• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Well, You Thought Wrong

In FireRed, I decided I could take on the Elite Four 'cause I had Zapdos and Moltres in my party (this was the first Pokemon game I owned, so I wasn't as learned as some of you would've been at that time). After failing miserably the first few times, I decided that legendaries were nothing special. So, I got some of my higher leveled pokemon out of my PC and grinded like there was no tomorrow.

Even though I know now that legendaries have higher stats, I still never use them.

In Emerald, the first time I ran into a Mawile, I was all like "What the crap is that thing?" I thought it was one of the weirdest looking Pokemon I had ever seen, and I pretty much stuffed it in my PC, never to see the light of day again until I stole borrowed my bro's Gameboy and traded it to FireRed.

Then, at some point, I saw a picture of Mawile from the front. Then suddenly it was not so weird and it was actually kind of cute and it was my favorite Pokemon forever and ever.

I thought Bugsy was a girl until I saw him in the show, that was one of the biggest letdowns of my life.

In Emerald, the first time I ran into a Mawile, I was all like "What the crap is that thing?" I thought it was one of the weirdest looking Pokemon I had ever seen, and I pretty much stuffed it in my PC, never to see the light of day again until I stole borrowed my bro's Gameboy and traded it to FireRed.

Haha same here, I had no idea what Mawile was for the longest time!

I always thought they evolved that way as well. It makes more sense that way.
Not so much when you take into account the fact that, if they did evolve by Leaf Stone, it would contradict earlier games. On the grounds that the only reason why Eevee wouldn't evolve by Leaf Stone before is that Leafeon "didn't exist".

I see that they tried to do that every generation, but, they still failed with Mamoswine (as Piloswine gets Ancientpower from breeding) and Lickylicki(sp?) (as Lickitung gets Rollout by tutor).

Bugsy is a GUY?! O.o

*ahem*
I also wasted my first Master Ball, on a Seadra in Yellow.

Also, this has to be one of my most "ohcrap" moments of my life.
On my very first file of Gold version, I had a female Typhlosion that I loved so very much. But then, some time after I beat the E4 and gyms, I heard about an awesome Pokémon called "Celebi" that had a shrine in the forest. Celebi? Wow, sounds special!
So I went to the shrine and of course, it mentioned something about a Grass-type. I thought they meant Meganium. So I foolishly restarted my game and picked Chikorita. I never raised him past Bayleef, so I really dislike Bayleef now ;-;

I miss my Typhlosion <3

In FireRed I always thought you could go to Johto from some secret route. I spent months and months researching every possible way to get there. After five months I finally figured out that you couldn't. =_= I also thought that you could get RageCandyBars from the stall in Two Island.

And for some odd reason I thought Plusle evolved into Minun and Minun evolved into Plusle. I still have no idea how that would have worked out.

I always thought that in XD, using Shadow moves would cause the Pokemon's heart meter to reverse and thus prevent you from purifying it.

Reminds me, when I was at the mall a few years ago, there was this kid playing the demo of Pokemon XD, and didn't believe me when I said in this version of Pokemon, you can catch the other trainer's Pokemon. So he bet me $100 that you couldn't catch pokemon from trainers...and naturally proved him wrong =P

When I was really young, I used to think that if you used Splash enough, it would turn into Surf. Oh, how wrong I was.

When I was 6 or 8, I thought Red was Ash.
I also thought Rock types were immune to Electric attacks, and that Ghost types were super effective against Psychic types(R/B/Y), I also, at one point, thought that Electric attacks were super effective against Bug types.
I also thought Silver was a girl, but I shortly realized I was wrong.
I used to think the shiny Gyarados in G/S/C was the only "alternate colored" pokémon, 'till I actually learned what shinies are in the fourth generation(Yes, it took me that long to find out).

I remember once playing Crystal and repeatedly healing my Pokemon at a Pokemon center (Dozens upon dozens of times) because I thought it would eventually start raising their HP.

Other than that I used to think ghost types were resistant to grass because of Gastly and it's evolved forms.

I also once found a shiny Spinarak in my Crystal, only to freak out and immediately turned off the game because I thought I had found some kind of glitch.

They were. It's just that Lick was the only damaging Ghost move back then and who the hell even uses Lick.
They weren't. Psychic-types were immune to Ghost-type attacks in RBY. Just check on a type chart that has such information.

Plus, there was also Night Shade, though it ignores effectiveness.

At first I thought Roark was a girl as well, until I first got to Byron, who mentioned Roark as a "he." o_O
I'll second, rather third, that.

I remember thinking that Team Aqua on Sapphire was gonna steal all my pokemon (this was ages ago). It took me like four weeks to finish Rustboro.

Back
Top Bottom