• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Travelling

My parents are quite fond of travelling so I've been to a few places.

Belgium (live here)
Portugal
Spain
France
Holland
Germany
England
Scotland
Republic of Mauritius
Australia
South Korea
Brazil
Japan

I'd love to (and will) visit Ireland, Russia, the Vatican, Italy, New Zealand and Canada.
Aaand a bunch of other countries but those are the ones I'm really keen on :v

My map is so incredibly boring. :(
The original was only a US map, but it was svg, which was cool. I couldn't *find* an svg world map with all the subdivisions; I went with a png. (I don't have anywhere to put svgs anyway I guess)

loop do doop doo

Last edited:
Well. I think I've visited a fair number of places, but, it's really not that much of the world, looking again at where I've been. Anyway.
These are all the places I've been. If I might list them, as well:

Code:
LIVED IN:
Ohio, USA

VISITED:
Anglesey, Wales, UK
Argyll and Bute, Scotland, UK
Arizona, USA
The Bahamas
Basse-Normandie, France
Bath and North East Somerset, England, UK
Bretagne, France
California, USA
Centre, France
Cork, R. of Ireland
Cumbria, England, UK
District of Columbia, USA
Denbighshire, Wales, UK
Dublin, R. of Ireland
Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland, UK
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Falkirk, Scotland, UK
Fingal, R. of Ireland
Florida, USA
Georgia, USA
Greater London, England, UK
Haute-Normandie, France
Highland, Scotland, UK
Île-de-France, France
Illinois, USA
Jamaica
Kentucky, USA
Kerry, R. of Ireland
Leeds, England, UK
Limerick, R. of Ireland
Liverpool, England, UK
Maryland, USA
Missouri, USA
Montana, USA
Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England, UK
New Mexico, USA
New York, USA
N. Carolina, USA
N. Dakota, USA
Northumberland, England, UK
Pennsylvania, USA
Quintana Roo, Mexico
S. Carolina, USA
S. Dakota, USA
Stirling, Scotland, UK
Tennessee, USA
Texas, USA
Tipperary, R. of Ireland
Virginia, USA
Warwickshire, England, UK
W. Virginia, USA
Wiltshire, England, UK
Wyoming, USA
York, England, UK

TRAVERSED:
Buckinghamshire, England, UK
Cheshire, England, UK
Claire, R. of Ireland
Colorado, USA
Conwy, Wales, UK
Coventry, England, UK
Darlington, England, UK
Derbyshire, England, UK
Doncaster, England, UK
Durham, England, UK
E. Ayrshire, Scotland, UK
E. Lothian, Scotland, UK
E. Renfrewshire, Scotland, UK
Flintshire, Wales, UK
Gateshead, England, UK
Glasgow City, Scotland, UK
Gloucestershire, England, UK
Hampshire, England, UK
Indiana, USA
Iowa, USA
Kent, England, UK
Kildare, R. of Ireland
Kilkenny, R. of Ireland
Lancashire, England, UK
Laois, R. of Ireland
Leicestershire, England, UK
Michigan, USA
Midlothian, Scotland, UK
Minnesota, USA
Nebraska, USA
Nevada, USA
N. Yorkshire, England, UK
Nord-Pas de Calais, France
Nottinghamshire, England, UK
Perth and Kinross, Scotland, UK
Picardie, France
Rotherham, England, UK
The Scottish Borders, Scotland, UK
Somerset, England, UK
Surrey, England, UK
Utah, USA
Wakefield, England, UK
W. Lothian, Scotland, UK
W. Dunbartonshire, Scotland, UK
Wisconsin, USA
Worcestershire, England, UK

VISITED AN AIRPORT:
Hessen, Germany
Oklahoma, USA

GLIMPSED:
Chihuahua, Mexico
Cayman Islands

...Then when I have to type out where I've been, it looks like I've traveled a LOT.

Last edited:
I have gone... nowhere.

I would LOVE to travel someday, but my family just doesn't have the money. Which is a shame, because I think Europe and Asia are fascinating. :/

I've only been out of the US once when I was 2; somewhere in Europe.

I've been to Arizona, Chicago over New Years, LBI, New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and GREAT WOLF LODGE!!!!!

Last edited:
I've never left the US. :( I will one day, though.

States I've lived in: Virginia, Missouri

States I've visited: Texas, Nevada, Oklahoma, Iowa, Kansas, California, Illinois,

States I've Driven through: Pennsylvania, Maryland, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, Indiana, Nebraska, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, West Virginia

I recently went to D.C.

On the plus side, I've been to more states then my friends in real life.

Hrm...Utah (Where I live >.>), Colorado, New Mexico, Idaho, California, D.C., Virginia, and Tennessee. I believe that is all. Never been out of the country either.

I am fail.

Doc wants to do the Europe tour thing or something someday; we make enough moolah that we could totally pull off a real vacation. I wouldn't mind visiting Japan, either, although I don't have a clue who I'd go with.

Click for fullsize:

Currently living in WA.

Rules:
- 'lived' (red) means I had an address there.
- 'visited' (green) means I went to a specific place for a specific reason; i.e., airport layovers and such do not count. Counting TN as visited might be a stretch, since I was just in Memphis for one day while visiting someone just across the border in MS, but it fits this definition. I've been through it either way.
- 'traversed' (blue) means I was in a consumer automobile driving through the area. I've probably Greyhounded through a couple other southern states, but those do not count.

Summer of '92 through summer of '95. Lived in a teeny town called Höheinöd and went to 2nd/3rd/4th grade at Pirmasens Elementary. Not sure if it even exists any more.

Oh god, so jealous. ;__; Growing up around in some place like that must've been amazing, even if you didn't realize it at the time.

The place has a population of <1300. 8) It was very interesting, sure, but not exactly a huge slice of German culture. Good sausage, though.

Ah, still, it would be awesome to just get out of this country for a little bit. -_-; I wish The Great Eevee in the Sky wouldn't have given me so much interests in other cultures and then made it financially impossible for my family to visit somewhere. =P Ah well. Maybe someday.

Live in:
-Alberta, Canada

Visited:
-Saskachetwan (sp?), Canada
-Nove Scotia, Canada
-British Columbia, Canada
-Hawaii, United States

Haven't left the US at all and I've only been to like, four states. Right now, I'm visiting a different state from the one I live in. So uh, yeah. We don't have the money, that's the way it is. Ah well, though it'd be cool to visit Europe or something, I'm fine here for the time being.

Updated my map. (same link, just refresh if nothing has changed. Ctrl + F5 if still nothing has changed) I forgot to put I had been to Washington D.C., New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Virginia. Virginia is pushing it, though, since I was on the Washington D.C. subway and saw a sign that said I was in Virginia...

Kaito travels quite a but, actually~

-Canada (birthplace, and current residence)
-United States
-England
-Ireland
-Cuba
-St. Martin
-St. Lucia
-Tortola
-Anguilla
-Hawaii
-Mexico
-Venice
-Costa Rica

Pretty much all of these places are vacation spots, all of which we've had an address at. Except the United States, which we were driving through in a gigantic truck. 8D

Back
Top Bottom