• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

the space around the stars

Re: bipolar pimps???

Thanks, you two! C:
If you want a wallpaper version, just pm me with your screen resolution and I can make a fitting one for your personal use P:
(The original size is way bigger than the one I posted so it's easy to scale down for crisp wallpaper-goodness)

and, as promised, one-a-day collage v4:
collage4.png

I'm most proud of the sea-dwelling wiggly flatworm one :B

Aw, thanks C:

Today I experimented with corrupting things! Here, have some Wordpad-powered nightmares:

Erno:
ernernere.png

ern23.png

ern24.png

yesterday's and today's drawings of the day:
godwhy2.png

oh god fuck I'm getting a massive LSD Dream Emulator vibe from this
I guess I don't need to be sleeping tonight ;u;

a photo of my face (this is the only image of myself I'm willing to show you people :D):
mugged.png

QUICKEDIT: also I think it's fucking creepy that my eye survived the treatment mostly intact when the rest of the image is a garbled mess

yayy£yy !""""#####
''''''''((((((())

EDIT:
here, have a fancy Erno gif
ernoglitched_ee.gif

ANOTHER EDIT:
a self-portrait:
80sportrait_sml-1.jpg

man I wish I could take a time machine to the eighties
I could be SO RADICAL

Last edited:

Time for yet another POTD collage!
this time with HUMAN PARTS (also some other things)
I'll put this one under a hide tag because there's a butt here.
collage5.png

hell, I might as well throw a beautifully censored version so that this post doesn't look dull:
collage5_sfw.png

EDIT: just did this, it's a little test. May do something finished tonight if I don't get too lazy.
true_voiclawtest.gif

EDAYTE: yesss now I can sleep
true_tminus_anim-1.gif

Last edited:
triple-post time weeeee, I guess the butts scared all the people away

Time for yet another one-a-day drawin' collage:
collage6.png

Probably gonna so some more spriting now so I might not have more stuff to post here in a while (who knows though, I may draw something if inspiration strikes). :O

Thanks C:
I might draw some pokemons after this month is over, because NaNoWriMo is kind of eating away my art times. :P

two batches of one-a-days, because I forgot to post the previous one (or maybe I was all 'I'll wait until I've managed to draw something else too' but that didn't work)

so
collage7.png

and
collage8_censr.png

Uncensored version under the hide tag, as I'm pretty sure not all of you share my fascination with inflamed, open wounds :D tbh I'm not even sure what's going on there, but it's still neat.
collage8.png

also here's a little teaser of a christmas-themed drawing I'm currently working on
(sorry, my brain automatically goes into FULL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY YEAH CHEER mode as soon as the weather gets cold and snowy D: )
cw.png

comments are as appreciated as always! C:
yayyyyyy

woops that one drawing still isn't finished :V
at this rate, it'll actually be christmas when it's done, hurrrr

anyhow
time for a new collage, this time it's kind of fruit-centered (well, half of it)
collage9.png

and a bunch of characters from my NaNoWriMo novel
nano_peeps.jpg

plus a proper cover for my novel
nano_cover2_2.png

I swear I'll have something more finished the next time I post! :U

EDIT: here's proof I have actually been working on that christmas drawing
cw2.png

the bg is just placeholder, it's not going to look like that in the finished version

Last edited:
The edges of the jackfruit (starfruit?/green fruit thingy?????) are kind of sharp compared to your reference and could be blurred a bit more, especially the right edge of the full fruit thingy.

But 's just nitpicking really; your pineapple is especially gr8 (the skin things could be closer together but nice textures on that and in general really) and your NaNo character designs are also really interesting and whoa.

hnnnnng thank youu C:
it's a carambola! Carambolas are funny.
And yep I guess I should've blurred it a bit more. You have sharp eyes :D

here's the tenth one-a-day collage, featuring purple potatoes, a velvet mite and kaffir limes plus other random stuff
collage10.png

this means I've kept this up for 80 days despite all other stuff. (!)
Gonna keep paintin' yeeee (also sorry again for some of the more half-assed ones like today's, I just wanted to get them out of the way because other things)

Writing (and trying to write) has eaten away almost all my usable time, but soon I shall be free. You can expect some other art next week since NaNo is ending this friday O:

EDIT: here's a fractal planet thing I did for wallpapery purposes! It's composed of three different fractal renders and some Photoshop fairy dust.
I did the fractals with Apophysis, as usual :P
planeddesmall.jpg

I have a way bigger version if anyone wants to use this as their desktop bg

Last edited:
PROMISE TIME IS OVER I finally fucking finished this one:

(click preview image for the full big picture)
asdghashgd I almost lost faith and motivation when I was drawing the ladies but then I just got rid of one of them and it helped. Thus, the drawing was finished (damn time).

also I forgot to post this one on time, collage numero un- no wait 11:
collage11.png

to be posted: fluffy things? maybe? yes??

wooops forgot to post this one on time:
collage12.png

Plus!
Fuzzy things and... less fuzzy things (click preview for full):

they're a bunch of creatures from an alien race I made up and blah blah nobody cares :Y

new year, same old shit! I will never stop doing this, you know

potd collages 13 & 14:
collage13.png

I'm rather fond of the pear

collage14.png

sketchy stuff:
haarn_sergeisketch_sml.jpg

to be drawn: 9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors fanart? maybe?
I finally managed to get into the game and play all the endings and... ashgdahsf

EDIT: yep
snakeclover_wm.jpg

Last edited:
CONNECT FOUR- oh wait make that five

obligatory lousy 6th gen starter sketch! might draw the legendaries too
xystartersketch_wm.jpg

photoshop filter barfed sketchy thing:
hi5d_sml.jpg

potd collage #15
collage15.png

also filled the IMPROVEMENT MEME (dA link because huge)
feel free to comment on the old ones and make me feel super ashamed of myself okay

everything has been super stressful and horrible! and kinda still is but I'm just gonna post some of my poop anyway. Maybe I could even get a comment from someone no shhh that won't happen

poops of the day:
collage16.png

collage17.png

collage18.png

collage19.png

a running animation from our animation class last week (the 3d model was given to us by the teacher but I did the animation and funky colours myself):
wruuuuun.gif

also I participated in the Global Game Jam this year too and made graphics for a game BEAUTIFUL PIECE OF ART
WATCH THE TRAILER: [[[link]]]
I didn't sleep much during those 48 hours *<*

comments? anything? UnU

Your stuff is really great! I have trouble telling apart the photos and your daily paintings! There's a few instances where the dark colors are too prevalent compared to the photos, like the dark green in the eel and the dark in the purple-black fruit. And the caramel popcorn painting seems more liquid than the photo, too. Beyond that your stuff looks great and I love seeing your new stuff; I'm just an awful commenter.

Thank youuu C:
Yeah, with some pictures I kinda go overboard with contrast :P
and oh btw if by caramel popcorn you mean the white thing with red liquid, it's actually something else (doesn't stop it from looking super delicious though) :D

not much to show, so I guess here are some more potds:
BmDzjcR.jpg

and this sketchy... thing I guess I haven't shown you peoples yet? (photobucket's broken for me and I can't see any of my previously posted art so it might already be there but I'm too lazy to check)
UJYi6YW.jpg

(inspired by this song that I absolutely love okay)

I might be a bit less active here atm because I'm drawing things for real money and it's kind of a priority. Deadline's on the 31st of March so I guess before that I might not draw other stuff. I might be wrong too, depends on how fast I do stuff and ajknsfjanf afdsdsdgfognj yeahhhh *drifts off into darkness*

Yep I totally took my sweet time drawing those things, but they're done and I'm happy yeah! Money is on its way and now I can draw ~other things~

Here are some more recent PotD collages (not all of them because there are tooo many and I'm tooooo lazy):
xwnP9uM.jpg

lJw5TkX.png

EJ08Q3G.png

And various sketches of things:
THDcDnx.png

l8PpP80.png

And silly Ouendan/AA crossover things (thanks, tumblr, for the ideas):
rM8g9v0.png

krXO4J6.png

I also finally dusted my tumblr and decided I might actually use it for posting my art stuffs. At least I'm gonna try and remember to post my stuff dunno :U

It's gotten to the point where I can't remember if the top set or the bottom of PotD is the original. Good job. *applause*

The nose PotD is really good, the hairs around it especially. If that's a nose. (Second row, second from the right.)

Back
Top Bottom