• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, It's from the TCG for GameBoy. Heres a comparison:
MewtwoRevamp6.png

Yep. Awesome. I don't see anything wrong with it. 10/10. :grin:

I see one tiny flaw in shading. On the tail, I think, on the front left side, his tail could be darker.

Woah. You guys are all out of my league, I don't do anything major, I just do mostly recolours.

For anyone who hasn't seen the sprite shop i'm part of this is a spirit recolour.
2chxhl5.png

This is a trace.
2i7bvcx.png

2uojm0m.png

123md21.png

11ah83a.jpg

2i7bvcx.png

Looks a bit hard to define between colors. Try making the green areas white and the red areas black.

2uojm0m.png
123md21.png
11ah83a.jpg
2chxhl5.png

These are just recolours. Nothing much to comment on, other than the color scheme of the Golduck looks nice.
MewtwoRevamp6-1.png

I fixed the shading on the tail.

Thanks Kai!

(I know they are just recolors, but hey, its what I do, you guys are WAY more talented than me.)

P.S : You're near your 1000 th Post!!!

I know! Its great, isnt it. And I barely ever visit the Forum Games!
MewtwoRevamp6-1.png

Crit nao plz.

EDIT: Darkarmour, try splicing occasionally. It's where every good spriter starts.

I know, I try a lot, my sister and her friend (who all run our sprite shop) couldn't ever do them. Here's my craptastic attempts, its still mostly spriting since I deleted most of the attempts.If you can't tell what I used i've listed below.
Mew + Flareon
21461j8.png

Wings Slaking (which is the closest we get to splicing in our shop)
2vlnx41.png

Ludicolo + Dewgong
2hdy9o6.png

Pikachu + Croagunk
294p2ew.png

Also this is a repose I made a year ago, it sucks because theres like, no shading.
24nkwi0.png

I know, I try a lot, my sister and her friend (who all run our sprite shop) couldn't ever do them. Here's my craptastic attempts, its still mostly spriting since I deleted most of the attempts.If you can't tell what I used i've listed below.
Mew + Flareon
21461j8.png

This isnt actually that bad. Try fusing Flareons ears to Mews head, rather than just having Mew's ears pasted over Flareons.
Wings Slaking (which is the closest we get to splicing in our shop)
2vlnx41.png

They seem to be growing out of his spine and anus. Chhange is appropriate.
Ludicolo + Dewgong
2hdy9o6.png

Outilnes neet to be recolored. Also, Dewgong's tail doesn't look attatched to Ludicolo. Change it.
Pikachu + Croagunk
294p2ew.png

The eyes look odd, but that seems to be it.

Yeah but overall we HATE splicing. Also if we introduced it at our shops, we wouldn't get any requests for the other sprites that we love doing. Someone said to me once that spriting shops aren't assembly lines with boring sprites sold out, that our shop had no care into it and was rushed. Thats it, its NOT an assembly line, we do what we want because we actually enjoy making them, I don't want to be forced into making sprites that we don't like or really care about, we put care into the ones we love doing.

I do understand your point. But, if you got good at splicing, you could start to enjoy that. And who said that you had to introduce it at your shop? For all I care, you could just continue having recolors requestable in your shops. But I still think that the both of you should start splicing reguarly. Its good practice. Personally, I'm starting revamping so that I get an idea of how things should be shaded.

Yeah... We do but... anyway, thats why we think our shop isn't getting enough attention. We do requests really quickly but we don't get many, I am seriously begging for a flood of requests. BTW i'm giving out names. Someone told us to introduce it and that its really generic, dull and boring without even the basics and since its what most people request, I guess we miss out on a LOT of requests.

That isn't a scratch, it'd an edit of Charizard's Emerald sprite.

EDIT: Damn, Kai beat me to it.

Personally, I'm starting revamping so that I get an idea of how things should be shaded.
Same here. I'm almost done with an Espeon revamp, and if there isn't another post, I'll just edit it into this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom