• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Video Game Mafia: Edition II

Re: Video Game Mafia: Edition II (D2)

The characters go to their respective masters, who give them orders. At the end, they return to their abodes. As day (for them) arises anew, they find to trophies lying in the square. One is of a man in a top hat, the other of a small robot.

Proffesor Layton is dead. He was Town (inspector).
Chibi Robo is dead. He was Town (tracker).

72 hours for discussion.

I have a question for those who played the first VGM; do you prefer the game within a game (this one), or that you are the character (first one)?

So why do you guys suppose two people died? By which I mean do you think there is a vig/serial killer or a mafia with multiple kill actions?

There's a good chance we're looking at one mafia attack and a vig attack. Mr. Moon's fairly reckless vote against Coloursfall earlier might have triggered a reaction from a vig (who would have been equally reckless in taking action against it, but).

It couldn't be lovers, because at least one of them had to be a lover for it to be a lover situation, but ILS said that they're inspector and tracker respectively.

Hm. Could it be possible that the mafia decided to go for someone as obvious as Layton because the characters that they picked were antagonists after all, and they figured that all the other roles would be the same?

No clue about the two deaths; I guess it could've been healer clash (the doctors might've been the ones who thought Layton was an important role worth protecting?), but vig or some other killing role does seem more likely.

... Oh, wow, I could've sworn I was dead. -_- No idea why, either!

I suppose we don't get too many clues from death flavor, as all of them have been represented by turning into trophies so far. However, I don't really think it was clash--we were going off the track of "characters mean everything" beforehand, right? I'm still sort of convicted that character=role because of this, but I'll just stand back for now.

YEah, I think character = role. Mine is at least heavily, heavily based on my role. And Rennac, mr. Rogue over there, might be the Thief / pseudo-inspector.

So basically what I'm getting from this is that a majority of roles are very like the character but not all of them and so I really don't know where that leaves us...

If we go by the character=role, we shouldn't have too much trouble figuring which of the evil characters could be alien so we can avoid them. Unfortunately I even recognize <1/2 the characters, so (yes I know I could look them up but I want to see what others think first)

If three seconds I might just give up and eeny meeny miny moe who to lynch.'

EDIT: Mr. Fancy Pants lost eeny meeny miny moe.

Yeah, let's do just that, lynch an active and experienced player on an eeny meeny miny moe.

Back
Top Bottom