• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

the space around the stars

Re: evenin' feelin'

evenin_sml.jpg

it was sorta like this outside when I came back to the campus so I doodled (sadly there wasn't a weird thingy like that though :C)

Re: evenin' feelin'

Aaah I love it when the sky's still sunlit at one end and all nightly at the other like that. @_@ And the streetlights are on so it looks like night if you focus on them but then just evening again if you don't. And just... you captured everything about that time of day so so well aaaa.

Re: Let me show you my stabs

I AM HIGH ON ART CURRENTLY
finished something I've been scribbling for over a week now, almost gave up at some points, especially during the sketch/lineart parts because I just couldn't get some stuff right :U
It's still a bit wonky but hey who cares I learned a SHITLOAD by drawing this
here's a preview which is also a link to the whole thing (still 50% of the original size iirc):

I hate to sound whiny, but I'd just seriously love at least some comments/crit because I put some god damn honest effort into this :U

oh my god this one is awesome I just

why you art so good ; ;

Re: these legs aren't mine

Thank youuuuuuus C: !

@Harlequin: funny you should dig that up now O: I just finished a drawing with the same time-consuming technique (totally pays off though) and it's got a guy with orangey hair too :D
either an interesting coincidence or I'm repeating myself, even got the same kind of art high from this O:

also idk about artsing good, I just kinda... do something and every once in a while it turns out neat! just gotta keep on drawin' and drawin'

this one's pretty big too so I'll just link:

it's Midas, the rich dude from some pages ago O:
why are so many of my characters angsty

EDIT: oh and if someone's interested in progress shots, I kinda took some O:
just say and I'll put 'em here

EDIT#2: I remembered I forgot to note that the painting on the wall is an old (ugly) drawing of mine from 2009 or something :U

Last edited:
Re: got tiger

in a sudden fit of stupidity I decided I should draw myself in the homestuckverse
this is what happened
Waste_of_Time.png

I am the Waste of Time in the Land of Bells and Illusion.
My strife specibus of choice is staffkind and I'm currently wielding my trusty weapon, Ding Dong Time's Up.
(if I used pesterchum my chumhandle would be timelessUncertainty)

Land_of_Bells_and_Illusion.png

... what the fuck am I doing

Re: what exactly is this?

CLICK PREVIEW FOR FULL

copypasting from dA:
Now I understand why so many artists recommend SAI
I want to marry this program
I mean
it just makes me want to PAINT and it's so lovely and it's much easier to blend colours together than in Photoshop and ohhhhhhhh goggggg
I sketched this thing and gave the finishing touches with Photoshop though P:

Artsy stuff aside, this is Lynn Loss and he's holding... a thing. These are from a strangely detailed dream I had some time ago (the amulet-thingy is pretty much as accurate as can be, I remember it very clearly).
I think I should call the thingy a gyromnicord or something silly like that (no idea what it does though).

jesus fuck I'm tired
but art-happy 8D

Re: the artist herself

okay so I decided now's the time for a depressingly semi-realistic self-portrait!
I have been busy with school game project thingies so I haven't had much time to draw other stuff, idk why I wanted to waste time on this.

anyway
selfportrait_wm.jpg

sadly, those are not freckles :U
fuck you, acne

EDIT:
I had an interestingly detailed dream again
there was this... butterfly
uniperhonen_wm.jpg

it's funny how my subconscious warps ordinary things into something weird with such attention to detail
I remember the eyes, the backwards wings and weird body shape so clearly it's kind of creepy

Last edited:
Re: kapow

some HS fanart-y stuff
My side of an art trade with this guy.
ironlassed_wm.jpg

(full ver on dA)
I guess fanart is the way to go because this one got like a hundred faves and whatnot after I put it in the homestuck fan group gallery
this has never happened before, especially not with something I have not put that much effort into :U

hey! more dream stuff because EVERYONE IS INTERESTED IN IT
nah, just jokin'

anyway I'm feeling really great because I just found out that I can go home tomorrow since I got no lessons on friday because the teachers are somewhere!!
not even me posting a shitload of times in a row can really ruin that so :D

dream scene:
dreemcity_wm.jpg

that's about it, I guess!

Truth be told, the reason no one comments is less related to the fact that no one cares and more related to the fact that we have nothing to say.

That dream scene looks really cool though, with the red mist and the noire-esque setting. I like it a lot, really.

Re: salty water

Haha, maybe P:
Thank you! C:

here's some more fanart! Rewatched Ponyo and was once again inspired to draw Fujimoto (idk why I like drawing him, guess it's his glorious nose or something)
fuji2wm.jpg

I might've mentioned this before, but I think I have a nose problem. :U

Re: slumbering

Thank you OuO

Here's that stabby pervy dude Reginald;
sleepyreg_wm.jpg

now in 'peaceful sleep' -mode P:

Re: glow a pair

long story short: was browsing a randomly generated batch of fractals on Apophysis, stumbled upon something that looked like something, rendered the fractal and painted over it

these are mutant alien chicken monsters
GLOWpaint_wm.jpg

I'd been meaning to do this for soooooooo long (several months) but never got around to doing it.

Here's the original fractal in case you want to compare:
GLOWsml.jpg

Re: glow a pair

I love how you did the lighting here. I actually check this thread quite regularly, but I never have anything useful to say, so. But yes, I like your mutant chickens. A lot.

Re: bling bling bitches

Thank youuu, that makes me feel warm inside C:

anyhow
was bored so I doodled
first, some forest
treescape_wm.jpg

then, a dude
dude_wm.jpg

my player character from Saints Row 2. I love character editors :D
(my sister made me this guy and I made her a purple-haired hippie weirdo)

Re: bling bling bitches

I've been looking in on your thread regularly for awhile, but I have not said anything for some reason. Anyway, I love the way that you draw people.
Oh and progress shots of that Midas picture would be a lovely thing.

Re: toilet spirit-KRRRRRRRRRRRR

Haa, thank you OuO

Here are those progress shots (you may notice that there's a huge leap from almost flat colours to shaded but that's just me getting too excited to remember to take screenshots): one, two, three!

and here's a doodle:
toiletspirit_skz_sml.jpg

it's the spirit of the toilet here in my student apartment
usually when I open the door of my own room, the bathroom door opens slowly while making a low KRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr sound (it's usually not properly closed, of course if it is it won't open by itsef)

plus there's a motion detector thing there with a red light on it (to turn up the air conditioning whenever there's someone in the bathroom) which is pretty creepy in the dark

so

yeah

EDIT: oh yeah and I'm working/have been working on a proper drawing also but it's not finished yet
here's a teaser or something
lukewarm.jpg

Last edited:
Re: bipolar pimps???

Haha yeah I guess P:
cute and creepy aren't that far from each other sometimes

now, the drawing that was the bridge between 2011 and 2012 (started working on it before christmas, took a long break and finally finished):

(click for bigger, WATCH OUT it's kinda big)

because I can't stop coming up with weirdo characters, here's Luke Warm, a bipolar pimp dude!
His cane doubles as a weapon (it has a switch from which he can adjust the end of the cane to be either really hot or really cold), plus he actually needs the cane 'cause his hip was messed up in an accident and didn't heal properly.

words words words blah blah

Back
Top Bottom