• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

R/B/Y Twitch Plays Pokémon

Re: Twitch Plays Pokémon

Yeah, they were trying to deposit Eevee. Right now, they're stuck in Celadon.
I'm pretty sure they're gonna catch some more stuff once they get to the Safari Zone.

The Rattata's actual name is JLVWNNOOOO, so people just called it Jay Leno. Like ABBBBK( and Abby.

Edit: Why do they call Flareon the False Prophet?

I can't watch this, honestly. Until they ban the START button, it's going to be Red (or whatever the named him) turning every so often, and then opening the menu the rest of the time.

The Rattata's actual name is JLVWNNOOOO, so people just called it Jay Leno. Like ABBBBK( and Abby.

Edit: Why do they call Flareon the False Prophet?
because it was a terrible idea to grab eevee in the first place and it was worse to evolve it into not-vaporeon

our lord helix fossil disapproves
I can't watch this, honestly. Until they ban the START button, it's going to be Red (or whatever the named him) turning every so often, and then opening the menu the rest of the time.
the start spamming is for a reason: if they get lost in menus for 30+ seconds, then where they see red on the screen is where red actually is

How long have they been stuck in the Rocket hideout now?

I have to say I'm really not a fan of the Anarchy/Democracy vote. I feel like accomplishing anything in Democracy mode is almost like cheating, and if they beat the game like that it won't be much of an achievement.

I have to say I'm really not a fan of the Anarchy/Democracy vote. I feel like accomplishing anything in Democracy mode is almost like cheating, and if they beat the game like that it won't be much of an achievement.

Yeah, I've got to agree.

To an extent I think it's a good idea, if we were stuck in the Rocket hideout for much longer people would have got bored and started leaving. It would have made it easier to progress but I don't really want people to leave.

On the other hand, I feel like it's too easy for democracy to be voted for. If we come across another hard ledge it won't be long until democracy takes over so we can get past it. A lot of the fun of it was that parts of the game that should be easy suddenly becomes super hard. I think there should at least be a cooldown time for democracy or something like that.
It'll be much more difficult to accidentally release Pokémon or other things like that that make this entertaining to follow.

I'm afraid that'll also cause people to leave.

EDIT: Also I think it's hurting the progress a bit because it seems like when anarchy is enabled, most of the commands seem to be either democracy/anarchy instead of key presses. And when it's democracy, it's just start9. I find that hilarious for now but it'll get old fast.

EDIT: If you look at the pie chart here http://sanqui.rustedlogic.net/etc/tpp/ you can see what I mean. It might change later of course but at the moment the political voting is almost half of all commands.

Last edited:

Personally, I would've stuck with the original, 100% pure, not-from-concentrate premise, even if it took a week to get through the arrow maze. I don't want to watch the streamrunner figure out what the easiest way is for eighty thousand people to beat Pokémon Red; I want to watch eighty thousand people figure out how to beat the game of Twitch Plays Pokémon, despite it being completely ridiculous and chaotic and the total opposite of easy. I wouldn't watch during their week in the arrow maze, no, but I'd rather be patient and end up with a more interesting story in the long run. If we essentially had to wait a week before we got some new Twitch Plays Pokémon to watch, what would be so bad about that?

That said, absolutely nobody would want to watch that week, so I get the argument for the streamrunner nudging them past that part for the sake of getting our regular broadcast of Twitch Plays Pokémon back on the road. If that's what had happened, I'd understand, and I wouldn't really care. But this just doesn't feel like the same TPP anymore with the fucking tug-of-war going on, even if they stay on anarchy 90% of the time. :/

And when they are in democracy mode, it's even more boring to watch than when they were flailing around in the arrow maze forever.

Last edited:

I think there's enough people who don't realise there's still lag even in democracy that they keep stepping on the wrong arrows anyway. It'd be funny if they're stuck on the arrow maze longer in democracy than in anarchy.

Also maybe I'm paranoid but a couple of democracies ago start9 was clearly winning for a few minutes, but suddenly about 15000 people were dropped from the stream and the game progressed normally.
I saw some of the mods (and admins I think) pressing start9 and anarchy so I'm not sure what happened. Maybe they were all bots.

20gk1fr.png

I'm pretty sure they wasted all their money at the Celadon Department Store, so let's see how the Safari Zone turns out for them. Hopefully, they'll do it on anarchy.

So much can happen overnight. When I woke up today they beat both Giovanni and Sabrina :(

I missed out on the Sabrina battle by about half an hour.

EDIT: This stream is making me reevaluate how I play RBY. It never occurred to me to beat Koga before Silph (even though that's what you're "supposed" to do) or to catch Zapdos before beating the Pokémon League.

Last edited:

I change the way I play every time I play but in my most recent run I did Silph before Koga and Sabrina because the levels of Silph are lower than Koga and Sabrina.

After not watching for a few days, I tuned back in.

...how the **** did they manage to catch zapdos

I think they went after Zapdos specifically because they knew if they didn't do something they'd end up throwing or wasting the Master Ball.

Also, I just got an Omanyte through wonder trade.
Also this morning I woke up and they were in Viridian gym right next to Giovanni but it was time for me to go to class. I get to class and it's cancelled. I get back and the battle has JUST finished. :(

Back
Top Bottom