• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Video Game Mafia (Innocent Win)

Re: Video Game Mafia (Day 1)

Not that the mafia has a hand in how the flavor is written anyhow.

Also, hm, three people claiming vig, that's quite confusing indeed. And we probably aren't looking at more than one mafia, since there would be no reason why a second mafia would go and bury their partner for a fakeclaim.

Which one of you is lying and is pro-town? Whichever one you are, try not to do that, if you would; lies are rarely, if ever, pro-town.

Actually, I allow people to influence flavor text (within reason). It just makes the game more fun.

Anyway, Doc Scratch.

Also!

My role doesn't really make much sense at all. So, unless I'm missing something really crucial about my character as a whole (or I'm the exception), the roles don't fit the characters all that well.

My role doesn't really make much sense at all. So, unless I'm missing something really crucial about my character as a whole (or I'm the exception), the roles don't fit the characters all that well.

^ This.

We do need to eliminate one of the extraneous vig-claimers, because at least one of them is lying about their role. And most likely, a Mafia would lie about his/her role. So, there is a 2/3 chance of killing a mafia, and a 1/3 chance of killing our vig. This is a good chance. After reviewing evidence and seeing others arguments, the most logical choice and therefore my vote is Doc Scratch.

It's likely that some characters have beffitting roles while others don't.

!!!

Crap. Um, actually I misread my role PM. I am similar to a Vig, though. I am a Serial Killer. So it's basically GLaDOS vs. the world, and I don't think I'm going to win this fight... so Doc Scratch.

Hahahahahahaha

Doc Scratchiness

... That still doesn't make any sense at all! I guess this *sort of* proves most of the roles don't correlate? I can't imagine GLaDOS being a serial killer.

(Although I've never played Portal.)

I'm not vig. I just wanted to see how Wargle would react. I was planning on retracting by the end of the day. I'm glad that attempt generated a response :/

I guess my role sort of fits my character. if you stand on your head and squint, that is. We don't have great evidence for Doc Scratch or Wargle. There's already enough votes for Doc Scratch, so I'm just going to leave it at that.

Yeah, really bad idea. I'm extremely suspicious of that; if so you should probably done something like alert us all out of thread. Maybe. That just sounds like just an excuse to get yourself out of trouble.

Either way, I don't entirely believe your story. You're not going for Doc Scratch? Why the hell does already having votes for him matter? I know Doc admitted to being a serial killer, but something doesn't seem right about this.

(Also, I saw your edit. Before there was no second paragraph.)

We don't have great evidence for Doc Scratch or Wargle. There's already enough votes for Doc Scratch, so I'm just going to leave it at that.

!!!

Crap. Um, actually I misread my role PM. I am similar to a Vig, though. I am a Serial Killer. So it's basically GLaDOS vs. the world, and I don't think I'm going to win this fight... so Doc Scratch.

I think that qualifies as signifigant evidence against Doc Scratch.

I'm not vig. I just wanted to see how Wargle would react. I was planning on retracting by the end of the day. I'm glad that attempt generated a response :/

I guess my role sort of fits my character. if you stand on your head and squint, that is. We don't have great evidence for Doc Scratch or Wargle. There's already enough votes for Doc Scratch, so I'm just going to leave it at that.

And you made me claim my actual role?

I was going to survive this you would be the first to go.

... Not me?! :D I might just survive this for once. (Seriously, when did I become an important target all the time?)

Vigilante, kill whoever claimed to be you tonight. I doubt this needs to be said, but they're obviously mafia.

And you made me claim my actual role?

I was going to survive this you would be the first to go.

:)
Oh look it did something.

Also are we allowed to communicate outside of the thread? I'll remember that idea if anything like this ever comes up again.

And Mai, yeah, I figured I'd be suspicious now. But I do edit things a lot as things pop into my head. Vig can go ahead and kill me. I don't think I've even died in a mafia game yet.

... Not me?! :D I might just survive this for once. (Seriously, when did I become an important target all the time?)

Vigilante, kill whoever claimed to be you tonight. I doubt this needs to be said, but they're obviously mafia.
Which in this case means "kill Wargle unless you are actually Wargle".

I'm inclined to believe, at least for now, that Light Yagami was just gambitting.

... Why did it slip out of my head that all the vigs other than Wargle retracted their claim.

Anyway. Squirtles, do you allow players to influence flavor text?

If so, Wargle should somehow indictate she killed Light tomorrow to prove her claim. If it's true.

Last edited:

Bye bye Light. I hope my mailbox tastes good. Jokes in mafia aren't smart.
How so? Everyone seems to have gotten this idea just because one guy once made a joke and then turned out to be mafia. There's no direct correlation.

If so, Wargle should somehow indictate she killed Light tomorrow to prove her claim. If it's true.
But then, if she's actually mafia, the indication would work just the same.

Back
Top Bottom