• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Well, You Thought Wrong

Oh right, I've always thought until recently that Gyarados's name was spelled Gyrados. Y'know, the 'Gyr' part as in 'gyre'? Although, it does look better with an extra a...

When I was little I thought Mew evolved Mewtwo and Mewtwo evolved into Mega-Mewtwo(Mewtwo with his suit from the movie). Yeah...

You're not the only one who thought Mega-Mewtwo was a real Pokemon!

I don't remember where I got it from.

I thought Salamence was a powerful unobtainable Pokemon. So I lied to my friend and told him that you could get it by training Bagon. Didn't know it was true.

I lied to my friend and told him that you could get it by training Bagon. Didn't know it was true.
XD Just.. awesome.

I used to think Electabuzz, Jynx and Magmar were legendaries at first. It's not until I saw lots of magmar and electabuzz in their respective catchable zones I realized those two weren't. I still thought Jynx was legendary because my friend had one, never told me how to get it, further fueling the thoughts of her being legendary. That was before I could get on the internet to check it, then facepalming.

Also took me a long time to know Gengar and Golem were only obtainable via trade. The only one I had was a Golem from a friend at level 36, again, fueling my thoughts that golems evolve at level 36 and that trading just acts like a level up, hence, making your pokemon evolve if you canceled the evolution. Yeah..

Then there's the whole aerodactyl being legendary for me back then. I think I was too disillusionnal and thought everything rare was legendary. Like Snorlax, since there were only two and I.. used... a masterball.. to catch my first in my very first playthough.

Of course, I never been the brightest bulb in the box and kept believing loads of things made up by myself. 8/

Like Snorlax, since there were only two and I.. used... a masterball.. to catch my first in my very first playthough.

I can top that (sadly).

I was introduced to Pokemon by my cousin; by that point he had gotten really far in Blue and was almost done with the pokedex. So I looked over his shoulder one day and saw him, apparently, buying Master Balls somewhere, then catching a bunch of stuff with them. When I got my copy of Red (and Yellow, which would then go unplayed forever), I assumed that I would be able to get as many Master Balls as I wanted, so I used it on a random Seadra I encountered on my way to the E4. After several months of looking for this mystical ball vendor, I asked my cousin how he had done it and he said he had no idea what I was talking about.

I believed that Take Down was a Dark-type move for a while... until fairly recently, actually, when a Pokémon in my FireRed learned it and I was like "wait... Take Down's a Normal move?"

When I was very little, I thought that Fire>Water because fire evaporates water.

I was the slow one.

Haw, you know, type-matching before the internet start hammering in my head was complicated. Ice isn't effective against Water type, not matter how much I thought it could freeze water. Yeah..

Don't worry, Eddy, I'm still convinced Electabuzz, Jynx, and Magmar were legends before they got replaced by Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres. They are all human-shaped, and they were the only Pokemon to learn their respective elemental punches, so they could have been signature moves. Then Hitmonchan had to be created...

Holy balls, Tate is a guy?!

Hm, interesting....

Recently, after playing Oblivion for waaay too long, I somehow got it into my head that you could kill a trainer and take their pokemon.

My sis told me I was fuckin crazy.

From what I remember, Bugsy was the only character whose gender I couldn't figure out.

Never had any trouble at all with Roark, Tucker, Tate etc... usually the names are a pretty big giveaway. And I can't see how people are getting genders mixed up for the Team Galactic people... Saturn looks like a dude with a funny haircut, and Mars and Jupiter are pretty obviously girls.

Of course, maybe I'm just really good at figuring out people's genders...

Woah. I just figured out that skarmory and chinchou and generation 2 pokemon.
I didn't see them until rse!!! Wierd. That was silly. Anyone have something like that
happen to you?

Origianly in Gold I thought that the secret potion was one of the best potions you could get, and would heal your entire team. Shame...

Let's see...

-I once thought Charizard was a Fire/Flying/Dragon/Fighting type.
-Once, while playing a friend's Crystal, I came across Entei... and ran from it.
-When I saw the R/S Nosepass sprite: nosepass, I thought it didn't have any legs; I thought it was a head for a statue, the one foot on the ground was the neck, the one foot in the air was a tubelike mouth, and the arms were ears.
-I thought Golbats evolved into Crobat at Level 65.
-I thought the Soothe Bell was in Pokemon Gold.... until I looked it up.
And...
-I thought Ice-types were weak to Dark-type moves.

I thought the Grass-type was called Leaf-type until I met that girl in Emerald who gives you whatever if you have a Grass type. I was all, "What is this Grass type? Is she talking about Leaf type?"

And I thought if you pressed B when the Pokeball hit the "ground" and then did Right-Left-Right-Down, it would unfailingly catch a Pokemon. I still do that out of habit, even though I know better.

I always thought that pokemon raised from a lower level were stronger in red - in fact, i'm still not sure whether or not they are...

When I saw the R/S Nosepass sprite: nosepass, I thought it didn't have any legs; I thought it was a head for a statue, the one foot on the ground was the neck, the one foot in the air was a tubelike mouth, and the arms were ears.

it looks awesome when you think about it like that...

-When I saw the R/S Nosepass sprite: nosepass, I thought it didn't have any legs; I thought it was a head for a statue, the one foot on the ground was the neck, the one foot in the air was a tubelike mouth, and the arms were ears.

I usually see those arms as ears anyway o_o

I think I once thought Butterfree could learn Fly in Pokémon Yellow, which I suppose isn't quite such a ridiculous misconception given that Pidgey, Spearow etc. learn it.

And Dodrio can learn it in Gen I. Which is even more ridiculous, considering it doesn't have wings.
Charizard couldn't learn Fly in Gen I, either. Flawed logic yay~

I.. can't stop laughing at nosepass' sprite now. XD Tube-mouth.

The entei one reminds me that I used to think Lugia would be in the Tin Tower in Silver sinc eI had played Gold first and Ho-oh was there. Of course, I was young and couldn't read English properly so I didn't read what everyone said.

Which now chain-reminds me that the moonstone and sun stone would make Eevee evolve into Umbreon and Espeon for quite a long time. I still catch myself trying to get a leaf stone on eevee when trying to make it evolve into a Leafeon before I remember that they don't work that way. :c

Back
Top Bottom