• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Valentine's Day

ultraviolet

sorry, i'm never going to stop being mad about it.
Staff member
Pronoun
she/her
So Valentine's Day is tomorrow! aww cute! How do you feel about it? Are you doing something for Valentine's Day? What is something cool that happened once on Valentine's Day? Or do you think Valentine's Day is kind of crappy? :o

I like Valentine's Day! This year because I'm single, me and a group of other single friends are going to go have dinner and then go to the beach tomorrow night. We did this last year, too! There are less of us this year because more people are in relationships, haha. Last year we got a really nasty person yell out 'singles cluuuub' at us but none of us cared so we just all laughed at him and i think he felt a bit embarassed.

When i was in high school our school used to do a rose-giving service for Valentine's Day. starting the week before, you would buy a rose for $6 and write down who you wanted it to be delivered to on the day, and you could send it anonymously if you wanted to. When i was fourteen one of my best friends sent me a rose anonymously because he didn't want me to be sad on Valentine's day! it was super-cute.

I've always been single on Valentine's Day, so I don't really do all that much in celebration, but I think it's really cute to see some of the stuff that couples do.

Valentine cards, on the other hand, are literally the best form of cheesiness and should be shared.

My boyfriend is in Denmark for his ERASMUS exchange! :C So we're not really doing anything for Valentine's Day. BUT (but) I am going to make up a cool box of neat stuff and send it to him as a sorta joint birthday-Valentine's gift (his birthday was on the 11th!).

I still. need to. sort... that...

I am dragging Cirrus to Manchester for the University Challenge recording. Because there's nothing that says romantic like eight hours of trains in one day, right?

I've never needed to pay attention to Valentine's day for obvious reasons but I can tell it's something I wouldn't really like if I did. If I had a girlfriend who likes chocolate I wouldn't need a day to tell me when to buy her some.
Because I totally didn't have pancakes yesterday because it was a day that tells you to have pancakes

Also St Dwynwen's day is where it's at.

I guess I'm going to a Valentine's party because my friends gave me no choice about it >:( I complained at them about the stresses this would put on my wardrobe but then I bought a cute outfit for it so I'm kind of excited! Maybe I will even eat a bit of cake.

My school holds this service where you can send heart-shaped cards, roses, cupcakes and balloons. And we have a candy exchange tomorrow. And cracking jokes with the rest of the classroom of that one girl who has a boyfriend. His last name is Sierra, so it's stuff like 'cierra tu boca' (shut up).

:P I'm not doing anything fancy this year. I'm buying 6 bouquets of roses to give to my very best friends, though! Last year was a pretty nice Valentine's Day, because my school did this thing where for $1 you can buy roses and a card that you can write a message in, and they'll send it to whomever you please, and I got A LOT of flowers! But I spent like $25 on other people last year, anyways, so I hope I made them happy :)

It won't actually be Valentine's day itself, but this Saturday I'll be going to the store to clean up on overstocked candy. Unfortunately, Valentine's day doesn't really appear to be a thing with anyone around here, so I can't anticipate mooching any sweet stuff from other people. Valentine's day in elementary school was the best, since you'd have to make a card for everybody in class so everyone would get 18-20 cards, some of which had associated candy. (So candy is pretty much my second-favorite thing in life after sleep, yes.)

My high school had those things where you could send people a flower or a sucker or whatever, but I was never really that interested; seemed kind of lame. However, from what I've heard Swarthmore College has the same sort of deal except that the cards/other items are delivered to the recipient during class by ninjas. Clearly they have the right idea and I would've ended up donating so much money to whatever cause by buying those for everyone, and especially people with the same classes as me, because ninjas.

Tomorrow (or techically, later today) I'll be watching the Nintendo Direct. So that's my valentine's.
I don't really do much for that day... most people here don't, really.

so do you actually sleep, or do you just like sleep and then not get it

because, like, there's never an offer on sleep around you or something
I actually sleep plenty, usually, but not often in a very conventional fashion.

Hmm, well I am taking my lady friend to see the new Die Hard movie, because she actually wants to see it. I've made a card and will be getting a rose, and such. Since we haven't been together too long I am not going to make a super duper huge deal out of Valentine's Day.

I was all cuddly with Shadey this morning and plan to continue to be cuddly with him this evening. In between, I have work and a job interview at CCP. TOTALLY ROMANTIC.

Also I'm going to pick up some Naruto book that's ready at the comic book store for him.

I get botox today!!

HAPPY DAIKONPAN SHOULD GET FEWER MIGRAINES DAY

it honestly didn't occur to me that today is valentine's day

My best friend and I always send each other valentine's cards and/or presents, and I'll send cards to other friends if I have the time (I basically invented Galentine's day before Leslie :D).

The two traditional romantic-gift-giving times of year (valentines and anniversary) fall right around mine and my gf's birthdays, so we don't really do anything super-special for them. Besides, we're brilliant every day :)

Back
Top Bottom