT: oh and I guess I spent about 14 hours in total on this in case you're interested (counting all the stuff I did today)

Last edited:

:o
That is just awesome. You shade very well.
Also, fourteen hours? double awesomeness. For some reason I like art that the drawer admits took a really long time.
But there's just something about Emily's back that bothers me

Thank youuuu C:
Emily's kinda hunched over there and her jacket is sorta big so it might look a bit strange (also shhhh i didn't even sketch anything, just went SILHOUETTES and SHADING so there may be weirdnesses)

anyhow, here's another bunch of once-a-day drawings O:
collage3.png

damn, it would be fine to post a massive 365-drawing mosaic a year from now
WE'LL SEE
(also sorry some of them are really shitty; on those days I just wanted to get them out of the way so I could draw other stuff)

hey look here's something I just drew:
erno_wm.jpg

He's called Erno, and he started off as a doodle in (a very boring) English class. Now he strikes fear into the hearts of people (at least some people at my school). He doesn't have feet or a tail or anything, his body and hands just go on forever. He is infinite.
I thought it would be nice to draw him properly, I usually just scribble him really quickly C:

QUICKEDIT:
also would anyone be interested in seeing some fractals?
I sort of got back into messing with Apophysis some days ago, so I've been making and editing some fractal stuff O:

You're really getting good at the drawing-a-day thing. How many have you made so far, like thirty
Headlights and flower are probably the best. You should draw moar animals. And fractals would be cool.

INFINITY ERNOOO

Last edited:

hey look here's something I just drew:
erno_wm.jpg

He's called Erno, and he started off as a doodle in (a very boring) English class. Now he strikes fear into the hearts of people (at least some people at my school). He doesn't have feet or a tail or anything, his body and hands just go on forever. He is infinite.
I thought it would be nice to draw him properly, I usually just scribble him really quickly C:

This

I love you now

... I dunno, this just amuses me too much.

(also fractals would be nice! I love looking at them but I've never tried doing them, myself)

tumblr_m6skp9fpMe1rn8en9.gif
GOOD THING YOU ALL LOVE HIM ^u^

And fractals would be cool.
Fractals would be awesome.
also fractals would be nice!
this pleases me!

These are composed from two or more fractal renders with some Photoshop magic dust thrown in P:
Obviously, the fractals themselves are made with Apophysis. I'm not super good at making any cool fractals but I just take a random batch and edit some to make neat stuff.
fractalsfractalsfractalsfractalsfractalsfractals

QUICKEDIT: oh yeah, I've got like 31 one-a-day drawings done atm, expect another collage tomorrow P:

Back
Top Bottom