• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
dragonitedevamp.png

Another devamp. :x

Okay, all the devamps are fine, but they would look better if they were reposed more to look like what sprites used to in G/S/C or Y/R/B/G

onigiriavatar.png

Onigiri avatar, cute eh? All scratched!

Well, for starters, whatever the worm's coming out of is kind of bland and unshaded. Second, the worm's head has a few unnecessary and...unrecognizable details. AND OH GOD, THE FRUIT'S SMILE IS GOING TO GIVE ME NIGHTMARES. And not in a good way, yo.

Starly, that is awesome. I can't find a single flaw with it.

ANYWHO:
Slime-2.png

Before I fucked it up.

Slime-1.png

After. Not done with the outline yet, obviously.

Crit?

Well, for starters, whatever the worm's coming out of is kind of bland and unshaded. Second, the worm's head has a few unnecessary and...unrecognizable details. AND OH GOD, THE FRUIT'S SMILE IS GOING TO GIVE ME NIGHTMARES. And not in a good way, yo.

first of all, which details do you mean? and secondly, how could it not be a good way? |D

@ Umbreon-dana: Nothing wrong with the blob, though the lighting seems to "spill". get rid of the highlights in the flatter areas.

Now for mine.

buckle.png

No reference whatsoever.

JirachiScratch.png
A jirachi sprite. I scratched everything except for the wish tags and eyes

CastformScratch.png

Castform too, I am getting better at spriting I think!

Last edited:
somewhere20-1.png

I would be very appreciative if someone wouldn't mind helping me on fixing the moonlight in the water. I know it could be better but I'm not sure how to go about making it better. :/

Sorry to be awkward, but I'd like to point out there'd be a blank zone where the shadow of the boat blocks the moonlight on the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom